Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

MO - AMBER ALERT: Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #7

Quote Originally Posted by marge_rita View Post
    I don't get it either. Check this out...now the FBI are back at the home and we learn 3 cell phones are missing.?!?!?!?! I'm extremely skeptical of the parents story.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...,7975319.story
    I have to say I am a little skeptical as well. They took a baby and the *cell phones*?

1. If I am going to kidnap a child, the LAST thing I want in my possession is a de facto tracking device. Cell phones, even if turned off, can give off pings and let LE know where they have been. Some even have gps.

2. If I have harmed my own child and had a cell phone with me when I was hiding the body, I would definitely want to be rid of the cell phone. I might even claim they were stolen by whoever took my child.

I really hope these parents are innocent and they get their precious little baby back. But this just looks hinky to me. Sorry.
    Justice is the constant and perpetual will to allot to every man his due. Domitus Ulpian

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gwenabob For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gwenabob View Post
    I have to say I am a little skeptical as well. They took a baby and the *cell phones*?

~snip~

I really hope these parents are innocent and they get their precious little baby back. But this just looks hinky to me. Sorry.
    Right there with you. It isn't out of the realm of possibility that a kidnapper might steal a phone as an easy way to get in touch with the family. But, the husband had just come home from work. I don't know too many people who pay for a phone that they can carry with them, then leave it at home. It would seem likely that the husband's phone came home with him. Of course I could be wrong, and I hope I am. But it does sound hinky.

"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler".

Albert Einstein

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”.

Mahatma Gandhi

Can someone repost the link to the news site with the interviews, vids, and pressers? I know it's here but omg you guys are moving so fast. I can barely keep up reading. I've decided sleep is optional because I've been catching up at night. Tia!
    "The greatest crimes do not arise from a want of feeling for others but from
    over-sensibility for ourselves and an over-indulgence to our own desires."
    ~~ Edmund Burke

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pocono Sleuther For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pocono Sleuther View Post
    Can someone repost the link to the news site with the interviews, vids, and pressers? I know it's here but omg you guys are moving so fast. I can barely keep up reading. I've decided sleep is optional because I've been catching up at night. Tia!

Well, here are a few...not sure if it's the ones you're thinking of.

http://www.fox4kc.com/videobeta/1276...er-Cooperating

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/new...#ixzz1a7YeLYOn

http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_...#ixzz1ZpbdtyLg

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shelby1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks, Shelby. I wonder if we can get these in a sticky?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to natsound For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by natsound View Post
    Thanks, Shelby. I wonder if we can get these in a sticky?

I'll put them at the top of the timeline.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shelby1 For This Useful Post:

I would have to keep reminding myself that LE's job here is not to work for the parents but to work for Lisa. It is impossible to put myself in the place of a parent with a missing child so it's hard to guess how I would really react under such horrific circumstances. Unfortunately, it is human nature to become defensive when facing accusations (whether they are valid or not). The fine line for me is whether a parent is more concerned about finding their child than explaining or defending themselves. I'm just guessing, but it is possible that is a test LE has to apply as well.

That is what disturbs me so much in cases when lawyers get involved with the parents. Their job is to represent the client - not the child. The goal is to defend - not find the missing child. I hope that doesn't happen here.

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Seaturtle For This Useful Post:

Yes! Thanks so much!
    "The greatest crimes do not arise from a want of feeling for others but from
    over-sensibility for ourselves and an over-indulgence to our own desires."
    ~~ Edmund Burke

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pocono Sleuther For This Useful Post:

Is the teen female or male?

Maybe the "WE" the mother was talking about was the teen??

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wendy101 For This Useful Post:

IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy101 View Post
    Is the teen female or male?

Maybe the "WE" the mother was talking about was the teen??
    I think I read that the neighbor was female?

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IrishMist For This Useful Post:

Did Casey take a polygraph? Pass or fail?? Just wondering.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Marah For This Useful Post:

I think I'm overdosing on WS - was just answering email and, after my friend made a very good point about this case, I looked for the "thanks" button. Gmail doesn't have one. Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    I think I'm overdosing on WS - was just answering email and, after my friend made a very good point about this case, I looked for the "thanks" button. Gmail doesn't have one. Good grief.

You've officially been sucked into this one.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    It's worse when you're having a face-to-face conversation with someone and you picture the perfect emoticon to insert...
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

I think the world would be a better place if there were more 'thanks' buttons around.

28. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to jacy For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast