898 users online (111 members and 787 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MN - Blue Earth, WhtFem 183UFMN, 20-35, May'80 - Michelle Busha

i came across this website somehow and thought y'all might be interested.

i think it is scary how much cassandra landrum looks like this jane doe although the circumstances, time and locations lead me to believe it probably is not her.

http://mavweb.mnsu.edu/bittid/#PossibleData
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-14-2013 at 07:03 PM. Reason: update thread title/merge threads

Quote Originally Posted by carolina
    i came across this website somehow and thought y'all might be interested.

i think it is scary how much cassandra landrum looks like this jane doe although the circumstances, time and locations lead me to believe it probably is not her.

http://mavweb.mnsu.edu/bittid/#PossibleData
    That is unreal how many people it might be...
    Save the Earth! It is the only planet with chocolate.

Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet.
    ~ Unknown

"Blue Earth" MN Unidentified Caucasian Female 1980

"Blue Earth" Unidentified Caucasian Female

Discovered on May 30, 1980 in Blue Earth, Faribault County, Minnesota.
    She was a victim of homicide
    Estimated date of death was 3 - 7 days prior to discovery
    State of Remains: Moderate to severe decomposition

Vital Statistics
    Estimated age: 20 - 35 years old
    Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3"; 128 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair. Left ear pierced. Brown hair. Both feet heavily calloused.
    Dentals: Slight overbite. Dental records available.
    Clothing: No clothing located.
    Fingerprints: Left thumbprint available.
    The Doe Network: Case File 183UFMN
    Agency Case Number: 80-000-335
    NCIC Number: U-464525869

Case History
    The victim's body was found in a drainage ditch on Interstate 90 near the Bricelyn Exit. The perpertrator, Robert Leroy Nelson, was an on-duty Minnesota State Patrol trooper who lured the apparent hitchhiker and confessed to the crime nine years later.
    Nelson, currently serving a life sentence in Texas in connection with brutal sexual assaults on other victims and his own children, admitted to the murder and under hypnosis provided authorities with some details about the victim, including tossing her black purse into a nearby grain storage facility. The purse was never found. He described her as wearing a T-shirt, blue jeans, hooded sweatshirt, Army fatigue jacket and carrying a black leather purse and possibly wearing a gold ring with a pearl and small diamond inset. He further revealed that prior to the victim's death she had talked about the Milwaukee, WI area and thought she may have been traveling to Oregon or Idaho.

Faribault County Sheriff's Office 507-526-5148

Link
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/183ufmn.html
    Last edited by Cubby; 07-26-2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: fix doenetwork link (from .us to .org)

Quote Originally Posted by carolina
    You might be on to something. The resemblence is close. The problem seems to be in the five years difference between the two cases. Could it be possible that she ran away from home in Georgia only to turn up five years later in Minnesota? Perhaps she was living with some one in the interim? I wonder if any forensic comparison has ever been made.
    Here is some info on Cassandra:

Cassandra Nadine Landrum
    AKA Sandra
    Missing since September 29, 1975 from Union City, Fulton County, Georgia.
    Classification: Involuntary

Vital Statistics
    Date Of Birth: August 26, 1957
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'1; 100 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian. Blonde hair; hazel eyes.
    Marks, Scars: Small scar on her forehead
    Clothing: Blue jeans and two red shirts, one short sleeved and one long. She was barefoot.

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Landrum was last seen leaving her family's home in Union City, Georgia on September 29, 1975. She intended to use a pay phone, which was a short distance from her house. Landrum was never seen or heard from again.
    Her parents received anonymous phone calls after her disappearance, during which the caller informed them that Landrum had been murdered. She has never been located.

Union City Police Department 770-306-6862
    NCIC Number: M-768525715
    The Doe Network: Case File 210DFGA

yes, the time is definately the big problem with her, and she is also a little under the estimated age range.

and assuming that cassandra did run away, maybe she had one of her friends call her parents and say she was murdered in hopes that they wouldnt try as hard to look for her. but then to actually end up murdered is too freaky.

the big question i have with the jane doe is the head shaving thing. it said on that website how her head was completely shaved except for a small circle of hair...i really wonder if the police explored the cult angle enough.

Shaved head?

I had not heard that her head was shaved. If that is the case, why would the artist's drawing show her with a full head of hair? The Hari-Khrishnas of the 1970's had a habit of shaving their head, except for a topknot. But As I recall, it was the men who did that. I don't recall girls doing it.

i don't know why they show her with hair...maybe they think it was done after she was killed? that is totally my own guess though. it is just so strange!

if you look on the website and go to the link that goes to newspaper articles from 1980, there is one that points that out. it is a very unclear pdf though and you have to zoom in on it....i think the following link should take you to it...

http://mavweb.mnsu.edu/bittid/freepressmay311980.pdf

Certain things just do not fit with this being cult related. In the 1970s and early 80's there was a lot of cult activity going on, along with abductions and "deprogramming" of kids who had run off to join cults.
    This one, however, seems a bit out of the ordinary. If the girl was in a cult, it is unlikely that she would have been traveling alone and over such a long distance (Wisconsin to Oregon).
    If the confessed killer is believed, the clothing, purse, and jewlry that she was wearing does not seem to fit with the styles of most cults.
    Did Robert Leroy Nelson ever say anything about her head being shaved? In describing her clothing, did he say what became of it? Why does he not mention shoes and socks?
    The description states that her feet were heavily calloused. So where was she all winter long that she could have gone barefoot to keep them so calloused?

do you believe robert nelson actually committed this murder?

i am begining to agree with the website that so far paulette jaster is the closest match out of those listed as missing on the doe network. but i would like to know WHEN in 1980 she was seen in arizona - that could explain the callouses on her feet.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/108dfmi.html

Date Of Birth: January 9, 1954
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old

Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 115 lbs.

Distingishing Characteristics: Caucasian. Brown hair; hazel eyes. Slender to medium build.

Dentals: Available

Marks, Scars: Scar on crown of head, gray mark from pencil lead embedded on left cheekbone below eye.

Medical Conditions: Jaster occasionally suffered from periods with mental illness.

Clothing: She was wearing blue jeans and was carrying an army-style duffelbag. She also wore a ring with a turquise stone and a silver ring with a stone of unknown color.

AKA: Paula Johnson,Paula Breck, Paulette Breck, Paula Lynn Sweet

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Jaster was last seen in Davison, Michigan sometime in May of 1979. She left Michigan and was last seen headed toward Highway 69. She was sighted in Mesa, AZ during 1980.

She worked at WAG's Restaurant (in Walgreen's) and Paul Perry's Smorgee Table early in 1980, both in Mesa, Arizona. It is believed that she may have been traveling to Florida. Jaster was known to have bouts with mental illness, and is very creative and artistic, loves unusual jewelry, animals and anything "natural". Jaster has never been seen or heard from again.
    A cursory search of Social Security databases showed no evidence of Jaster or any of her known aliases in recent years.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 06-29-2012 at 07:40 PM. Reason: fixed bad link.

Robert Nelson

Robert Nelson had been a State Police officer. He would therefor have had access to just about every bit of information about this murdered girl. Could he have faked a convincing confession? Yes, but for what reason? He obviously gave additional information about her, such as clothing, jewlry, name, etc. but none of that has checked out.
    Having been in Arizona, I would not recommend going barefoot there. The ground is pretty sharp with rocks and cactus! And it does get pretty cold there in the winter.

so the arizona thing was totally wrong! oops..obviously i have never been to mesa!

the calloused feet though might simply be from extensive walking or standing and have nothing to do with weather. if she had been hitchhiking for some time she probably would get them same as if she had held a job as a waitress somewhere. an uncomfortable pair of shoes in either one of those situations would definately bring on callouses.

i just wish there was more information to go on than the few pieces of evidence that came out during nelson's hypnosis that cant even be confirmed as accurate. and he said what she was wearing when he picked her up but never what happened to her clothes and jewlrey. he must have done something with all his victim's stuff!

Another possible match to the Blue Earth Jane Doe?
    Lisa Joy White
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31454

Ok now I am confused about the hair. Why do they not mention the unusual hairstyle in any report? The cult thing may have something to do with the calloused feet I guess.

I am Paulette Jaster's sister, and a newbie to this forum. According to SS, she was working at two restaurants (probably as a waitress) in AZ in January and February of 1980. If you would like to read the recent article published in the Flint Journal here's a link: http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/...l=5&thispage=8
    Thank you for your interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Pbuck
    I am Paulette Jaster's sister, and a newbie to this forum. According to SS, she was working at two restaurants (probably as a waitress) in AZ in January and February of 1980. If you would like to read the recent article published in the Flint Journal here's a link: http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/...l=5&thispage=8
    Thank you for your interest.
    Pbuck,
    Welcome to WS, I hope you find this forum helpful. Thanks for the link to the article, the information is appreciated. I was glad to learn more about Paulette, and I hope someday your family will find out more information as to her whereabouts. If you are interested in starting a thread on Paulette, I think that would be a good idea. My best wishes to you and your family.
    Last edited by Mullins; 05-07-2006 at 09:31 PM.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast