1196 users online (196 members and 1000 guests)  

Websleuths News

Former Weezer bassist dead at 40

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/09/showbi...x.html?npt=NP1

(CNN) -- Mikey Welsh, most famously known as the bassist for the rock band Weezer, died unexpectedly Saturday, according to the band. He was 40.

The cause of death was not immediately known.
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

A suspected overdose, according to Daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...rediction.html

In a bizarre twist, he apparently predicted his death on Twitter. A planned suicide?

Eerily he predicted the exact location and time of his own demise on Twitter, just weeks ago.

On September 26, he wrote: 'dreamt i died in chicago next weekend (heart attack in my sleep). need to write my will today.'
    Before adding: 'correction - the weekend after next.'

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    A suspected overdose, according to Daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...rediction.html

In a bizarre twist, he apparently predicted his death on Twitter. A planned suicide?
    My thought exactly - if not, what a strange dream and reality.

Isn't he the one who disappeared? IIR, Weezer had a band member who just up and left, and was reported missing. I may be getting the band confused, but I'm pretty sure it was Weezer.

Yes, this was the same guy.

Via Wikipedia:

Mikey Welsh left Weezer in 2001 for reasons that were left unclear to the public for several years after it happened. It was eventually revealed that he did in fact have a nervous breakdown due to drug use, undiagnosed mental conditions, and the constant wear of touring. The combination of these factors ultimately led Welsh to attempt suicide via drug overdose.[3] He was checked in to a psychiatric hospital sometime during August 2001.[14] He later spoke about the ordeal in an interview with the website Rock Salt Plum:

Basically, a lifetime of doing drugs and being undiagnosed as having disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, and borderline personality disorder finally caught up with me when I was 30 years old. At the beginning of a 3-month European tour with Weezer, I started slowly falling apart. Without getting too graphic, by the time the tour was winding up, my weight had gone down to about 140lbs (I'm 6'2") [63,5 kg - 1,88 m] and mentally completely wiped out. When I returned to the States, my family had made plans for me to see a psychiatrist in Boston. First though, we had to play a few dates around the U.S., and perform on The Tonite (sic) Show (which ended up being my last performance with Weezer). By the time I got to Boston, I was having a complete nervous breakdown. It ended with a severe suicide attempt (an overdose). I was found and rushed to the hospital where I had come to within minutes of my heart completely stopping. I was in a coma for a few days, and woke up in a lockdown psychiatric ward.

—Mikey Welsh, Feb. 2007 Rock Salt Plum Interview[3]

That dream wasn't a dream.
    Last edited by youshouldveknown; 10-14-2011 at 11:30 AM.
    nothing seems black when i see your red shoes

~RIP Mikey~
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."