Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 109
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonFutchLakeCityFL View Post
    I checked out the John Doe's profile on NamUs and the only person the Lake City '94 John Doe (being there is also a '78 John Doe as well) was considered to be was a missing 13 year old named Danny Jackson from Gainesville. I did alert the Columbia County Sheriffs Office on my find, and I am awaiting more information from the sheriffs office. I know, being this is one of the only cold cases in Lake City, this will be taken under heavy consideration. I actually encourage some of the people on here to call CCSO and tell Sheriff Mark Hunter and the investigating officer to heavily consider this find. I will be posting this story on America's Most Wanted forums tonight as well because I believe its time to bring new life into this case because I believe that this John Doe should be considered a match to MP Erik Patchin. Yes, the comparison between Patchin and TGD "Jason" Doe failed, but this could be a great possibility...a very great possibility!
    Hello Jason - you're enthusiasm is inspiring, and I thank you for sharing it here along with your insights.

    Try not to be discouraged, if you don't get the confirmation/denial you are seeking in this case. That happens, sometimes. It can be extremely frustrating, especially when you've identified very simple tests for elimination of your proposed match, as you have here; circumcised or not? mole or no mole? Be prepared for the possibility that you might not EVER receive official yea or nay, and don't take that personally if it happens to you - because it has happened to me & to many others, with respect to many different cases. And even if your insight doesn't ultimately lead to resolution of THIS case, (I'm not saying it won't), your enthusiasm, your insightful thinking, your caring and willingness to get involved is all very much needed - and appreciated!

    I've puzzled over this case many times, myself, particularly as to what meaning the dismemberment might have.

    It could indicate a perp with a "kink" for such acts, such as
    Daniel Conahan Jr. He mutilated his victims, but not in the same manner. Conahan only removed their genitals, and this victims was apparently intact in that area, so he seems an unlikely perp for this case.

    Sometimes dismemberment is simply an effort to avoid leaving evidence which could identify the killer. Natural to assume that might be the case here, but...if that was the motivation, wouldn't the killer have taken greater care to clean up the torso's dump site? Not only did they leave that site an obvious bloody mess, apparently, but left all kinds of potentially identifying clues to their own identity, as well. Which seems very odd to me.

    I've considered, that the person disposing of the torso in this manner might have been much more concerned to conceal the identity of the victim, than to conceal their own identity. Removing head, hands, feet - those are the key portions of a body for identifying the victim in a reasonable amount of time. (unless the torso was tattooed or something, not the case here).

    So - what circumstances could possibly lead to a killer of a young male being more concerned to hide the identity of the deceased than their own identity? All I can come up with is something like: if someone was being paid a lot of money from a trust or government agency to care for a young invalid, perhaps, and wanted to continue getting paid for that but without the trouble of actually doing it, they might pay some lowlife to murder their ward and dispose of the remains in pieces spread so far apart that it might take decades for enough remains to surface for anyone to figure out that "young Master X" is actually deceased. Sheer speculation, of course.


  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roy Harrold For This Useful Post:


  3. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Fernandina Beach, FL
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Harrold View Post
    Hello Jason - you're enthusiasm is inspiring, and I thank you for sharing it here along with your insights.

    Try not to be discouraged, if you don't get the confirmation/denial you are seeking in this case. That happens, sometimes. It can be extremely frustrating, especially when you've identified very simple tests for elimination of your proposed match, as you have here; circumcised or not? mole or no mole? Be prepared for the possibility that you might not EVER receive official yea or nay, and don't take that personally if it happens to you - because it has happened to me & to many others, with respect to many different cases. And even if your insight doesn't ultimately lead to resolution of THIS case, (I'm not saying it won't), your enthusiasm, your insightful thinking, your caring and willingness to get involved is all very much needed - and appreciated!

    I've puzzled over this case many times, myself, particularly as to what meaning the dismemberment might have.

    It could indicate a perp with a "kink" for such acts, such as
    Daniel Conahan Jr. He mutilated his victims, but not in the same manner. Conahan only removed their genitals, and this victims was apparently intact in that area, so he seems an unlikely perp for this case.

    Sometimes dismemberment is simply an effort to avoid leaving evidence which could identify the killer. Natural to assume that might be the case here, but...if that was the motivation, wouldn't the killer have taken greater care to clean up the torso's dump site? Not only did they leave that site an obvious bloody mess, apparently, but left all kinds of potentially identifying clues to their own identity, as well. Which seems very odd to me.

    I've considered, that the person disposing of the torso in this manner might have been much more concerned to conceal the identity of the victim, than to conceal their own identity. Removing head, hands, feet - those are the key portions of a body for identifying the victim in a reasonable amount of time. (unless the torso was tattooed or something, not the case here).

    So - what circumstances could possibly lead to a killer of a young male being more concerned to hide the identity of the deceased than their own identity? All I can come up with is something like: if someone was being paid a lot of money from a trust or government agency to care for a young invalid, perhaps, and wanted to continue getting paid for that but without the trouble of actually doing it, they might pay some lowlife to murder their ward and dispose of the remains in pieces spread so far apart that it might take decades for enough remains to surface for anyone to figure out that "young Master X" is actually deceased. Sheer speculation, of course.
    I appreciate that. Thank you for replying.

    I am going to further my exploration on other similar crimes such as this on the Doe Network's website. The FDLE Missing Persons Clearinghouse does not give great detail into the description of the crime. They usually state bluntly that the "missing person was found here and there". A serial maime could be a possibility. I have a mind to visit the sheriff's office in person to discuss this. I am also going to check NAMUS for any other updates as well. I also encourage anyone who wishes to privately discuss this with me email me at polomosianguard@gmail.com!


  4. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    25,308
    Rule Outs to Namus #757

    Erik Patchin
    Danny Randall Jackson
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK




  5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:


  6. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Fernandina Beach, FL
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    Rule Outs to Namus #757

    Erik Patchin
    Danny Randall Jackson
    Thanks for the info. Just found out yesterday afternoon. Its a little like "DAMN!" but at least Erik could still be out there....as for the victim's parents who could be wondering where their child is, that is what I think. I thank you BEssie.


  7. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    War-Town, GA
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
    This may or may not be important, but the flower decals suggest the body was dismembered in a home and not a motel. I can't see them being used in a motel bathtub that had to be frequently scrubbed out, and it's been a while since I've stayed in a motel, but don't most motel tubs have built-in anti-skid bottoms anyway, like a pattern of bars with a sandpaper-like texture?

    Maybe whoever was dismembering the body realized there would be blood under the stickers so he pried them up and disposed of them with the egg-crate mattress and other stuff.

    Useless pop-culture info: The flowers came in various decorating colors and were self-stick so they could be arranged on the floor of the tub, and they were textured to provide some grip so bathers wouldn't fall. I think they were a very Seventies thing.

    No guarantee these are the exact type, but here's what I'm talking about (scroll down): http://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-Rubberm...-/380351205313

    I stayed at a motel once that had flower shaped anti slip stickers. It was a very cheap and seedy motel, however. Thank goodness I can afford better hotels now.


  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parakeet For This Useful Post:


  9. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Fernandina Beach, FL
    Posts
    73

    Lake City Gas Station John Doe (441/I-10, 1994)

    One morning, on a warm summer day in June 1994, a woman who was traveling from the south to Lake City, Ohio (ironic), decided to pull in to a local gas station outside of Lake City, FL., in what would be considered the Five Points area. She knew her dog needed to go for a walk, so she put the dog on a leash and went for a walk around the gas station. What happens next is grizzly.

    As she approaches the back of the building, she notices something very wierd. She sees something that looks like a human torso. Unsure, she approaches the suspicious body part, and the dog goes insane. As she got closer, she could see blood and more detailed looks of the torso. She alerts the clerk at the store, who proceeds to call 911. The store would be closed for business until after FDLE, the Columbia County Sheriffs Office and the Medical Examiner could finish their reports and remove the torso. Also discovered at the crime scene were ginsu knives, and egg carton matress, and a Rubbermaid Anti-Slip Tub Padding, all covered in blood. Also discovered were a pair of bloody gloves. The arms, legs, and head had to have been cut off using these knives.

    I have been researching this case since I first heard about it a couple of years ago. Just recently, I updated this case to attempt to identify this John Doe with Erik Patchin of Tallahassee, FL., who disappeared a week or two earlier. The CODIS came back negative. So now I am in an attempt to identify this person, and I need the public's help with this. I am planning to form an independent volunteer task team to help me do this. I am interested in anyone from around the country to help me put a name to this person. This is a case that hits home to alot of folks here, right next to the rape and murder of Kimberly Leach of Lake City by Ted Bundy. Who can help me do this? I am asking for assistance. And If you need any kind of informaton on the case, I have several links:

    http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/mcicsear...3134&case_nbr= (FDLE MISSING PERSONS FLYER)

    http://doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase639.html (DOE NETWORK PROFILE)

    https://identifyus.org/cases/757 (IDENTIFYUS PROFILE)

    http://columbiacrimestoppers.net/unsolved.aspx (COLUMBIA COUNTY CRIME STOPPERS STORY)

    I know there are also articles available via microfilm at Florida Gateway College in Lake City, FL and at George Smathers Library at the University of Florida-Gainesville from the Lake City Reporter. I am asking for EVERYONE'S help!


