MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
Continue here. I figured it was time for a new thread.
------------------------------------------------------------

An AMBER Alert was issued for 10-month-old Lisa Irwin on Tuesday, October 4th after she was abducted from her crib during the early morning hours. As of today (Thursday), no suspects have been identified, and the AMBER Alert has been canceled.

Lisa is 10 months old. She has blue eyes and blonde hair. She is 30 inches tall and weighs between 26 and 30 pounds. Lisa was last seen wearing purple shorts and a purple shirt with white kittens on it.

Lisa is described as having two bottom teeth, a small bug bite under her left ear, a beauty mark on her right outer thigh and currently has a cold with a cough.

Anyone with information is asked to call 9-1-1, your local police agency, or the Kansas City TIPS Hotline at 816-474-8477.

irwinl.png

Previous Threads:
-Thread 1-Thread 2
-Thread 3

Thanks Kaylynn!!

Re-posting time line

Lisa Irwin Timeline

Abducted by intruder through bedroom window. Far right window of house.

UPDATE—according to police spokesman window may not be correct.

3620 block of North Lister 64117

CORRECTION TO ABOVE GIVEN BY JEREMY IN PHONE INTERVIEW 10-6-2011

Lisa in bed at 7:30 p.m. Debbie in bed at 10:30 after checking on Lisa. 5 year old son slept with Debbie in parents room. Point of entry by abductor was unlocked front door, window mentioned earlier was NOT tampered with.

UPDATE 10-6-11 3 cell phones also taken. One does not even work. Also, dad came home to find front door unlocked, most of the lights on and front window open.

Jeremy Irwin, Lisa’s father, told local media that whoever took his daughter also took all three of their cell phones so they couldn’t call anybody, including 911.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/06/3190568/cell-phones-taken-along-with-missing.html#ixzz1a1QJj8XG

~one of the cell phones did not work.. all three were on the counter and she was in the midst of reprogramming them/putting numbers into them

~phones were gone

~she did not notice if anything else was taken.. all she cares about is that the baby was gone.

~she grabbed the boys and went out into the yard and flagged down LE when they pulled into the yard

~she said nothing else appeared to be missing but she does not know

(thank you NBM)

Other two sons asleep in different bedrooms. (sons are half brothers to Lisa-the mothers children from another relationship)

Father is electrician that works nights. Just started job on this night.--Jeremy

Mother is a SAHM--Debbie

Monday October 3, 2011 10:00 p.m. Last seen in crib wearing purple shorts and purple shirt with white kittens on it.

**Possibly seen by Mr. Parscale (a man that lives in the area) according to his wife Lisa around 12:00 a.m. Tuesday wearing only a diaper being carried by a male. Quote from Lisa--“He seen the guy act like he was going to go into a residence,” Parscale said, “but then my husband drove off so we’re thinking that maybe he was just doing that so that my husband would leave.”

**Parscale says her husband saw the man walking on a street perpendicular to North Lister, where Lisa Irwin lives with her parents and brothers.

Tuesday October 4, 2011 3:30 a.m. (first report stated it was 4:00 a.m.) Father returns home from work and discovered baby missing from crib.

UPDATE at 2:00 p.m. October 4 presser Capt. Steve Young speaking—Parents’ story has no holes. Looking into neighbor that possibly saw Lisa being carried by the male. No suspects other than neighbor sighting.

Tuesday October 4, 2011 approx. 7:00 p.m. amber alert cancelled. Lisa is considered a MISSING/ENDANGERED JUVENILE. Per police the alert has served it’s purpose. Police and dogs will search for a while into the night.

*** Tuesday night authorities searched a van and car at the home. There is no word on what police found or were looking for. Officers searching for the child focused on areas near the family's home such as railroad tracks near the north side of the Missouri River and a wooded area behind the home. http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-aut...rch-for-missing-baby-20111005,0,6273053.story

Tuesday 9:25 p.m.

Mass exodus of police from the command center. Looks like K-9's are finished searching for the night. Police search will continue in AM
by cliffjudy via twitter 9:25 P

**family stayed with relatives after being questioned until 10:30 p.m.

Wednesday October 5, 2011

9:00 a.m. press conference Capt. Steve Young speaking—basically no new information. Still searching with dogs, however there have been no hits. Parents not ruled out, but also not suspects. Very cooperative.

** KMBC's Jana Corrie: Children who were also inside the home at the time of the disappearance staying with neighbors

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1ZvPzisbv

**conflicting reports…unless the Grandparents are being referred to as “neighbors”

NBC Action News reporter Sloane Heller reports Lisa’s grandparents are watching the couple’s other children and have not been able to reach them since earlier Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_missouri/northland/police-ruling-nothing-out-in-search-for-lisa-irwin#ixzz1ZvXO4Yxz

Next news conference sometime this afternoon.

2:00 news conference—Jeremy spoke with Deborah (Bradley?) by his side. Begged for baby to be dropped off somewhere safe. The brothers are waiting to see their sister. Declined to take questions.

Again, Capt. Has no leads, not ruling out anything. 300 knocks and searches. 46 tips. No ransom note. Family is free to go where they would like. Family does not want to be at house.

**Alleged sighting of Lisa with a middle aged white male and female at a Love’s gas station in St. Joseph, MO I-29 and US HWY 169. Driving older model SUV. Article came out around 5:15 p.m. Surveillance video has been turned over to LE. Police say it doesn’t seem to be a major lead.

Thursday October 6, 2011

**Jeremy and Debbie provided LE with a list of 9 names of people that could be possible suspects.

**Per Debbie regarding cell phones and possible other missing items:

~one of the cell phones did not work.. all three were on the counter and she was in the midst of reprogramming them/putting numbers into them

~phones were gone

~she did not notice if anything else was taken.. all she cares about is that the baby was gone.

~she grabbed the boys and went out into the yard and flagged down LE when they pulled into the yard

~she said nothing else appeared to be missing but she does not know

(thank you NBM)

http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old

** police detectives are meeting early this morning to talk about where to search next.

**per Debbie, “Lisa is very sweet and will go to almost anybody.”

**per Jeremy, window was not tampered with, so perp (s) must have come in through unlocked front door.

**Lisa went to bed at 7:30 p.m. Debbie went to bed at 10:30 after checking on Lisa. 5 year old son slept with Debbie in parents room.

***Debbie and Jeremy have a heated discussion with LE before speeding off in police car to command center to find out about possible new lead. http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-lis...scussion-with-police-20111006,0,5671503.story

Wow am I the first one here??? Never done that before.

I think LE should also look at recent deaths of 10 to 12 month old girls (natural causes or accidental). Could be a mother who just lost her child and is looking for a replacement.

I think LE should also look at recent deaths of 10 to 12 month old girls (natural causes or accidental). Could be a mother who just lost her child and is looking for a replacement.
Yep.

"The typical profile of the abductor of an infant is a woman, usually an emotionally disturbed woman who has lost a child or wants a child for some reason," Ernie Allen, of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, told ABC News.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-baby-lisa-parents-cell-phones-abduction/story?id=14679914

Where are you baby Lisa? This case is another one that is absolutely breaking my heart. :(

It wouldn't have to be recent. I don't want to say much because with a thread moving this fast it could easily misconstrued as speculating on this case instead of a general observation, but I saw somebody on other forums fake a child online that seemed to be a "replacement" for a child she lost as a toddler. This was 15+ years later and her issues seemed to ramp up after some neurological issues. Honestly, at the time this went down elsewhere, there was talk about whether or not said poster had the potential to be dangerous offline (conclusion was that we had NO evidence that she could be) and what our responsibilties were in that regard.

I just watched the interview and if mom is acting she gets an academy award from me!

I know the lights are very bright but does Dad ever look up in this interview or any others??

The thing that is bothering the most is the unlocked front door. I dont know any mommie that doesnt lock the doors at bedtime when hubby is not home... Just in case

I can't imagine the agony of waiting and waiting for word on your child. I am praying, literally, for this baby girl. And her family.

I just watched the interview and if mom is acting she gets an academy award from me!

I know the lights are very bright but does Dad ever look up in this interview or any others??

I felt mom was genuine too. Dad seemed genuinely distraught, stone faced, "out of it". I got a little iffy towards then only because I couldn't figure out if he was trying to force tears to come....or if he was trying to hold back from crying.

Wow I did not hear about the cell phones missing until now. The really should look into who has been inside the house in the pass few months, and maybe interview friends, all the friends. This reminds of a lifetime movie, about a child being abducted from a shoe store, years later it turned out to be someone the mom had known. Now not sure if it was a true story or not, but anything is possible.

The thing that is bothering the most is the unlocked front door. I dont know any mommie that doesnt lock the doors at bedtime when hubby is not home... Just in case

I agree. Maybe when the perp(s)? left they didn't lock the door? I know that theory doesn't explain how they got in. Sigh.

This is all just heartbreaking.

I do. You would be surprised at the people who are completely unaware of the fact that bad things happen everywhere. :(

It was just stated on the news that there is a press conference scheduled for 5:00 PM.

Is Nancy Grace all over this yet?

AP update

Parents of missing baby 'scraping for anything' (Forbes/AP)
---
Her mother's cousin said Thursday that the family is "scraping for anything" as they try to think of anyone who recently looked at the child strangely or paid her extra attention.

Mike Lerette says the child's parents have compiled a list of more than a dozen names for police.
---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member