1071 users online (217 members and 854 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

NV - Las Vegas, 'John Sandstone Doe' WhtMale 970UMNV, 25-45, in cave, Jun'05

I am a lurker mostly and really appreciate the valuable sleuthing that goes on here. I was wondering if anyone had checked out this possible match. I know the date of death is off, but they frequently are with skeletal remains.
    I was just struck with the sketch and the looks.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/970umnv.html
    http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/ga...hp?A200300081S
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-25-2013 at 01:43 AM. Reason: picture size

kpdx is offline Jane Doe was discovered Aug. 14, 1977 outside of Everett WA
    seems like a possibility as the MP was going to a gun range the last time he was seen, but then again the height is way off. seems to me if you could link dental records you might really have something...wtg.

Thanks. The drawing seems so similar. He is 71 inches. 5' 11" and the estimate on the doe is 5 foot ten.

Hi lrose!

Eeeeek - this UID was found not far from where I live!!! Sure seems like someone went to a lot of trouble to hide him and it's unlikely he was killed where he was found.

The physicals are close enough. However, I have worked with the coroner's office here on a couple of cases and they are really on it. I can't imagine they haven't already looked at this possibility. I'm sure if you contact them, they'll know right off and will respond pretty quickly. They've always been very quick to reply to me and they always seem to be very thorough!

Go for it!

I think this looks like a very close match. Worth being checked out most definitely. The fact that the remains were found in a cave, partially hidden might cause the date of death to be more difficult to estimate.

thanks fairy for the info! I wondered about that, but the info I was looking at online said there was some confusion as to who was handling Mr. Perryman's disappearance and indicated that San Bernardino Sheriff's dept. was handling it. Plus the offset of dates might have precluded looking at. Do you think I should submit it to las vegas?

ok I sent off an email to the clark county contact. We shall see...

Quote Originally Posted by lrose View Post
    ok I sent off an email to the clark county contact. We shall see...
    Good call. Let us know what happens!

Thought I would post an update. I submitted the info to the Coroner and heard nothing back, so I also submitted the info to the doe network to handle since they have alot more experience in this. This was the answer to my email to the doe network.
    My name is Rocky and I am with The Doe Network. We received your suggested match. Thank you!

I checked our database and we do not show that these have been compared. So I will forward the possible match on to our match panel. on your behalf.

Thanks again,
    Rocky Wells
    The Doe Network

my follow up thank you.

Thank you for submitting this for review. From my research, most of the indoor gun ranges (where he said he was going) are located in the las vegas area. There is even an area near sunrise mt near where the doe was located, that was frequently used for shooting (not indoor). found one posting for him that said he had multiple piercings tongue ears and navel. If that is accurate it should include or eliminate him fairly quickly. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by lrose View Post
    Thought I would post an update. I submitted the info to the Coroner and heard nothing back, so I also submitted the info to the doe network to handle since they have alot more experience in this. This was the answer to my email to the doe network.
    My name is Rocky and I am with The Doe Network. We received your suggested match. Thank you!

I checked our database and we do not show that these have been compared. So I will forward the possible match on to our match panel. on your behalf.

Thanks again,
    Rocky Wells
    The Doe Network

my follow up thank you.

Thank you for submitting this for review. From my research, most of the indoor gun ranges (where he said he was going) are located in the las vegas area. There is even an area near sunrise mt near where the doe was located, that was frequently used for shooting (not indoor). found one posting for him that said he had multiple piercings tongue ears and navel. If that is accurate it should include or eliminate him fairly quickly. Thanks again.
    Did anything ever come of this?

Any new info? I'm a newbie to WS and mostly a lurker, but have been fascinated by the Clark County Coroner's website. I would think that it would be fairly easy to make a comparison by dental records, but my knowledge is learned from TV crime shows and not real life. I live in Vegas and hope to be able to see some of the unidentified at least given a name.

RE: James Lewis Perryman

I am James' mother. The coroners in Las Vegas and San Bernardino have obtained James' dental records from the Army. Sadly, to date, no match has been found.
    So, the search continues...
    Thank you all for your prayers and support!
    Faye

Welcome to Websleuths Rhodesotto

Have you been notified this is an official rule out based on dental comparison? Please let us know so we can 'rule out' this potential match and keep searching for answers on James disappearance.

We will keep praying for answers to James disappearance.

Cubby
    Last edited by Cubby; 04-27-2010 at 01:01 AM.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

This is the response I got from Rick Jones, Coroner Investigator of the LVMPD (sent to me last June) I have not heard anything from him since:

"We have ruled out by dental x-rays (thanks to David sending me a copy) on our John Sandstone Doe 05-5015 the person we first talked about. Additionally we found the skeletal remains of a John Cliff Shadows Doe 09-4932 this past weekend and we have ruled out James for this one also by dental records. I am still reviewing all of our cases to check for a match or rule out."

My DNA is now on the FBI's CODIS list for possible comparisons.

Faye

Faye, My heart goes out to you and my prayers for your son's recovery. I have lost a son and know how painful it is. God Bless you and your family. I will continue helping to search in any way I can.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast