1280 users online (262 members and 1018 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    I wonder if those cell phones were in the burning dumpster.My Hinky is still leading directly to the mother.Too many things happened that night.Father's first night shift.Door is left unlocked.The lights are on and the dumpster is burning.Who was over to visit with the mom? and what is she not telling.Now we hear about the teenager being there.Was that mentioned in the beginning and why not?

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Lisa had to have been taken away from the house on foot (carried) at least initially, why no scent? Are dogs not helpful when leading from the home of the missing? Too many scents to follow from daily activities? I guess I always count on dogs too much but there seems to be a lot that can't be determined. (I know there is always the right kind of dog, right kind of training debate...) Anyway, JMO.
    Perhaps the scents were people that were usual to the house. Not to get back into the 'DNA taken issue' but there may have been something found in a place where it may not have normally been. [I'll leave it right there for now]

http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
    https://www.tsu.co/JacieLin

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie Estes View Post
    Doesn't seem so; not exactly like watching paint dry but I did laugh a couple of times and wished we had audio.
    I believe the most recent article said they removed more items from the home. Hopefully a hard drive.

On media page on the second day a person by the name of MB posted a comment. I found it strange if this is her soon to be x husband if it was him to be posting and seemed to have knowledge of the case so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyConQueso View Post
    I have trying to keep up with this thread but have a few questions that I hope someone can answer for me

• Is there a military base within 100 miles of the Irwin household?
    • A few days back there was mention of a call made/received from one of the stolen phones after midnight. Has this been verified by LE?
    • Has anyone been verified as the person walking down the street with a baby that was seen by the neighbor?
    The only military base within 100 miles is Fort Leavenworth, which is approx 30 miles from the Irwin home.

There's also an air force base, but I'm not sure what the name of it is, which is located about the same distance (30 miles).

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Lisa had to have been taken away from the house on foot (carried) at least initially, why no scent? Are dogs not helpful when leading from the home of the missing? Too many scents to follow from daily activities? I guess I always count on dogs too much but there seems to be a lot that can't be determined. (I know there is always the right kind of dog, right kind of training debate...) Anyway, JMO.
    When we walk around, we are constantly shedding skin cells - that is what the dogs are sniffing. If she was carried out of the house in a duffel bag or wrapped in a freshly laundered blanket then maybe there just weren't enough skin cells for the the dogs to track. Also, the fact that she was freshly bathed might actually have hindered the dogs somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by chieftess View Post
    I don't really know anything about scent dogs, but where did they find the scent to follow? I thought normally it was clothing? Or were the dogs able to detect the scent from the window and follow it?
    For one everyone keeps mentioning if the baby was carried out a scent would not be able to be followed, however, remember...while hopes are to follow the scent of the child ...a stranger at the window scent could be picked up and followed...so why that didn't happen is another indicator that the person did not come in through or exit that window, in my opinion.

I just came in from working on the house to grab a coffee and FoxNews was saying they had metal detectors being used in the yard again today. Sorry no link at this time.
    Anything worth dewing, is worth dewing well!
    Proud parent of 3 rescued schnauzers

Quote Originally Posted by chieftess View Post
    I don't really know anything about scent dogs, but where did they find the scent to follow? I thought normally it was clothing? Or were the dogs able to detect the scent from the window and follow it?
    My understanding the scent was from the Little Tikes slide and the screen that had been pushed up. The dogs were able to track where the person had walked (along the houses) and also where the scent began/ended (car that would have been parked at the end of the block).

In Lisa's case, maybe the dogs didn't alert to a 'stranger scent'....because there was no stranger??

Quote Originally Posted by captivagrl View Post
    Someone did ask earlier today, but I missed the answer, who was the last non-family member to see Lisa? And when exactly was that? Did they really see her, or for instance assume she was asleep in her crib. Mom did state that she had a cold.
    On October 2nd, there was a birthday party for Lisa's older brother where numerous friends/extended family members were there, and saw Lisa.

You can see pictures from the birthday party here: http://www.kctv5.com/slideshow?widgetid=37993

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Good questions.

There's a KC-area military base: it's Richards-Gebaur AFB.

Neither the "call" nor the neighbor's sighting has been verified by LE, I don't think.
    We could add in Whiteman Air Force Base MO and stretch it for Fort Riley KS.

ETA Forbes Field Air Force Base Topeka KS

Quote Originally Posted by IAM View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

Is her maiden named Bradley or her married name? I hear her also being called Debra Netts? His and her body language is odd in this pic, her leaning strangely into him but looks as if reserved, him with his hands in his pockets...
    ..maiden name netz...married name bradley.
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....

I have trying to keep up with this thread but have a few questions that I hope someone can answer for me

• A few days back there was mention of a call made/received from one of the stolen phones after midnight. Has this been verified by LE?
    • Has anyone been verified as the person walking down the street with a baby that was seen by the neighbor?
    Your screen name is making me hungry.
    Man, could I stand some chile con queso right about now.

I think there is an Air Force base close, not sure.
    The call or text seems to be a rumor so far.
    Nothing came of the man carrying a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavanda Dolce View Post
    For one everyone keeps mentioning if the baby was carried out a scent would not be able to be followed, however, remember...while hopes are to follow the scent of the child ...a stranger at the window scent could be picked up and followed...so why that didn't happen is another indicator that the person did not come in through or exit that window, in my opinion.

Or, it could be an indicator that the scent was not from a stranger, but someone who belonged there.

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast