Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    Hello all,
    Never posted before but have to say this: I was raised by parents (now deceased) who got me under criminal circumstances. I have a "fake" birth certificate and only vague clues as to the date and YEAR of my actual birth. I was under a year, over 6 months old when I went to the adopted family, with 6 older siblings in the birth home. Everyone but my birth mom and adopted dad were told it was a legal adoption. My adopted dad had previously worked for the medical examiner in New Jersey and had access to the State Seal, which allowed him to forge a document in the 60s which became my BC. There were many ugly events during my childhood re my father and abuse of other children which were just coming to light when he died. (Whole different topic, wish I could verify what happened to those little girls)... Whenever I tell the whole sordid tale (which is RARE), the response is as confused as the posts here about what could and could not have been true, if my father was or was not a monster - which is why I throw this out there. I DO know people make curious and sometimes awful choices, and other people have countless reasons to at least believe that they believe them. When the facts are known, as horrific as those facts may be, all involved still have the choice to find a goodness and meaning in life. Maybe that just means, no matter where Lisa is, that tomorrow I just do one kindness I don't feel like doing, with her in mind...

Just saying, not a thing makes sense in how I was bought and sold, either. I am SO grateful to be alive, to have had good folks in my life who helped me find the good in the bad memories and events. I wish that for Lisa's brothers and everyone else...

Sorry so long and kinda O/T...just the point of view of a grown up black market baby

Quote Originally Posted by RT51 View Post
    jjenny,

True, he might work a 12 hr shift because he is working at night and they want the job done. Just at a loss. These things should be known, but maybe they are, and we just don't know. LE did say his alibi is good. I think DB needs to come forward and be honest with a timeline instead of only giving an answer when something is discovered. Then again, we don't know what was said to LE during all those hours of questioning.
    JI was quick to point out his alibi. I believe that is why he worked that shift - so he would have one.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HatesSociopaths For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by meetingsaramarshall View Post
    Hello all,
    Never posted before but have to say this: I was raised by parents (now deceased) who got me under criminal circumstances. I have a "fake" birth certificate and only vague clues as to the date and YEAR of my actual birth. I was under a year, over 6 months old when I went to the adopted family, with 6 older siblings in the birth home. Everyone but my birth mom and adopted dad were told it was a legal adoption. My adopted dad had previously worked for the medical examiner in New Jersey and had access to the State Seal, which allowed him to forge a document in the 60s which became my BC. There were many ugly events during my childhood re my father and abuse of other children which were just coming to light when he died. (Whole different topic, wish I could verify what happened to those little girls)... Whenever I tell the whole sordid tale (which is RARE), the response is as confused as the posts here about what could and could not have been true, if my father was or was not a monster - which is why I throw this out there. I DO know people make curious and sometimes awful choices, and other people have countless reasons to at least believe that they believe them. When the facts are known, as horrific as those facts may be, all involved still have the choice to find a goodness and meaning in life. Maybe that just means, no matter where Lisa is, that tomorrow I just do one kindness I don't feel like doing, with her in mind...

Just saying, not a thing makes sense in how I was bought and sold, either. I am SO grateful to be alive, to have had good folks in my life who helped me find the good in the bad memories and events. I wish that for Lisa's brothers and everyone else...

Sorry so long and kinda O/T...just the point of view of a grown up black market baby
    Thank you for sharing your life experience with us and welcome to the forum. Hope you will continue to post and give you insite to this confusing disappearance of this beautiful baby girl.

A parole review date is set for July 21, 2012 for Fred Howard Coffey.

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

Please write a letter on behalf of Amanda.

Suspect in the murders of:
    5 yr old Neely Smith, NC
    14 yr old Kathy Lynn Beatty, MD
    8 yr old Travis Shane King, VA

Possibly connected to the disappearances of:
    14 Yr old Tracy Anne King, PA
    11 yr old Sheila and 13 yr old Katherine Lyons, MD
    15 yr old Carolyn Majane, NJ

Write to:
    Chairman Charles L. Mann Sr.
    NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
    RE: Fred Howard Coffey, DOC# 0081135
    or send an email to parole@doc.state.nc.us
    http://justice4amanda.tripod.com/

5. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

Hello all,

So, your adoptive dad was told it was a legal adoption but yet he forged documents? This is an unbelievable story. Sorry.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MyBelle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MyBelle View Post
    So, your adoptive dad was told it was a legal adoption but yet he forged documents? This is an unbelievable story. Sorry.
    No, read it again. Everyone bar her adoptive dad and birth mother thought it was a legal adoption.

Everyone BUT my adopted dad and birth mom - as you bolded . See, it IS confusing. But true. See how easy it is to read something incorrectly when it is complicated? Exactly why I posted... I am grown now, I do not have a relative missing, and consider myself very lucky, yet it still hurts when I share something, am heard wrong, and accused of not telling the truth. It must be very painful for anyone involved in Lisa's life who is being honest and trying to help in any way, to have their integrity questioned....

Quote Originally Posted by Cappuccino View Post
    No, read it again. Everyone bar her adoptive dad and birth mother thought it was a legal adoption.
    Thank you. Catching that really means a lot to me

11. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to meetingsaramarshall For This Useful Post:

Everyone BUT my adopted dad and birth mom - as you bolded . See, it IS confusing. But true. See how easy it is to read something incorrectly when it is complicated? Exactly why I posted... I am grown now, I do not have a relative missing, and consider myself very lucky, yet it still hurts when I share something, am heard wrong, and accused of not telling the truth. It must be very painful for anyone involved in Lisa's life who is being honest and trying to help in any way, to have their integrity questioned....
    I'm sure you are right. Do you have any theories regarding Lisa? I believe she was either abducted or some kind of accident happened. I keep praying she was abducted and they will find her alive and well. It breaks my heart.

I do believe both her parents deeply love her and are hurting tremendously.
    moo

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

This is for Lisa..............Kenny Loggins Pooh Corner

http://youtu.be/zzW3rb57Ks0

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

I put up a poll thread on moms guilt or innocence [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151095"]Did Lisa's Mom do it? Poll - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SilkySifaka For This Useful Post:

Whoever the man was with mom, it is possible an accident occurred and Lisa became deceased. It is also possible mom passed out and the man then disappeared with Lisa. If mm didn't want to say he was there, she would claim kidnapping. Or she drank so much she maybe thought he left- (and perhaps he did, and returned).

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CarmelEyesD For This Useful Post:

I'm not ready to "Throw Momma off The Train". This is why. We don't know that she did anything wrong going to the store to get wine with a man. He could be a friend, neighbor, relative. Her husband was probably at home taking care of the children.

I don't know she got drunk that night.

I don't know if she had high-blood pressure which could cause a variance with the LDT. She has recently had a baby and she is overweight so it is possible that she does.

My son slept through hurricane Hugo and it was a big one with trees falling all around the house. Not to mention large hale, tremendous winds, rain, and everything in the yard being blown away. Wrought iron furniture even.

So it is possible that she slept through everything.

MOO

I'm going with innocent until proven guilty.

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
    Almost caught up.. Finally.. But have a question I'm desperate to know? Where and when did we find out that the alleged phone msg at 2:30am stated, "I'm ready when you are"?? This is first I've heard of this, anyone know where this detail was learned?? TIA
    thank you for asking. i have looking for an answer to this
    This is just my opinion.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to partyuv5 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieC View Post
    I'm sure you are right. Do you have any theories regarding Lisa? I believe she was either abducted or some kind of accident happened. I keep praying she was abducted and they will find her alive and well. It breaks my heart.

I do believe both her parents deeply love her and are hurting tremendously.
    moo
    Like most everyone seems to be, I'm sitting on that same fence (poor, poor fence!) - but I do believe, like you, that if she was not taken, whatever happened was a tragic accident, that she is loved, and whatever happened, her family is in so much pain...

I think this time is so difficult for the family - like waiting for medical test results to come back. In a surreal limbo of the unknown, unable to move in any definitive direction, wanting to do something but without knowledge to base decisions on...seems like life would be very mono-focused and one breath at a time.

Frustrating for all of us watching and waiting, too, knowing there are puzzle pieces others have and we don't. Just reading these posts I get sad for the people posting, and also grateful that it seems for every "bad" person doing "bad" things, there is a whole community of GOOD. And that's a help, you know?

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to meetingsaramarshall For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by partyuv5 View Post
    thank you for asking. i have looking for an answer to this
    It came from someone from Fox News. Not a reporter but someone who leaked it somehow. It has never been verified.

You can go to the timeline for this thread and find it there. It is considered a rumor.

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540