  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JasonFutchLakeCityFL For This Useful Post:


  11. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,623
    NamUs lists the height at 5'8 and 109 lbs and the Columbia County site lists height as 5'5 - 5'11 and 170 to 205 lbs.

    That is quite a difference....which one is right?


  12. The Following User Says Thank You to MissSunshine For This Useful Post:


  13. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Fernandina Beach, FL
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by MissSunshine View Post
    NamUs lists the height at 5'8 and 109 lbs and the Columbia County site lists height as 5'5 - 5'11 and 170 to 205 lbs.

    That is quite a difference....which one is right?
    Those are estimates conducted by both agencies. Truthfully, because no legs were recovered, there could be no true measurement as to how tall this John Doe was. There was a report done by FSU's Osteo-pathic Office in 1995 that did estimate between 5'6"-6'0. Truthfully, until a name is put to this body, the hieght estimates will not help. However, we do know that this John Doe was at least 5'5" at the shortest due to the size of the torso.

    I do appreciate the question MissSunshine...can I count you in to help?


  14. The Following User Says Thank You to JasonFutchLakeCityFL For This Useful Post:


  15. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Fernandina Beach, FL
    Posts
    73
    Oh and may I add, you could definitely dismiss the 175-201 lbs. estimate on the pounds. Thats totally inaccurate, as from the description a buddy of mine told me at CCSO, the torso was slim-ish, about average built.


  16. The Following User Says Thank You to JasonFutchLakeCityFL For This Useful Post:

    bcf

  17. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,623
    The Columbia CrimeStoppers website says:
    The hair on the back of what was left of the neck was light brown, grown out about , bleached on the top.
    .

    Does that mean that the hair on his head was bleached?


  18. The Following User Says Thank You to MissSunshine For This Useful Post:


  19. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Fernandina Beach, FL
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by MissSunshine View Post
    The Columbia CrimeStoppers website says: .

    Does that mean that the hair on his head was bleached?
    Most likely because I am sure they did some chemical tests on the hair when they ran the hair through I am sure. Otherwise, the bleached quote would not have been there. 1/4 of his hair means most likely he had a haircut not long before his death, because I normally have my hair shortened to 1/4. So we are looking for a missing operson who may have had brownish hair or had recently bleached their hair. Also note that there were no tattoos, but there is a mole on the left side of the chest.


  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JasonFutchLakeCityFL For This Useful Post:


  21. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northeast USA
    Posts
    3,462
    one of the descriptors was that the UID was circumcized so I assume they could find pubic hairs as well.


  22. The Following User Says Thank You to webrocket For This Useful Post:


  23. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Fernandina Beach, FL
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
    one of the descriptors was that the UID was circumcized so I assume they could find pubic hairs as well.
    That is true, something I have thought about. I know from that direction, we would be looking for a circumcised male. However, alot of the caucasians were circumcised up to about 1991, when the State of Florida did not require nurses to ask about circumcision.


  24. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    7,541
    I see there is another thread on this case. May want to have a mod combine them so all the info is here.


    I found this one as a possible
    http://doenetwork.org/cases/516dmva.html

    Aron Silverman. Endangered runaway from Sept 1993 Virginia. Height/weight similar and hair seems to have highlights, maybe lightened at one time and growing out? Hard to tell with b/w photo.
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.


  25. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    7,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    I see there is another thread on this case. May want to have a mod combine them so all the info is here.


    I found this one as a possible
    http://doenetwork.org/cases/516dmva.html

    Aron Silverman. Endangered runaway from Sept 1993 Virginia. Height/weight similar and hair seems to have highlights, maybe lightened at one time and growing out? Hard to tell with b/w photo.
    Edit-he has many brown moles on his body according to doenetwork. This doe has brown mole indicated.
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.


Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-05-2014, 10:12 AM
  2. UT UT - Kane County - White Male (NamUs #8514), 30-55, Feb 1994
    By Irish_Eyes in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-06-2013, 08:33 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-15-2012, 11:35 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-02-2011, 03:29 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 01:38 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •