1187 users online (247 members and 940 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theforeigner View Post
    Just my opinion on this;

An intelligent, organized serial killer would NEVER EVER in a million years kill a potential victim if somthing went wrong and the potential victim ended up beeing on the phone with the police, AND there were several witnesses that knew that he, the SK, was the last "john" that this postetial victim had served and that the potential victims 911 call was started up at HIS own house.

Just wouldn´t happen IMHO.

Here are a cupple of quotes from newsreports concerning the profile of the Long Island Serial killer:

"authorities tell CBS News the presumed serial killer is likely white, between 25 and 40, intelligent and street-smart"

"The perpetrator is classified by serial-killer experts as an organized killer"
    Well, the profiles, the FBI gives to the media are not always the same ones, they really work with. So we have to see, what comes up there, if anything.
    The other question is, is SG connected to the GB4? It's hard to say it, till we have a body. If she was strangulated and wrapped in burlap, the answer would be clear, of course. But till then, we just don't know.
    One thing, modern profilers seem to forget all the time is, that MO and also degree of organization can change due to the phase in which the SK is and influences from his daily life. Ted Bundy had a relative high degree of organization in Washington (State) but in Utah, he went for a little time totally desorganized, regained control, changed MO back to strangulation and also to more organization. But later, after his escape from prison, he laid low for some weeks (which is organized behavior) only to explode then and attack the Sigma Chi house and another girl in another location. From that point on, he had changed basically in a pretty low organized killer of opportunity. And if Ted Bundy could, others can too.
    Sometimes, being a squirrel can be a real nutjob!

Quote Originally Posted by goathairjones View Post
    No Peter, I have absolutely no connection between him and the case. And I'm not even saying that he is a POI. All I'm saying is him or someone like him would be a perfect candidate. He works in LE. He is a reservist who had stints in Iraq and Afghanistan. He could have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. This could explain the quiet periods such as 2008 and this summer.

It's not just this guy. I am sure there are more of them out there that are very similar. I play a certain sport against cops on a regular basis and some of them are really pieces of S! They think that that badge entitles them to carte blanche to do whatever they want.
    GoathairJones, with this, you could be absolutely right. There are good and bad cops everywhere, I think. My personal experiences with US cops were good, but then, I am originally from Germany and that may explains a lower expectation in the first place.
    About the military angle, I wouldn't dismiss that. Joining the military at least enforces to face the own ability to kill, which also for an SK would be an important step in his psychological development. But as pointed out in my response to InspectorGadget, with 7% of SKs having military pasts (and even those connection is already pretty stretched by Castle and Hensley) and 12.7% veterans, it's rather under the statistical expectance. But then, if someone would catch a serial killing baker, it would be, as far as I know, only the second one, while the share of bakers in the population is much higher than 2 out of 320 millions. So, it can be, in general and especially LE had always a higher statistical quota of killers than the general population. But in this special case, all murders happened between June and September. A cop would be there all the time unless deployed. So, if there would be anything pop up, it would be possible, but right now, I don't see enough to go with.

Quote Originally Posted by SherlockHomes View Post
    Unless he HAD TO because she found corpses/torture chamber which in the case of Shannan its clear she knew the SK was going to kill her maybe she was right. And look, he's gotten away with it so far
    But killing in self-defense, and that would what the SK would have done in that case, doesn't establish IQ and organization in the first place. It would be an incident which doesn't enable anything to say about his attributes in this aspect.

Ah what would make the girls take no precautions when going out to work...the driver! Its been in our faces all along
    She had used Pak's driving services in the past. So to make this stick, you would have to find also an earlier connection between Pak and Brewer or one of the other victims. As of yet, SG and all around her exist kind of on an island.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowraiths View Post
    Speaking of Bindner, here are some excerpts from an old 2002 article that is no longer on the ABCNews site but has been cached on a couple of web sites ( link )

Vanished: Missing
    Girls Mystery
    Sympathetic Stranger or Suspect?
    Tim Bindner describes himself as a good Samaritan. (ABCNEWS.com)

Jan. 16 — Three days after 7-year-old Amber Swartz disappeared from her Pinole, Calif., yard in June 1988, a stranger came by to tell her mother that he had been searching the nearby woods for the little girl.

[...]

Five months later, another little girl, 9-year-old Michaela Garecht, disappeared in Hayward, a nearby town. Bindner showed up again, asking Michaela's mother if he could help find her daughter. Michaela had been abducted while buying candy with a friend, who heard a muffled cry and turned around to see her friend being kidnapped by a white male.

[...]

Birthday Greetings From a Stranger

Bindner's name surfaced again in the Nikki Campbell investigation. Months before Nikki disappeared, a worried couple in the same Fairfield neighborhood told police their 12-year-old daughter was getting odd mail, with the letters written backward so they could only be read in a mirror.

The person who had sent the letters was Bindner, a 43-year-old married man who worked at a sewage treatment plant. It turned out Bindner had been writing to lots of young girls, often sending birthday greetings.

[...]

'Accumulation of Coincidence'

[...]

Bindner once wrote a letter to law enforcement speculating that the next girl to disappear would be 9. Then, 9-year-old Michaela disappeared. On another occasion, Bindner sent a Christmas card to an FBI profiler with an image of a little girl holding up four fingers. Shortly after, 4-year-old Nikki disappeared.

Police bloodhounds also picked up Amber Swartz's scent at Angela Bugay's gravesite, which Bindner often visited. Police said dogs later picked up Nikki's scent at the gravesite.

[...]

Investigators in the Nikki Campbell case questioned Bindner, and named him a suspect in 1992. But bloodhound evidence is too unreliable to be presented in court, and prosecutors never found evidence to support criminal charges against Bindner. Next month, another man goes to trial on charges that he murdered Bugay.

Delivering Little Girls to Jesus

[...]

When she asked what he thought happened to the girls when they were taken, Goldston remembers him saying: "'Well, you know, one of them was sweet and shy and didn't say a thing, but the other went kicking and screaming.'" Then, she said, he added, "'I'm just guessing that that's what they would have said.'"

[...]

A Taunting Game?

Goldston said it seemed he was purposely toying with both investigators and reporters. "Whether he is the person who took the girls, I don't know," she said, "but I felt that he went out of his way to make me think that he had."

Kim Swartz, who had developed a bizarre friendship with Bindner at the urging of police, agreed that it seemed to be a game to Bindner.

"He was walking that fine line, knowing exactly where he can go with it," she said."I think he was getting off on taunting me and my family."

[...]

A Good Samaritan

Bindner refused to be interviewed on camera, but he agreed to speak with ABCNEWS off camera.

He said he was simply trying to help find the missing girls, and described himself as a good Samaritan. In fact, Bindner does have a record of helping others: He was given an award for heroism by the California Highway Patrol for assisting in the rescue efforts after the 1989 earthquake. He continues to insist that he had nothing to do with the girls' disappearances.

[...]

Philpin said that in some of the cases neither he, nor Swartz, nor any of the investigators have been able to rule Bindner in as a supsect or rule him out.

"It's a stalemate," said Philpin. "In the end, all the pieces of this particular puzzle just don't come together."
    There are quite a few folk, to include a few LE types, here in the bay area who remain convinced the guy is guilty as sin. And yet, here we are, going on nearly 30 years, some of the cases remain unsolved, and Bindner remains free as a bird.
    I take it, bring him in and play during the interrogation in his fantasy would be called "entrapment" by defense attorneys?

Maybe when Shannan asked JB if he'd ever had a tranny before, its because she realized Michael Pak was involved with the death of the male tranny...or JB is trying to avert suspicion to Pak but making up this conversation but the convo suggests Shannan knew something

Maybe when Shannan asked JB if he'd ever had a tranny before, its because she realized Michael Pak was involved with the death of the male tranny...or JB is trying to avert suspicion to Pak but making up this conversation but the convo suggests Shannan knew something
    But Pak, the driver, is no tranny, isn't he? And Shannan obviously neither. So how we come to the tranny angle in the fist case. Only because of the Asian male in women's cloths.

It is interesting that the issue of Tim Bindner has been brought up during the LISK investigation. The story of the Fairfield PD and Timothy Bindner during the Nikki Campbell investigation serves as a cautionary tale for both Law Enforcement and concerned civilians.

Bindner was the "strongest" (and perhaps only) suspect in the abduction of Nikki and possibly involved in the abduction of other children. But there was no forensic evidence and the circumstantial evidence wasn't all that solid. He was all they had so they decided to “go forward" and crossed a legal "line". A campaign of "pressure" on Bindner culminated in the PD illegally tipping of the press that his house was about to be searched. They were hoping to get Bindner to make a mistake; perhaps try to destroy evidence, flee or perhaps get other people to come forwards with information. Instead, they found nothing and Bindner went public with the claim of harassment. He ended up being portrayed as a victim and won and Million $ settlement. The case was never solved.

It’s a good illustration of why LE withholds information. It is also a good illustration of why we, as "concerned civilians" should refrain from "naming POIs" as the Perp based on conjecture and speculation. There have been many situations where internet rumor and misinformation has caused serious problems for people who were later learned or, worse, never charged or cleared.

Still nothing new in this case? Geez.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat View Post
    Still nothing new in this case? Geez.
    The problem here is that many people on this board are assuming all the bodies to be the work of a single killer (and then try to pin it on JB or CPH). In reality the local LEOs (including Suffolk County District Attorney Tom Spota) have confirmed that they are looking for at least THREE different killers. JB was investigated and cleared last December. As the last known person to see SG alive he is obviously a prime suspect and would have been very thoroughly investigated. If he was cleared like he was then it means that there is absolutely no concrete evidence linking him to any of these murders or SG's disappearance.

Some of those bodies have been there along Ocean Parkway for as long as a decade. There isent much evidence to go on. I know for a fact that the Suffolk County Police and the New York State Police are doing all they can to solve these cases, they still have officers working the cases and the last I heard (over the summer) they still had leads to follow. Hopefully there will be a break soon, we are approaching the one year anniversary of the bodies being discovered.

There was a vigil today for Shannan Gilbert's 25th birthday. That's about it for anything new in reports.

Case archive album:
    http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...ers%20%20-NY-/
    Photos from various cases (click on left-column names on the main photobucket page...they are in alphabetical order) http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/

"LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall

There was a vigil today for Shannan Gilbert's 25th birthday. That's about it for anything new in reports.

Case archive album:
    http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...ers%20%20-NY-/
    Photos from various cases (click on left-column names on the main photobucket page...they are in alphabetical order) http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/

"LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall

http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...give-them-away

This sort of tool could be very useful for law enforcement investigations, such as in the case of the Long Island serial killer, who is being sought for the murders of at least four prostitutes and possibly others, since this killer used the online classified site Craigslist to contact victims, according to Hancock.
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

Quote Originally Posted by minazoe View Post
    Yep, only he was in prison in CT since 2007, so no way, he killed the last of the GB4. And he is a fetishist and sadist, not a dismemberer, so probably also no Manorville.

Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast