877 users online (164 members and 713 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1015
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,161

    Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox Conviction Overturned #22

    Please continue here.

    Please remember the rules: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

    You will be held accountable for abiding by them.

    No name calling.

    Don't badger each other.

    Be respectful.

    Thanks,

    Salem

    Thread 20
    Last edited by KateB; 05-24-2015 at 03:05 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    13,696
    (I was posting when the last thread closed):
    Quote Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post
    If it's not too much trouble, could you please post at least one or two ?

    Thank You !
    I will post the link to the channel: somealibis's Channel - YouTube

    It is a beautiful town, by the way. And now I'm off this thread topic. I'm very satisfied and happy that Knox and Sollecito have been set free and acquitted. But I am a bit bothered that some seem to be shouting down those with differing opinions in a not so polite manner (IMO).

    I probably shouldn't talk because I know I have not been perfect in the past but I try because I really value fairness.
    Last edited by KateB; 05-24-2015 at 03:05 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

    *Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    898
    for the person on the last thread that asked about Amanda knowing Rudy and smoking dope with him

    Rudy said he had met her and Meredith out at a disco. Said that later he had been to their house because he had played basketball with some of the guys that went over there, and he smoked hashish while he was there

    http://blog.seattlepi.com/dempsey/20...was-not-there/

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    15,410
    The previous thread got "closed" while I was still writing a response to a post ... and it was not the first time that happened to me ...

    I thought it was closed down for good because of ... well, you know what I mean ... LOL ... and I see now a new one has been opened ...

    So I was "lucky" to catch it and save in time ... and posting it here so I hope this works :


    Quote Originally Posted by Allusonz View Post
    I understand what you are stating. I still would think that after 4 years someone would of come forward and stated something to the effect that in hindsight etc., I realize this. It has not happened.

    As well if you are going to hold AK to this standard you must hold everyone to that standard. Yet at every twist and turn I took the red flags were being raised by the Postal Police, the prosecutor, the civil lawyers, the investigation et al. Then they lied about it under oath. Stephanoni lied about not testing for blood, stating inaccurate test results etc. The Postal Police lied about not going into the room. The list is very long and many will add to this list.

    My question is when do you say hold it, take a step back, and revisit ones perception?


    BBM: Maybe no one came forward because they felt it would have "fallen on deaf ears" because of the pro-Amanda stance here in the U.S.?

    Maybe no one came forward because they did not want to "go against the general consensus" here in the U.S. that AK was "not guilty" ?

    Maybe no one wanted to come forward because this person would have automatically been "accused" and "scrutinized" of wanting to have their "15 minutes of fame" ?

    I think it would be interesting to see if there is someone out there that does have a "differing" opinion than what we have been "told".

    And to answer the question as to when do you take a step and revisit one's perception ... IMO, it is the minute you see it, as well as feel it !

    It's very hard to explain but it's like a "bell goes off in your head" and you remember something -- something that was said, or a person's actions, that you may have just "ignored" at the time or did not give it a lot of significance.

    It can kind of hit like a "ton of bricks" or "like a feather" ... and it is going to vary from person to person and situation to situation ... and you think back on it ... This is not the best answer but it's like all of a sudden, you just realize "somethin's not right" ... it's "hinky stinky" ...

    MOO ...
    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    15,410
    Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    (I was posting when the last thread closed):


    I will post the link to the channel: somealibis's Channel - YouTube

    It is a beautiful town, by the way. And now I'm off this thread topic. I'm very satisfied and happy that Knox and Sollecito have been set free and acquitted. But I am a bit bothered that some seem to be shouting down those with differing opinions in a not so polite manner (IMO).

    I probably shouldn't talk because I know I have not been perfect in the past but I try because I really value fairness.

    Thank You ...

    And yes, Perugia is a beautiful town ... never been there but from what I have seen on tv and in pictures, it is nice !

    As always gitana1, I do appreciate your opinions as well as legal input ... even if we do not always agree ... lol

    But ... we can always "agree to disagree" ...

    MOO ...
    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs CO (sorta close enough)
    Posts
    716
    Posted by darnudes: It's not about that - they are not the defendants in this crime. All Amanda had to do at the beginning was tell the truth, she didn't and hasn't done to this day.

    I'm not willing to get into a discussion about things where my knowledge base is low so I'm not going to talk about any of the alleged lies from the prosecutor/forensics etc.

    Should I start calling Amanda, a convicted felon? Don't think so and I think it is disrepectful to attribute those names to the prosecutor.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Defendants or not, it's not imo ok to lie under oath in a court room, and that standard has to be held to an even higher standard by those testifying for the prosecution, most especially the prosecutor. I barely understand the need for LE to lie during investigations, but I don't approve of them, nor condon them most especially from LE, prosecutors, crime scene investigators and the like. No, I don't condon the lies Amanda told, even if I can certainly understand how and why she did, I don't condon it. What I do expect is the same level of honesty you want from Amanda to be held to those involved in the prosecution and the civil lawyers, who also lied.

    Amanda has been convicted for the lies concerning her boss that she made in her statement to the ILE. You can call her what you want although you may want to verify that it's a felony class crime before you call her a felon. I don't think it is here in the US, I don't know about Italy.

    I call the prosecutor a convicted criminal because that is what he is and when reviewing this case completely that shouldn't be forgotten. What many of us have seen in this case is eerily similar to what he's been convicted of in another case that has been mentioned here several times. And no, I hold no respect for him, he's shown me no reason to offer him any.
    Last edited by JBean; 10-04-2011 at 09:56 AM. Reason: add quote tags for clarity
    imo, jmo, imho and all that stuff

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    20,003
    I haven't followed this case much here, but I just wanted to chime in and say I'm glad she'll be coming home.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    49
    Amanda Knox thanks Italians who helped her survive.....link to MSNBC article:

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44767938.../#.TorGd3N93z8

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,266
    Quote Originally Posted by kantoo View Post
    for the person on the last thread that asked about Amanda knowing Rudy and smoking dope with him

    Rudy said he had met her and Meredith out at a disco. Said that later he had been to their house because he had played basketball with some of the guys that went over there, and he smoked hashish while he was there

    http://blog.seattlepi.com/dempsey/20...was-not-there/
    I think it's worth noting the paragraph before that:

    Judge Paolo Michelli, who condemmed Rudy to 30 years in his first trial, noted the Rudy altered his alibis as new facts appeared in the press that contradicted his previous alibi. Thus he first said he met Meredith at a party on Halloween and, when it turned out that she’d spent the entire evening in various discos, he claimed that he’d flirted with her at the Domus disco.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    49
    Weird...there was just a Breaking News headline (the ones you can't click on for article yet) that the Prosecution intends to appeal the overturning of the verdict but now it's gone. Maybe it wasn't confirmed?


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,266
    Quote Originally Posted by imanta View Post
    Amanda Knox thanks Italians who helped her survive.....link to MSNBC article:

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44767938.../#.TorGd3N93z8
    Thought this was noteworthy:

    "I'm hugely relieved," said John Lange, who taught Knox's high school drama class at Seattle Preparatory School.
    "When I knew her she was kind, hard-working and a team player. There was not a mean bone in her body," he said, wiping away tears with a tissue.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,266
    Quote Originally Posted by imanta View Post
    Weird...there was just a Breaking News headline (the ones you can't click on for article yet) that the Prosecution intends to appeal the overturning of the verdict but now it's gone. Maybe it wasn't confirmed?
    That is entirely true. This appeals trial is only the second of three phases that automatically happen. The prosecution has planned since at least last week to appeal at the supreme court level. If they find any rules were broken there could be a whole new trial. But I doubt Amanda will be returning to Italy for that, and I doubt the SC would fine any good reason to.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,266
    Quote Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post
    The previous thread got "closed" while I was still writing a response to a post ... and it was not the first time that happened to me ...

    I thought it was closed down for good because of ... well, you know what I mean ... LOL ... and I see now a new one has been opened ...

    So I was "lucky" to catch it and save in time ... and posting it here so I hope this works :






    BBM: Maybe no one came forward because they felt it would have "fallen on deaf ears" because of the pro-Amanda stance here in the U.S.?

    Maybe no one came forward because they did not want to "go against the general consensus" here in the U.S. that AK was "not guilty" ?

    Maybe no one wanted to come forward because this person would have automatically been "accused" and "scrutinized" of wanting to have their "15 minutes of fame" ?

    I think it would be interesting to see if there is someone out there that does have a "differing" opinion than what we have been "told".

    And to answer the question as to when do you take a step and revisit one's perception ... IMO, it is the minute you see it, as well as feel it !

    It's very hard to explain but it's like a "bell goes off in your head" and you remember something -- something that was said, or a person's actions, that you may have just "ignored" at the time or did not give it a lot of significance.

    It can kind of hit like a "ton of bricks" or "like a feather" ... and it is going to vary from person to person and situation to situation ... and you think back on it ... This is not the best answer but it's like all of a sudden, you just realize "somethin's not right" ... it's "hinky stinky" ...

    MOO ...
    Or maybe there were no red flags because they didn't exist. Just like maybe they weren't on hard drugs that night because there is no evidence of that either. <modsnip>
    Last edited by Salem; 10-05-2011 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Please don't tell others how they should post

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    19,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkmus View Post
    That is entirely true. This appeals trial is only the second of three phases that automatically happen. The prosecution has planned since at least last week to appeal at the supreme court level. If they find any rules were broken there could be a whole new trial. But I doubt Amanda will be returning to Italy for that, and I doubt the SC would fine any good reason to.
    Is that how the Italian SC works, Malkmus? Like our appellate courts, that deal almost exclusively with trial error rather than actual evidence?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkmus View Post
    I think it's worth noting the paragraph before that:

    Quote:
    Judge Paolo Michelli, who condemmed Rudy to 30 years in his first trial, noted the Rudy altered his alibis as new facts appeared in the press that contradicted his previous alibi. Thus he first said he met Meredith at a party on Halloween and, when it turned out that she’d spent the entire evening in various discos, he claimed that he’d flirted with her at the Domus disco.
    Ah well, if you're quoting Michelli please also note the following:

    Judge Paolo Micheli, releasing a report on his reasons for sentencing Rudy Guede, 22, to 30 years in prison in October for his part in the murder, said the killing was “a group crime”. Guede had not himself cut Ms Kercher’s throat. But there was “cast iron proof” that he had taken part in the murder, even if he did not strike the “mortal blow”.

    Judge Micheli said he accepted that there was “complicity” between the assailants, but said some aspects of the prosecution reconstruction were “fantasy”.

    Judge Micheli said Guede was “a liar” and there were “no extenuating circumstances”. “Even someone who wanted to believe him would find it impossible,” the judge wrote. He added: “It is credible that Guede entered the house because he was let into it by someone else, and that someone could only be Amanda Knox.”


    Definitely food for thought.

Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1204
    Last Post: 10-03-2011, 11:48 PM
  2. Replies: 765
    Last Post: 09-30-2011, 12:22 PM
  3. Replies: 1093
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 10:30 PM
  4. Replies: 985
    Last Post: 05-19-2011, 07:00 AM

Tags for this Thread