821 users online (85 members and 736 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kemo View Post
    In every large American city and many foreign cities, there is a "strip" where transvestites display their "wares" to men who are specifically seeking men dressed as women. There are probably on-line means for this kind of linking up as well. This scene is quite different from the normal Gay Community. There are a number of notorious "Boys' Towns" in the Far East where "ladyboys" ply their trade and support a significant "tourist industry".

The LI "Asian Male" had been missing several teeth including a front tooth. This would be extremely rare for an American of that age but not that unusual for someone from a poor village in Asia. My guess is that he was part of a "human trafficking" operation. Usually these involve women (didn't MP get in a little trouble over this) but it can also involve men. If there are any "strips" or on-line services that provide Asian Trani's, that might be the place to start. I would not expect a lot of co-operation with Law Enforcement however.
    Meth mouth...very common among users.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat View Post
    Meth mouth...very common among users.
    True! But if he entered the US by way of human trafficking, it is possible that he lost the front tooth if he was too mouthy, or not submissive enough, or didn't do what someone wanted during a trick. How would anyone know anything about this person if he were brought into the US illegally?

I do agree that drugs run rampant in this profession, I just wonder why is he missing only the front tooth and two molars. Heck, I had four molars removed for braces. IDK much about meth mouth, but wouldn't there be more than one tooth affected by prolonged use?

wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

Might be nothing, but ... was going through crankycrankerson's album and came across this pic of JB's house. The car in the background caught my eye because Kim Raffo (one of the AC victims) was last been seen getting into a black Nissan Maxima. This may or may not be a Maxima, but sure looks like one to me:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...rewerHome2.jpg

[ame="http://www.google.ca/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=911&bih=434&q= %22nissan+maxima%22&gbv=2&oq=%22nissan+maxima%22&a q=f&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=4078l8934l0l9950l1 5l15l0l0l0l0l407l3165l0.5.9.0.1l15l0#hl=en&gbv=2&t bm=isch&sa=1&q=%22black+nissan+maxima%22&oq=%22bla ck+nissan+maxima%22&aq=f&aqi=g7g-m1g-S2&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=47389l49260l0l51786l6l6l0l0 l0l1l226l1033l0.4.2l6l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf. osb&fp=c3ce8b3eff4408b3&biw=911&bih=434"]"nissan maxima" - Google Search[/ame]

BTW, mucho thanks to cranky for such a fabulous resource !!

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    ... How would anyone know anything about this person if he were brought into the US illegally? ...
    <rsbm>

Hmmm ... maybe the Asian woman Pak brought into the country illegally wasn't really a woman after all.

hmmmm is right, very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by goathairjones View Post
    But I'm just trying to figure out how the body made it to Gilgo from Fire Island. I am thinking that someone must have taken a private boat from Cherry Grove to Oak Beach, loaded their car and then jumped on the Ocean Parkway for disposal.
    If you are truly familiar with the Great South Bay and the logistics of the barrier Island, why would you make such a suggestion?

For starters, if someone was going to use their private boat to dispose of a body from Cherry Grove on Fire Island, wouldn't it be much easier (and much less riskier) to simply dispose of the body on one of the dozens of grassy (as well as heavily wooded) deserted islands that clutter the bay? I mean seriously, someone approaching Oak Beach by boat would not have the slightest clue who could be on the shoreline waiting to discover them unload the body.

Then there is the whole issue about "loading their car and and jumping on the Ocean Parkway". Most of the visitors to the residential parts of Fire Island arrive there by ferry (which puts their cars at the ferry terminals on the mainland). How does someone arrange to have their car transported to Oak Beach from Bay Shore, Sayville or Patchogue? Even if they did, what do they do with their boat while they are out disposing of the body on the Parkway?

Wouldn't it be easier to just drive the boat around to the Hemlock Cove/Cedar Beach Marina area of the State Boat Channel and dump the body along the parkway from the water instead of from land?

Seems like an awful lot of trouble and risk taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaslug44 View Post
    If you are truly familiar with the Great South Bay and the logistics of the barrier Island, why would you make such a suggestion?

For starters, if someone was going to use their private boat to dispose of a body from Cherry Grove on Fire Island, wouldn't it be much easier (and much less riskier) to simply dispose of the body on one of the dozens of grassy (as well as heavily wooded) deserted islands that clutter the bay? I mean seriously, someone approaching Oak Beach by boat would not have the slightest clue who could be on the shoreline waiting to discover them unload the body.

Then there is the whole issue about "loading their car and and jumping on the Ocean Parkway". Most of the visitors to the residential parts of Fire Island arrive there by ferry (which puts their cars at the ferry terminals on the mainland). How does someone arrange to have their car transported to Oak Beach from Bay Shore, Sayville or Patchogue? Even if they did, what do they do with their boat while they are out disposing of the body on the Parkway?

Wouldn't it be easier to just drive the boat around to the Hemlock Cove/Cedar Beach Marina area of the State Boat Channel and dump the body along the parkway from the water instead of from land?

Seems like an awful lot of trouble and risk taking.
    Seaslug, I was insinuating that the killer lived in Oak Beach, took his own boat to Cherry Grove, picked up the Asian cross-dresser, killed him put him into his boat, took him back to Oak Beach, loaded him into his car and then dumped him off the Ocean Parkway east of Gilgo.

Just speculation on my part. Just trying to think of ways for a body to get from Cherry Grove to Gilgo.

It would be very easy to load a 100 pound body into a boat. Put it in one of those large fishing coolers and nobody would be the wiser. I have a 32' Albin and I am constantly loading and unloading my boat with that big fishing cooler. And nobody ever asks me whats in there.

