694 users online (101 members and 593 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

TN - Crab Orchard, Woman's body found, Oct'11 - Summer Nelms

UID woman found behind a BP station in Crab Orchard, TN. Body was found nude, discovered on 10/3. Has a tattoo on the calf of butterflies with dates in the wings (2000, 2001, 2005). Picture of tattoo at link, can't get it to copy to my computer.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/15...fy-womans-body
    Last edited by Salem; 10-08-2011 at 11:05 AM.
    They're certainly entitled to think that, and they're entitled to full respect for their opinions... but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself. The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience.- Atticus Finch

I have seen many tattoo's like that, a lot of mothers will get them and put the childs name and yr they were born.

However they didn't give a lot of details to go off of except the area and the tattoo.

It looks like there are names on the tattoo as well. Can't quite make them out though.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

One of the butterflies looks like it says Kerry 2001. Could be Kenny 2001.

Hate to say it but I wonder if three children lost their mother.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post

It looks like there are names on the tattoo as well. Can't quite make them out though.

It would help if they would release her vitals, as well as just the picture of the tattoo. I say this because there are some people that are described only as having multiple tattoos with no further description, or in some more conservative families, people have tattoos that the reporting party might not even know about. The tat is a good identifier, but telling us height, weight and hair color certainly wouldn't hurt, but none of the articles seem to have that info.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Identified!

The woman, whose body was discovered Tuesday in Crab Orchard, Tenn., has been identified as 35-year-old Summer Nicole Nelms, of Knoxville, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Kristin Helm said Friday in a news release. Investigators used her fingerprints to make the identification.

The truck driver, Alan Stacy Rogers, 32, of Pines, N.C., is being held without bond in a North Carolina jail, charged with first-degree murder, Helm said.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/...berland/?local

From the link in the previous post:

The tattoo depicted a string of flowers woven between three butterflies. The names written on the butterflies’ wings were those of Nelms’ children, McKenzie said.

How incredibly sad, now these children are without their mama.

I'm glad they caught the perp so quickly.

May Summer sleep peacefully and receive the justice she so deserves.

Prayers said for her family, children, an all those who knew and loved Summer.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by jwpmoyer View Post
    Identified!

The woman, whose body was discovered Tuesday in Crab Orchard, Tenn., has been identified as 35-year-old Summer Nicole Nelms, of Knoxville, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Kristin Helm said Friday in a news release. Investigators used her fingerprints to make the identification.

The truck driver, Alan Stacy Rogers, 32, of Pines, N.C., is being held without bond in a North Carolina jail, charged with first-degree murder, Helm said.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/...berland/?local
    from that link:

A photo sent to the media showing a tattoo on Nelms’ body helped lead to identification, authorities said.
    Rest In Peace, Summer.

Prayers for her children and rest of family, and friends.

From December 2011:

http://www.local8now.com/home/headli...135810753.html

The Cumberland County's Sheriff's Office says that Alan Rogers - the suspect in the murder of a Summer Nelms - was found dead at the county's justice center...

Rogers was found hanging in his cell and taken to a local hospital where he died a short time later.