SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
ball_shari.jpg

Shari Lynne Ball

Endangered Missing from Boca Raton, Florida since June 27, 1983

Age: 20 -- Height: 5'4" -- Weight: 100 lbs -- Hair Color: Blonde -- Eye Color: Hazel

Shari may use the last name Timmerman.

Shari was last seen in Boca Raton, Florida on June 27, 1983. She has never been heard from again. She may have traveled to New York. Few details are available.

FDLE

Charley Project

I live in orleans County, NY where they found Shari Lynn Ball...who went missing from Florida in 1983. What intriques me most about this case is i may have a possible suspect who killed her..
though unfortunately he is dead.! Christopher Wilder-the infamous spree killer who killed, abducted, tortured women fro California to New York. He committed suicide by cop in april 1984. I met this man in Lockport, ny, 2 days before he died. He lured women to meet him by claiming he was a professional photographer-free lance , who did modeling portfolios for aspring models. He stopped at my friends and miy yard sale in Lockport, ny-he was then on the run from FBI. He was then suspect in the disappearance of Elizabeth Kenyon of Coal Gables Florida, the former Beauty Queen-whose parents had a few Kenyon's variety stores in Lockport and wny area-and had a summer home in Lockport, ny. Christopher Wilder dated beth Kenyon, but she broke up with him. He even talked about her and her family when he stopped at my yard sale-and-gave us his business card! We didn't recognize him or who he was until we read of his suicide by cop killing in NH two days later.
I say all this becasue Wilder acted very familar with the WNY area. He was good friends of the Kenyon family while dating Elizabeth Kenyon and was at her parents home many times. He may be the one who contacted Shari Ball-in Florida-as he lived there at that time-and even offered to take her to NY for a modeling job.! Maybe not-but when i read she was lured by a modeling job offer-it sure sounded like the MO of Christopher Wilder-spree killer!

I live in orleans County, NY where they found Shari Lynn Ball...who went missing from Florida in 1983. What intriques me most about this case is i may have a possible suspect who killed her..
though unfortunately he is dead.! Christopher Wilder-the infamous spree killer who killed, abducted, tortured women fro California to New York. He committed suicide by cop in april 1984. I met this man in Lockport, ny, 2 days before he died. He lured women to meet him by claiming he was a professional photographer-free lance , who did modeling portfolios for aspring models. He stopped at my friends and miy yard sale in Lockport, ny-he was then on the run from FBI. He was then suspect in the disappearance of Elizabeth Kenyon of Coal Gables Florida, the former Beauty Queen-whose parents had a few Kenyon's variety stores in Lockport and wny area-and had a summer home in Lockport, ny. Christopher Wilder dated beth Kenyon, but she broke up with him. He even talked about her and her family when he stopped at my yard sale-and-gave us his business card! We didn't recognize him or who he was until we read of his suicide by cop killing in NH two days later.
I say all this becasue Wilder acted very familar with the WNY area. He was good friends of the Kenyon family while dating Elizabeth Kenyon and was at her parents home many times. He may be the one who contacted Shari Ball-in Florida-as he lived there at that time-and even offered to take her to NY for a modeling job.! Maybe not-but when i read she was lured by a modeling job offer-it sure sounded like the MO of Christopher Wilder-spree killer!

You may be on to something. I read this earlier.

Christopher Wilder, who became known as "The Beauty Queen Killer," killed several women during a spree of abduction, rape, and murder believed to have started in Florida in early 1984. The rampage ended with his death during a confrontation with state troopers in New Hampshire in April 1984.

Wilder, who lived in Boynton Beach, was known to have targeted aspiring models. One of his surviving victims was raped and stabbed in upstate New York, near the Finger Lakes.

"The name has been brought up, but we have no evidence as of yet to link this individual to this disappearance," Reyes said of Wilder.

http://touch.sun-sentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-80049166/

Hi!
I live in wny. Near the Shelby, n.y. swamp area where Shari Lynne Ball was found in end Oct. 1983. Through DNA databse-she was recently id'd by State Police. It hit our news here all over the media. !
It was estimated she'd been there since end of June or beginning of July 1983. She left Boyton Beach, Florida with a "friend" to pursue a modeling career in NY(which could mean anywhere-not just nyc!). She called boyfriend around 6/28 from a truck stop in Ashland, Va. that she was ok. that was last she was seen/heard from.
When i read about this case when she was id'd-i immediately said, "Christopher Wilder(infamous spree killer-who lived in Boyton Beach, fl), killed her!" This was his whole lure(then torture, rape/kill) for young women-a modeling portfolio/career.
I met and talked to Christopher Wilder at a yard sale my friend and i were having in Lockport, Ny. Lockport is birthplace and home of Elizabeth Kenyon, the former beauty queen and girlfriend/friend of Wilder's-who was last seen with him in '84 and then vanished-never found. Wilder knew Kenyon's parents well-they had a winter home in Florida and summer home in Lockport. They owned several Kenyon Variety Stores in wny area(including Lockport. I'd shopped there many times.

Anyway-Christopher Wilder stopped one very hot sunny day at my yard sale in 1983. Gave me and friend his business card, and then went on to pitch us both on his modeling portfolios! He even went to his car and brought back an album of his photos of "models" he'd done-one was Elizabeth Kenyon.
We found it a bit pecuilar, however, he was picching us at a yard sale-and something just didn't seem right. We declined his offers-and he went on. We had no idea who he was until April 13th, 1984 when our media went wild with news of his spree killing and subsequent suicide by cop in New Hampshire! it took my friend and i days to stop shaking-as we immediately recognized him as he man we'd talked to the year before.
When i saw the recent story about the id of Shari Lynne Ball, the year she disappeared and the circumstances of her coming up to NY to pursue a modeling career with this "friend' from Boynton beach-i knew it was Wilder.

I contacted the batavia State Police with my story and recently talked to the cold case detective assigned to the Shari Lynne Ball case. He told us that they believed it was Christopher wilder who killed Shari-but need proof he was in the wny area at that time she was killed.
One would think it'd be a slam dunk-as we talked to Wilder in 1983 at our yard sale. Problem is-we can't remember WHEN exactly in 1983 we had our yard sale. We advertised our yard sale-but only in retailer reader ads that aren't archived/saved. We remember it being in summer months-but that's all. Even our husbands couldn't help us there-and they remember us telling them about Wilder pitching us to be models! Sadly, in 31 years, memories are hazy at best.!
So frustrating! The challenge now is-how can we prove Wilder left Florida same time as Shari Lynne Ball, and was with her-up to WNY.
My feeling, she got on to his scam by time they were hitting our area and she fought hm and he killed her-maybe even before they hit wny area.
granted, Wilder is dead and so is Shari Lynne Ball, but it would be nice to give her the justice of naming Wilder as her killer!
Shari Lynne Ball's mom was notified of the id-by State Police here. She now lives in Tenessee. But she told State Police Shari never told her the name of the man who she left Florida with to pursue her modeling career. Al she knew was he lived i Boynton Beach.
So now, how do we prove Wilder was with Ball? Sadly, 31 years have passed before id'ing her and few are around State Police can talk to that may have seen them together from Florida to wny.! And, my friend and i can't definitely name a date in '83 when we talked to Wilder. For ahile we were puzzled bywhy Wilder would stop at our yard sale of all places. Then we did remember that a man down our street was selling cameras at his yard sle. Wilder was a camera fanatic-likely he wasdriving by and saw them-and the rest is history.

Hi! Just wanted you all to know i put up a Facebook page on this case under-: Who killed Shari Lynne Ball?
This woman traveled with her killer from Boynton Beach Florida through Ashland, Virgina, and up through Penn. and to the Western ny area-where her body was found. SOMEONE had to have seen her-and who she was with.! Sadly, at the time they found her body, she was a Jane Doe, she had nothing to identify her ad investigation for some reason came up with nothing in missing persons-likely because her mother thought she was on her own-and off to a modeling creer and didn't see her as missing until way to late to report her as such. So many have this happen.!

The Orleans County Library has old newspapers on microfilm. If they have the newspaper you advertised in, your ad should be on microfilm. They do have some of the "shoppers" archived.

Eta: try www.fultonhistory.com

Hi, I started a Facebook page(for any that have a Facebook account), on Shari Lynne Ball.
It's under: Who Killed Shari Lynne Ball?
I'd appreciate any insights, thoughts, comments.
I've been in touch with Shari's Mom Nancy Ball, as well as Bill Kenyon, jr.(whose sister, former Beauty Queen Beth Kenyon disappeared in March 1984-last seen with Christopher Wilder in Florida) her body has never been found. Bill feels Christopher Wilder also murdered Shari, as does Nancy Ball. But, to prove Wilder was with Shari, was the man she described as the "friend" who was taking her to NY to pursue a modeling career, is another matter. I met Wilder in early summer of 1983 in Lockport. But can't pin an exact date when, otherwise it'd prove Wilder was in NY(he lived in Boynton Beach, Fl.) same time as police feel Shari's body was dumped in WNY field.
Though Wilder is dead-and can't be prosecuted for any of the many women he murdered, at least naming Shari's killer-would bring a little closure to Shari's Mom.
I've been interviewed by our State Police here in wny-who handle cold cases, but i cannot remember an exact date in summer 1983 i talked to Wilder, to pin him to being up in WNY at time Shari disappeared.
Please visit my FB page! It would seem that someone else would've seen Wilder in WNY area in summer of 1983, besides me! But no one has ever come forward.

Hi, It seems Nancy Ball, Shari's Mom-has lost the interest in finding out who killed her daughter Shari, though the State Police cold case unit is still considering this an open case. Nancy feels Christopher Wilder killed her daughter, and now that he's dead-why pursue it?
Though not proved Wilder did-he's still high on suspect list.
I still am keeping up with the case on my own though and maintain a facebook page in case anyone wants to check it out!
FB page: Who Killed Shari Lynne Ball?
Thanks!

No-checked Library-retailer ads are never saved., that's how i advertised.

I found out some recent interesting info on Shari Lunne Ball-through another investigative website similar to this one: MJA-inc. investigations_I joined and talked about my frustrations in dealing with cold case detectives(SP Batavia)-who never respond to my emails/calls on a poosible tip/lead on Shari..I asked them why unlike websleuths and other websites like this-they didn't have her case profiled-especially after an id, like the id that happened also in wny on Tammy Jo Alexander. They had lots on Tammy-but nothing on Shari-i thought that was weird.
So-i got this response:
To: Shane Sia
Sent: Monday, February 2, 2015 2:52 AM
Subject: Shari Lynne Ball

2-1-15

Mja Inc Investigations

Our common practice is we post about the 87 cases we work on & about the cases
that we are consultants on any given case...

Mja has 42 members & each one has their favorite cases that we don't work on as
a company & so we post those cases...

During our research we find cases that has no activity & are sometimes forgotten..

So we post those cases to lite a spark under Police Agencies that are in charge of
the case..

As for Shari Lynne Ball : There is a lot that you don't know about the case that has
never been released to the public...

I myself have been under a gag order since the day she was reported Missing...

I lived in Indiana at the time...

In 2001 when Mja was founded our company was placed under a gag order not to
talk about Missing : Shari Lynne Ball..

Three of our staff members have been questioned by the New York State Police & the
Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office when the I.D. was made...

At that time our 3 staff members turned over the names of 7 possible suspects that we
had been investigating...

Two of those suspects names I gave to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office & to the FBI
the day after she was reported Missing...

I mainly talked to the FBI because of what I knew about the 2 suspects I knew Miss Ball was
taken across many state lines...

At that time the hunt was very intense because I knew that Miss Ball only had a few days to
live & the clock was ticking to find her alive...

The hunt for Miss Ball became more intense when she made contact with a friend a day or two
after she left Florida from a truck stop in Ashland, Va..

In 1983 video cams wasn't the state of art as they are today but the video was good enough to
see Miss Ball getting into a vehicle with a male subject when she left the truck stop...

In November 1983 I called the Police Agencies involved about the Jane Doe discovered in October..

I told them I thought the Jane Doe was Miss Ball because it was reported she was going to
New York state to begin a modeling career & that fit the M.O. of the 2 suspects I had in mind..(Note-here from Shane: I believe she's talking about Christopher Wilder and William Richard Bradford)..

Well nobody would listen & the Police case file was handed over from Detective to Detective...

So I was sounding like a broken record & my Investigative skills was put into question...

It wasn't until July 2006 when the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department released a compilation
of photos found in Serial Killer William Richard Bradford's apartment in the 1980s, depicting 54
different women in modelling poses...

Mja offered our services to the Detectives to help research & to help I.D. the girls in the Photo's
which the Detectives agreed...

Mja was very successful with some of identifications of the females in the photo's...

Since that time the Detectives have found more of Bradford's photo's...

In 2009 I asked the LA Detectives for a favor & that was to contact the Police Agencies about
Miss Ball & that from their experience with Mja they should listen to what we have to say...

It wasn't until late in 2012 that these LA Detectives & myself contacted the National Center for
Missing and Exploited Children about Miss Ball the investigation became alive again...

The break that came in October 2013 was from some of the Info we had given because the
State Police BCI,Orleans County District Attorney’s Office,& the National Center for Missing
and Exploited Children Investigators confirmed some of the Info...

That is the short version & that's really all I can tell you until the gag order is lifted & that wont
be until her Killer is identified & brought to Justice & that's even if the Killer is already dead..

That's the reasons our web-site hasn't posted anything about the case the gag order...

Once we are able to do that many people are going to be surprised including her Family & Friends
about the facts of the case...

Ok-so if this is true-why did other websites not get a gag order as well if this is an open cold case..it's certainly been discussed by other websites in detail-or does she mean they have details that no one has seen?
I don't quite understand the gag order-does anyone here? Why not release info-and gag order to public and see if they or websites like this one and mja can help solve Shari's case?

I got a message from a first cousin to Elizabeth Kenyon via a friend-she wants to talk to me about Shari Lynne Ball. I asked her that LE asked my help in trying to PROVE Wilder was in wny/Lockport, ny in end of June 1983-and that wouuld validate the exact date in 1983 when i talked to Wilder in Lockport. Main problem for me was rememering an exact date i had a conversation with Wilder at my yard sale in Lockport. Now, Beth kenyon's cousin may be able to help me nail down the date by verifying he was in wny/Lockport end of June 1983-which would likely prove he was the man who took Shari Lynne Ball up here to pursue he rmodeling career-and ended up dead in Shelby, NY. I think Shari was actually killed before they hit wny-as i think Wilder was on his way to see Beth kenyon/family in Lockport, NY-Beth visited her folks in summer at their summer home up here.

Hi, Gang-
I talked to Elizabeth Kenyon's first cousin recently. I'm still trying to establish that Christopher Wilder was in Western, NY in June/July 1983-around the time that Shari Lynne Ball was mudered and body left in Iroquois Nature Refuge in Shelby, NY-and to verify it was indeed around same time my friend and i talked to Christopher Wilder in summer of 1983 in Lockprt, NY. We never could remember the exact date of our yard sale and when Wilder stopped, but knew it was around that same time period. I was asked by cold case detectives to try in some way to get solid verification that Wilder was in WNY/Lockport area around time Shari was murdered and placed in field end of June-and i think i might have it. Elizabeth's first cousin talked to me over an hour and said she will speak to the Kenyon family about that date and Wilder being there in Lockport-seeing if they remember for sure he was there. I was told it's QUITE likely he was-as he and Beth Kenyon were still friends and Wilder did come up to see Beth-who was spending summers with her parents in WNY when she was off her teaching job in Florida. There was a Kenyon wedding/birth happening around the 4th july weekend-when i think we met Wilder-and likely Wilder may have been up to share in the Kenyon's family celebrations. Am waiting to hear back from Kenyon's on this. 31 years today Beth Kenyon was last seen with Christopher Wilder before she vanished forever. A painful day indeed for the Kenyon family. Both Beth's parents died in mid 90's-never knowing what happened to their daughter Beth.
If the Kenyon family does remember for sure Wilder was in WNY in June/July 1983-that would also place him as Shari Lynne Ball's killler.
I found that Beth Kenyon disappeared on March 5th after being seen with Wilder at a gas station in Coral Gables. She was headed for airport to fly to wny to see her family-as i now understand from Beth's cousin. On March 7th-2 daysa fter Beth's dosappearnace a girl came up missing on March 5th near Naples, Fl. found 3 days later in a canal, strangled/raped. Number one suspect: Wilder. I often wonder if Wilder may have placed Beth's body in that same canal!

Hi, It seems Nancy Ball, Shari's Mom-has lost the interest in finding out who killed her daughter Shari, though the State Police cold case unit is still considering this an open case. Nancy feels Christopher Wilder killed her daughter, and now that he's dead-why pursue it?
Though not proved Wilder did-he's still high on suspect list.
I still am keeping up with the case on my own though and maintain a facebook page in case anyone wants to check it out!
FB page: Who Killed Shari Lynne Ball?
Thanks!

I recently talked the a member of the Kenyon Family. A niece of Elizabeth Kenyon-the Florida Beauty Queen who vanished in March 1984 in Florida and was friends with Wilder and last seen with him. She has never been found.
They said they are going to talk to various memeber sof the family to see if anyone remembers Christopher Wilder being with the family-in Lockport, NY in June/July 1983-when Shari disappeared from Florida and approximate time she was murdered and body placed in field in Shelby, NY
There was ample reason i was told by this niece for Wilder to be in WNY in summer of "83. Wilder was still friends with Beth Kenyon and the family. The Kenyon's spent summers in WNY/Lockport-at their summer home. They had their stores in wny-and all family run. Beth Kenyon was a teacher in Florida, but spent her summers off from teaching at her parents home in Lockport, NY. At the time, Beth and Wilder were friends and Wilder also socialized with Kenyon family at their homes. Being this was late June/early July '83-Wilder would've had a reason to come up to WNY area-to see Beth/family.
I remembered meeting Wilder at my yard sale in Lockport, in early summer of '83-though we(my friend who had sale with me)couldn't remember exact date-i'm confident it was the long July 4th weekend-which, i'm told by a Kenyon family member-would make sense, as they had a wedding and a birth they were celebrating that time period-and Wilder might have been there invited by Beth to celebrate.
Right now-am waiting for family member to get back to me on that. It would verify if so-that Wilder was up in wny at time of Shari's disappearance/murder.!

Hi! It seems the cold case murder of Shari Lynn Ball is open again-it ws given to the Batavia/Genesee County Sheriff's Dept. cold case unit.
I have been contacted ny a radio news journalist wanting to do a story on unsolved cold cases in Genersee Cty-Shari being one of them. He wants to hear about my involvement with the case and why i think Christopher Wilder was responsible. He feels doing a feature story on radio on it might help revive this case again. I've had many young women contact me on Sharil Lynne Ball's Facebook page-stating they also had encounters with Wilder-as i did-
and barely survived. One girl said her Aunt was tortured by him, but managed to live-escape. She would not identify herself.
Though Wilder is dead and couldn't be brought to justice even if proved he killed Shari-at least her killer could be named. Let's hope and pray someday that will happen.!

On October 29, 1983, the body of Shari Lynne Ball was found by a hunter, several feet off the shoulder of State Route 63 in the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge, in the Town of Shelby, Orleans County. The victim was found in a severely decomposed state and is believed to have been there for several months.

https://www.nyspnews.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=57788

State police continue to investigate 1983 cold case of murdered Florida woman found in Orleans County

Shari-lynne-ball-photo1.jpg
Shari-Lynne-Ball-768x1024.jpg

A cold case involving a Florida woman found murdered 36 years ago in Orleans County is still being investigated by state police.

The body of a female was found Oct. 29, 1983, by a hunter off of Route 63 in the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge in Shelby.

The victim was found several feet off the shoulder of the roadway in a severely decomposed state, and state police believed she had been there for several months. In 1984, the Center of Human Identification made a facial reconstruction from the remains.

But the woman remained unidentified for nearly 30 more years.
---
Shari Lynne was also known to use the last name of Timmerman.

Anyone with information regarding the investigation is asked to contact the New York State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation in Batavia by calling (585) 344-6200. It’s asked that people refer to SJS #3032334.

The body was exhumed in October 2013 and DNA testing was done. The victim was identified as Shari L. Ball.

Shari Lynne Ball was reported missing by her family in June 1983 to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office in Florida. She had told her family that she was going to New York state with an unknown friend to pursue a modeling career.

State police continue to investigate 1983 cold case of murdered Florida woman found in Orleans County

NYS Police look for new leads in 1983 cold case
Cold Case Tuesday: Florida woman found dead in Orleans County – WBTA

I wonder if Shari Lynne Ball told anybody else about this trip to NY. Maybe some friend.

I wonder if Shari Lynne Ball told anybody else about this trip to NY. Maybe some friend.

She did. Her family and her boyfriend at that time new.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back