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    True! But if he entered the US by way of human trafficking, it is possible that he lost the front tooth if he was too mouthy, or not submissive enough, or didn't do what someone wanted during a trick. How would anyone know anything about this person if he were brought into the US illegally?

I do agree that drugs run rampant in this profession, I just wonder why is he missing only the front tooth and two molars. Heck, I had four molars removed for braces. IDK much about meth mouth, but wouldn't there be more than one tooth affected by prolonged use?

wm
    WM,

I'm an ER nurse and used to see a lot of meth addicts complaining of dental issues from their chronic use. Typically chronic use would cause dental "caries" that affect all the teeth. It causes the teeth to decay. It wouldn't just affect 3 teeth in the whole persons mouth. Its incredibly unsightly and looks painful.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12271905

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meth_mouth"]Meth mouth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post
    Thanks for the video Seaslug ... it looks a bit different from what i'm recalling, but is most likely the same one. This one that you have provided seems to have much more clarity, and I don't see anything that looks like a sheet.
    You are very welcome. Here is another link for those who missed it. Notice the lack of any noticeable burlap. I still think the skeleton looks strane like it's fake.

Also, one very important clue can be seen here- notice how close to the side of the road the body was dumped?

Someone easily could have driven right up to that location. When they stated the number of feet from the road the bodies were found they failed to mention that the first ten to twenty feet was the grassy curbside. To me, I consider this body as being dumped only two or three feet from the roadside (big difference).

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop...URY8kHy8&gl=US

Quote Originally Posted by turanna25 View Post
    WM,

I'm an ER nurse and used to see a lot of meth addicts complaining of dental issues from their chronic use. Typically chronic use would cause dental "caries" that affect all the teeth. It causes the teeth to decay. It wouldn't just affect 3 teeth in the whole persons mouth. Its incredibly unsightly and looks painful.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12271905

Meth mouth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Right. But individual teeth don't fall out at the same rate. I've seen a number of cases of meth mouth where there is a mouthful of decay, but often with only a few teeth missing. And for some reason, it seems like the front teeth are usually the first to go.

JMO
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

Meth is not really that common here on Long Island. The big drugs here are heroin, cocaine, marijuana, and abuse of illegally obtained prescription medication.

I also believe the Asian male was likely an illegal immigrant. We have a very large number of illegal immigrants out here and in the city ... and not just Hispanics. Unfortunately the immigrant community (legal and illegal) in the heavily Asian parts of Queens are not exactly open with law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by WI1987 View Post
    Meth is not really that common here on Long Island. The big drugs here are heroin, cocaine, marijuana, and abuse of illegally obtained prescription medication.

I also believe the Asian male was likely an illegal immigrant. We have a very large number of illegal immigrants out here and in the city ... and not just Hispanics. Unfortunately the immigrant community (legal and illegal) in the heavily Asian parts of Queens are not exactly open with law enforcement.
    Hi WI1987,

I would love to know if you have any insight on JB. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat View Post
    And for some reason, it seems like the front teeth are usually the first to go.

JMO
    Often after getting smacked in the mouth for stealing something off of someone. Although other drugs don't decay your teeth like meth does so rapidly and severly I've seen even heroin addicts missing a front tooth or two. You don't take care of yourself and mess with nasty people you're liable to miss a tooth.

A bit back someone asked where five to ten years ago would someone find a TV Asian prostitute. It'd be as easy as looking in the back of an alt-weekly newspaper or just knowing where to look period. If we have it where I'm from and Boston has it no doubt NY sure does and did. Not to mention the involvement of Asian gangs. Drugs, and prostitution are rampant.

I feel very sad for the young Asian man.

Quote Originally Posted by inspctrgadget View Post
    OK, I like where you're going with this, Watchman. So where does someone even find a transvestite 5-10 years ago?

If you're right about the connection, it's possible that the M.O. in this case was either Craigslist or AOL chat rooms (I'm saying AOL because it used to be called "GAY-OL" referring to the gay community that used the chat rooms to hook up). AOL was really popular 10 years ago, maybe even more than Craigslist for the alternative lifestyle crowd.

Ever since I heard that the victim was a man in woman's clothing, I assumed that what happened was someone tried hooking up with a transvestite and got totally freaked out and bashed their head in. There could definitely be a religious connection too in addition to a sexual orientation issue (i.e., a Catholic raised with the strong fear of going to hell, etc.). Maybe that's why now they kill fornicating "whores".

I'd say the biggest, closest "alternative lifestyle" Asian population in Brooklyn or Queens, which is likely (IMO) where this victim came from.
    From the little, we heard about the phone calls made to Melissa Barthelmy's sister, the killer used rants like Melissa was a whore and her way of life brought her to hell and threatened the sister it would be the same for her. I don't know how far I can trust those bits and pieces from the media reports, but if, then the male Asian would fit exactly in this picture, because the hell reference has also a clear religious aspect. Religion combined with suppressed sexuality or suppressed parts of it can have such effects.
    Sometimes, being a squirrel can be a real nutjob!

Quote Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post
    Might be nothing, but ... was going through crankycrankerson's album and came across this pic of JB's house. The car in the background caught my eye because Kim Raffo (one of the AC victims) was last been seen getting into a black Nissan Maxima. This may or may not be a Maxima, but sure looks like one to me:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...rewerHome2.jpg

"nissan maxima" - Google Search

BTW, mucho thanks to cranky for such a fabulous resource !!
    Similiar shape, same color, but according to the logo on the trunk, it's a Chevy.
    Sometimes, being a squirrel can be a real nutjob!

Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast