GUILTY OK - Naomi Whitecrow, 2, beaten to death, Guthrie, 20 Jan 2009

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Logan County jury reaches a verdict in Amy Holder's child abuse trial
GUTHRIE — Jurors found an Edmond woman guilty of child abuse Monday in connection with the death of her 2-year-old foster child and recommended she pay a $5,000 fine but suggested no prison time. The district attorney had hoped for a stiffer punishment.

Amy Holder, 40, of Edmond, was convicted of abusing Naomi Whitecrow, who died after four months in foster care with Holder.
---
Wanada Redhat, 57, Naomi's great-aunt, said she was devastated by the recommended sentence.

“We couldn't believe it,” she said. “She (Holder) doesn't need to be taking care of any other children. She's a danger to children, and I wouldn't want any other child put in her care. She's likely to do it to another baby.”
---
much more at newsok.com link above

A medical examiner's report showed there were scrapes and bruises on Naomi's face, chest, back, legs, right buttock and head, as well as old and new scabs. An Indiana pathologist ruled the child died of blunt-force injury to the head, abdomen and extremities.

Read more: http://newsok.com/logan-county-jury...ild-abuse-trial/article/3610188#ixzz1ZwGgnFjy

no prison time - $5K only

and yet...

http://www.news9.com/story/11834626...ost-1-year-after-childs-death?redirected=true

The State Medical Examiner's Office originally ruled Naomi's cause of death as undetermined and did not suspect foul play. The OSBI later received a tip that the death was suspicious. Forensics experts were called in to investigate and determined the child died of blunt force injury to the head, abdomen and extremities.

This is just WRONG!

This photo by the previous foster mother shows a very healthy & happy Naomi.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-departme...article/3606733?custom_click=lead_story_title

A facility worker testified Thursday that Naomi seemed healthy when she was placed there. With only two incident reports of her smashing her finger and hitting her head on a water fountain, the woman said she seemed like a normal child.
Another worker who used to interact with Naomi said she didn't have a problem eating or walking.
“She would play with her little brother and put her face on his,” the worker said. “She was a sweet little girl.”

Humphreys testified that dealing with Holder was often difficult because of her demands. She said she tried to organize visits between Naomi and her biological mother, but Holder would always cancel the plans.

then just weeks before her death...

She testified that she only spent five minutes with Naomi at a Christmas party in December 2008, but noticed that her body language seemed distant.
“She kind of looked through me,” Humphreys said. “Her eyes looked hollow. She looked sad.”

How many times have we heard this...then nothing was done by those social workers paid to look out for a child's best interest?

Naomi Whitecrow was failed in life and it appears she will have no justice after her death. Write a check and it all goes away???

Not discounting the action - read: inaction - of the state in many other cases, but this may be the signal event of my time in Oklahoma in terms of sheer miscarriage of justice.

and yet...

http://www.news9.com/story/11834626...ost-1-year-after-childs-death?redirected=true

The State Medical Examiner's Office originally ruled Naomi's cause of death as undetermined and did not suspect foul play. The OSBI later received a tip that the death was suspicious. Forensics experts were called in to investigate and determined the child died of blunt force injury to the head, abdomen and extremities.

This is just WRONG!

I wish I could say something to this but for personal reasons I will state only that an autopsy is only as good as the person who performs it. Sometimes, human error has awful consequences.

I wish I could say something to this but for personal reasons I will state only that an autopsy is only as good as the person who performs it. Sometimes, human error has awful consequences.
And when we're talking OK ME's office, we're talking about a known dysfunctional unit. Fingers crossed that a new ME now on the job can reverse things. Not betting on it.

Today, I am ashamed to be an Oklahoma resident. This is just apalling. May God have mercy on all of those who have failed this little child.

I just read about this case today. This is absolutely horrible. How can you murder a child and get NO JAIL TIME?? This makes me sick. Here at Websleuths I hear posters all the time ask, "When are we going to start valuing our children?" The problem is not just the parents but society (the jury) and our judicial system doesn't seem to value them either. That poor baby.

In this article there are several family members who are protesting the sentence and speaking out for Naomi. I know I don't know the whole story but I wish they had been there for her while she was still alive.

http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor...use-death-20111102,0,1637025.story?hpt=ju_bn5

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back