922 users online (144 members and 778 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 116 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Missing cell phones

What do you make of the missing cell phones?

Why would someone remove them from the house?

What was their motive?

Do you feel it points more towards an intruder or a family member?

What about the 2:38 phone call?

The cell phones here are significant in this case. There is something on those phones that someone doesn't want found. I'm on the fence about mom ever since I read about the phones where I was on her side before.
    Find those phones and I think it would crack this case wide open .....

They were prepaid phones right ?
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

naw, I think they were sitting on the bar & the perp saw easy $$$$ -- grabbed them on the way out (front door unlocking the door)
    ~ krimekat ~
    Live in Peace & Peace will live in you

++++++++++++
    Forum Information & Esoterica

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    hiding evidence (my two cents)

if a perp was smart enough to think to take them a perp would also be smart enough to LEAVE THEM.

them being missing is the whole key.. someone does not want them to be found.

MOO

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    hiding evidence (my two cents)

if a perp was smart enough to think to take them a perp would also be smart enough to LEAVE THEM.

them being missing is the whole key.. someone does not want them to be found.

MOO

Quote Originally Posted by krimekat View Post
    naw, I think they were sitting on the bar & the perp saw easy $$$$ -- grabbed them on the way out (front door unlocking the door)
    Cell phones can be traced, so what would the perp do with them?
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Cell phones can be traced, so what would the perp do with them?
    sell them at the pawn shop; happens all the time in StL
    ~ krimekat ~
    Live in Peace & Peace will live in you

++++++++++++
    Forum Information & Esoterica

Quote Originally Posted by krimekat View Post
    sell them at the pawn shop; happens all the time in StL
    Then police would have traced the phones.
    We have not heard anything about that.
    Just my opinion

Someone earlier in a thread reminded us of the people who were found in a tree-that was ALL over the news. I am sure there are very few people who didn't know about it. Perhaps the cell phones are in a tree? Dropped through a hole in the trunk, what would be the odds of finding them? Pinging away and unable to be found...Horrible thought to add on...what if Lisa had been disposed of that way too?

How many cell phones are in the mix here other than the one work cell phone that Jeremy had on him?

I thought there were 3 cell phones on the kitchen counter that are missing. Does anybody know?

What type of prepaid were the phones? I know of two type of "prepaid". There's the kind that is completely untraceable, where the phones can be picked up at any party store, and you buy a card to refill them, usually at some outrageous cost for minutes.

And then there's the type of prepaid that my and my bf use, where the phone is technically prepaid, as you have to buy a card and add it the phone at the start of the month. We don't get a bill, but our phones are still far from untraceable, since you can set up an account to refill from your credit card, without having to go to the store and buy a card, and you have to set up an account online with the phone provider to add airtime.

If they were the first kind, then yeah, they are pretty much untraceable, but if they were the second type, they are traceable and still prepaid.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by elepher50 View Post
    How many cell phones are in the mix here other than the one work cell phone that Jeremy had on him?

I thought there were 3 cell phones on the kitchen counter that are missing. Does anybody know?
    You were right on the other thread....3 cells

We only know that two of them belonged to DB....

Broken cell
    Cell from family to replace broken cell

If they've said who the third belongs to, I have missed it....but I think it belonged to JI.

As I stated on the other thread...I wonder if she didn't find something suspicious on his phone earlier in the day and took it from him to look at later. Maybe they had an argument earlier over the phone.

The police are looking for something in the woods and behind their house and the neighbor's houses. Seems to me it must be the cell phones. But why do they need them? Their phone records will tell the story - but phone records do not show the contents of a text message.

It was rumored somewhere, and I can't prove a thing or show a link, that the 2:30 call was a text. I only mention this because the only way, if true, that LE could know that, would be if the text came from JI's phone, because we know that one was confiscated from DB - or they've found one or all of the other phones.

I also think they may be looking for a SIMS card. I used to save things on my phone all the time, but I never realized I needed to save to my SIMS card in order to take the contacts, etc., with me when I changed phones. That card, if there is one in play, could render a lot of information. I don't know, however, if text messages can be saved to a SIMS card....anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by CarmelEyesD View Post
    Someone earlier in a thread reminded us of the people who were found in a tree-that was ALL over the news. I am sure there are very few people who didn't know about it. Perhaps the cell phones are in a tree? Dropped through a hole in the trunk, what would be the odds of finding them? Pinging away and unable to be found...Horrible thought to add on...what if Lisa had been disposed of that way too?
    There were people found in a tree? Who were the people found in the tree and when were they found?

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Then police would have traced the phones.
    We have not heard anything about that.
    Unless they illegally access them, or unless they are iphones, the pawn shop probably wouldn't be interested in them.

It would be pointless to find them if they were iphones anyway - all they'd have to do is fire up the computer and get the entire contents of the phone in their itunes.

Thing is, there was plenty of time to do whatever was done with those phones. I hope they checked the work site at Starbucks and any roll off dumpster that was being used.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
    The cell phones here are significant in this case. There is something on those phones that someone doesn't want found. I'm on the fence about mom ever since I read about the phones where I was on her side before.
    Find those phones and I think it would crack this case wide open .....

They were prepaid phones right ?
    Not sure if they were pre-paid phones....I've never head what type of phones they are.

Page 1 of 116 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast