FL - Jo, 36, Michelle, 17, & Christe Rogers, 14, slain, Tampa Bay, 1 June 1989

If Oba Chandler is actually executed on November 15th then without a doubt he'll be the worst executed criminal of 2011. I'm eagerly awaiting this! :)

This has been all over our local news. Willshire, OH is not far from here. People around here still talk about this horrible crime like it just happened. I'll be anxious to see what happens November 15. His last appeal was rejected.

Oba Chandler's last appeal rejected by Pinellas judge; next stop is Florida Supreme Court

LARGO — A Pinellas-Pasco circuit judge on Monday rejected convicted killer Oba Chandler's final appeal of his death sentence.
Chandler is still scheduled to be executed on Nov. 15 for the murders 22 years ago of Joan "Jo" Rogers, 36, and her daughters, Michelle, 17, and Christe, 14.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...y-pinellas-judge-next-stop-is-florida/1198335

From February 2014:

http://www.theledger.com/article/20140226/NEWS/140229352

Investigators' suspicions about other victims were confirmed this week as police in South Florida announced Chandler had been linked by his DNA to the killing of a 20-year-old Davie woman abducted in 1990.

Cold case detectives said DNA evidence in the killing of Ivelisse Berrios-Beguerisse, who was asphyxiated, was recently retested using more sophisticated techniques than were available in the 1990s and proved Chandler raped and killed her...

Berrios-Beguerisse did not return home from work after finishing her shift the night of Nov. 26, 1990. Her worried husband found her car in a mall parking lot and called police. His wife's nude body was found dumped in neighboring Coral Springs a few hours later.

I didn't realize we had a thread for this creep until today......what a horrible man and what a horrible crime. I read the book about this crime many, many years ago and it terrified me. I can't imagine what Joan and her girls went through and really don't want to think about it.

My heart always went out to Hal, Joan's husband and the girls' father, as he was under suspicion for a very long time and went through hell suffering terrible loneliness. The poor man stayed home to work on the farm while the three went off on a long overdue Vaca which sadly went wrong in the worst way possible. He seemed like an honest, hard working gentleman who suffered terribly through the loss of his family. I hope he has found peace after all this time.

I'm not surprised Oba was found to be the perp of another murder......I'm sure there were more innocent women who were murdered by this monster.

Thanks for the update OkieGranny!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back