KY KY - Wickliffe, MS River, WhtMale 45-65, UP5270, scars, Sz11W Clark's shoes, jeans, May'09

webrocket

Reaction score
I did not see a thread for this UID.

White male, 45-65, 6'2", 230 lbs found floating in the Mississippi River near the town of Wickliffe KY. body had been in the water for "months" supposedly.

hair was described as salt and pepper with male pattern baldness, with a salt and pepper beard.

there were a variety of surgical scars on the deceased's lower extremities.

twelve rule outs:

Mark Folz 1953 Minnesota
Edward Christensen 1950 New York
Steven Condon 1960 Arizona
Michael Kleiman 1949 New York
George Miles 1927 Maryland
William Moldt 1957 Florida
Kenneth Ringle 1949 Indiana
William Schmidbauer 1943 New Jersey
Nam Simran Khalsa 1976 Florida
Charles Springer 1939 Maine
Michael Tapley 1956 Arizona
Todd Woods 1966 Michigan

https://identifyus.org/cases/5270

this missing man caught my attention, Randy Lewis McKenzie, missing from Lonoke County Arkansas on March 28, 2009. Randy was 46 y.o., 6'3", 230 lbs, had brown hair and eyes.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mckenzie_randy.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/8689/1/

judging by his photo, he certainly had the male pattern baldness and there is some grey in his beard. not sure how recent that photo was and if it became greyer since the photo was taken.

no references to any scars on Randy but he was a former marine so perhaps he had a few battle scars that were not specified.

In the photo, his hair looks dyed. So if he let it go a month or two without dying it, it probably would have reverted to its natural grey (or greyish).

Looks like a good possible to me.

while I was at it I submitted this one to both Dr. Amy Burrows-Beckham and the Ballard County Coroner's Office.

the email to the coroner's office came back. address in Namus is no good.

Wickliffe is fairly close to me...I don't remember this but I will try to check some of the local papers for more info.

The number for the coroner is (270) 665-5819 and is in La Center, Kentucky according to the phone book.

Pretty sure they're not from Arkansas. They pretty much have to be from somewhere upstream, like MO, IL, IA or even MN if he floated that far.
Ballard County is at the confluence of the Ohio/Mississippi Rivers.
If he floated down the Ohio, he's likely from IL, IN, OH or KY. If he entered the Ohio further upstream, he would likely have been snagged by something or discovered before he got to the Mississippi.

Pretty sure they're not from Arkansas. They pretty much have to be from somewhere upstream, like MO, IL, IA or even MN if he floated that far.
Ballard County is at the confluence of the Ohio/Mississippi Rivers.
If he floated down the Ohio, he's likely from IL, IN, OH or KY. If he entered the Ohio further upstream, he would likely have been snagged by something or discovered before he got to the Mississippi.

Assuming it is McKenzie, I'm sure he did not float upstream.

he left in his car which has never been found (I should say there was no mention of his vehicle being recovered). he could have driven the car anywhere including into water.

got a very nice reply from Amy Burrows-Beckham:

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your inquiry on these cases. I have looked at both case files on Namus and I am afraid I can’t make an ID or exclusion since dental records or DNA are not available for Mr. McKenzie. Hopefully one day his dental records will be entered and we can compare them to the unidentified man’s records; he had extensive dental work done, so the comparison may be fairly easy. I will keep Mr. McKenzie’s information in my case file on the unidentified.

Thanks again for your work on these cases!

Amy Burrows-Beckham

at least we know the UID had significant dental work done.

probably not McKenzie. his Namus page says he has been found, dead or alive is unknown.

New rule out list:

Mark Folz 1953 Minnesota
Edward Christensen 1950 New York
Steven Condon 1960 Arizona
Harvey Kays 1940 Kentucky
Michael Kleiman 1949 New York
George Miles 1927 Maryland
Albert Mitchell 1939 Kentucky
William Moldt 1957 Florida
Kenneth Ringle 1949 Indiana
Bradley Ross 1956 Kentucky
William Schmidbauer 1943 New Jersey
Nam Simran Khalsa 1976 Florida
Charles Springer 1939 Maine
Michael Tapley 1956 Arizona
Todd Woods 1966 Michigan

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP5270
Male, White / Caucasian
22296AAA-55A6-4FEF-9811-5EDE060E98E2.jpeg
A470F1EC-3D7B-48FD-9757-FD700FC4E32E.jpeg 5181900E-5837-4700-A4DB-236230B76C89.jpeg
Shoes, Amalgams in 13,14,15,18,19,20; Amalgams in 2.3.4.30.31
Date Body Found: May 21, 2009
Location Found: Wickliffe, Kentucky
Estimated Age: Adult - Pre 70; 45-65

Estimated Year of Death: 2008-2009
Estimated PMI: Months
Measured Height: 6' 2"(74 inches)
Measured Weight: 230 lbs

Hair Color: Gray or Partially Gray; salt and pepper gray, 6 inches long in back, male pattern baldness.
Facial Hair: Beard and mustache; Salt and pepper color.
Eye Color: Unknown
Piercing: Right ear. Left ear not recovered.
Scar/mark: Scar on right hip. Scars on both legs. L-shaped scar on right ankle. Z-shaped scar on right knee. Triple in-line puncture wounds indicate traction device likely placed on left lower leg and right thigh.

Clothing:
Light blue Wrangler jeans over gray sweatpants. White briefs. Brown shoes.
Footwear: Brown Clark's shoes, size 11 W

Circumstances of Recovery:
Found floating in the Mississippi River near the town of Wickliffe.
4E089F21-B6F1-4F63-BD56-8FC7D18D0B11.jpeg

img

May 22, 2009. The Paducah Sun, Paducah, KY.
img

June 12, 2009. The Paducah Sun, Paducah, KY.

Refreshing the thread...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back