Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Wink

Grand juries are often used when LE has compelling evidence but lacks enough to convince a DE to go to trial...and they are used as investigative tools to get witnesses on the record. They are not only used by corrupt/publicity-seeking DAs (i.e., Duke lacross). They are tools in many serious cases by competent LE/DAY offices, such as in the Drew Oeterson/Stacy Peterson case...which was, IMO, hardly on the same level as the Duke lacross case. Grand juries can be tools. I have heard nothing about KC LE as of yet to think they would use this tool blindly or without cause.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rosiebean For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffy View Post
    Someone who works for the news agency, maybe? Perhaps, someone noticed something relevant during editing?
    They said the guy who saw a man with a baby did not want to go on camera. Wonder if they might have filmed some of him before he said that.

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MaciBean View Post
    Getting back in the loop. I was on a couple different news websites and cannot find a link for a grand jury. Could someone post a link? Thank you!!
    http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/new...-in-irwin-case
    "IT TAKES A LOT BIGGER MAN TO STAND UP AND ADMIT HIS MISTAKES THAN TO HIDE BEHIND A LIE"
    WHY WON'T ANYONE STAND UP FOR HALEIGH??!! WHY?? TELL THE TRUTH!!
    HALEIGH DESERVES IT!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twall For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
    Well, since this is quite plainly a "house of interest" now....what are the so called issues?

Does the brushy state attract unwelcome visitors? (for lack of all encompassing words - hobos or loadies, etc)
    Not even going there!

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to In da Middle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by curiositycat View Post
    Okay, take a look at this, this says that there is usually an arrest prior to a case going to a grand jury. Now maybe someone is about to get arrested? I am still confused, but what else is new???
    http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...how-29677.html
    Casey Anthony was arrested promptly after being indicted by the grand jury in Florida.

I would think that most of the time, they would go ahead and wait to make an arrest. Wouldn't you wait to see if it the grand jury votes to indict?
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tuffy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MissJames View Post
    Lord,luv a duck,how are you ,housemouse?

I hope you are wrong ,also. Scary stuff.

Do you think that LE is looking for someone like that on the tapes that were requested?
    We are doing fairly well. DH has been at Mayo clinic for several days of arcane tests, and he will be admitted there soon for a week to 10 days to see if they can get him stabilized.

It breaks my heart to think that the parents have lost baby Lisa. I find the mother believable, and the father seems very stoic, but he is probably doing his best to keep himself together for Deborah and the boys.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to housemouse For This Useful Post:

I served on a Federal Grand Jury for 3 years. We often heard new evidence in several ongoing investigations and the prosecutors were not near ready to ask for any indictments yet. They just wanted things on record as the investigation continued. It was really a fascinating process for me (SAHM) but hard on the peeps who had bosses getting mad. Sometimes we met once a month and some months several times. Federal Marshal had to be sent to one persons place of employment to explain that they could not fire person for service.
    Just my opinions (and I have been wrong before)!

pinkfly

14. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to pinkfly For This Useful Post:

http://www.ncsc.org/topics/jury/grand-juries/faq.aspx

Some useful links about Grand Jury and the Missouri Court System including Grand Jury

http://ago.mo.gov/publications/courtprocess.pdf

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to grandmaj For This Useful Post:

Purpose of a Grand Jury

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_th...f_a_grand_jury

"Hears charges of a person accused of a crime" ???? What charges? WHO? What crime???

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to IAM For This Useful Post:

also, being upset that the police accused me of doing harm to my baby would be the last thing on my mind.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iluvmua For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    Thank you. That is a very interesting video with the lady who's husband saw someone with a baby. I read in an article he did not want to go on camera. Wonder why he left it up to his wife to report it to the police or not?
    Are you thinking what I'm thinking, or am I just OVER thinking? Man sees guy with baby, tells his wife, but he doesn't want to call the police, so she does. Doesn't want to been seen on camera. Really camera shy? It just seems strange to me.

As to the teen, there may be nothing said about him (assuming it is a he) because he is a minor. Those things are not revealed when talking about a minor. Not until they are charged at least.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LadyPirate For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmua View Post
    I'm thinking they pretty much know what happened and who is recsponsible.
    I'm so sad right now. This will not have a good ending for this beautiful baby. They are not going to GJ w/ proof that Lisa is held captive somewhere or that she"s being well cared for by someone. imo

24. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to TobyWong* For This Useful Post:

Hi gang! Been reading on and off today, been packing for our big move! My thoughts on the teen...if there is anything for LE to go on they certainly are not going to release any info there for obvious reasons, unless they are 18 and over.

But I'm only on page 12 for tonight so I do have some catching up to do.

Where is Pumpkin Pie and why is she missing?

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
    Just a Guy, I have a very cynical view obviously. But it is related to my impression that LE are trying to get enough to arrest, but not HAVING enough to arrest.

In my view, cynicism is a very healthy state of mind.... And I'm somewhat sharing your cynicism re the LE in this case...although perhaps for different reasons.

I do think they'll crack this case.

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Just-a-Guy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by housemouse View Post
    We are doing fairly well. DH has been at Mayo clinic for several days of arcane tests, and he will be admitted there soon for a week to 10 days to see if they can get him stabilized.

It breaks my heart to think that the parents have lost baby Lisa. I find the mother believable, and the father seems very stoic, but he is probably doing his best to keep himself together for Deborah and the boys.
    Hope they can get your DH stabilized and help. I also find in couples that one stays strong to help make it easier on the other one.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to feistygurl For This Useful Post:

Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast