Ashley Irwin - Family Spokesperson

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
This thread is to discuss Ashley's statements to media, and her role as the family spokesperson.

This is NOT an encouragement to sleuth her. I do not want to find posts about her college boyfriend or a speeding ticket from four years ago (examples only).

Thoughts and impressions of and about her actions as spokesperson are welcome as long as they are within TOS. As always there is no name calling, snark or baiting.

I personally am fascinated with her statements thus far. Let me explain. Although she has said nothing but complimentary things about Lisa's mom, Deborah, and she says it is inconceivable that either parent is involved, her entry into this role as spokesperson has seemed to divide the parents from LE. If that is a conscious move or tactic on her part, I must wonder why.

To put it another way, I am puzzled by the tact she has taken thus far as it seems to only further agitate the already tense relationship between LE and the parents of baby Lisa.

Thoughts?

My only thought -- they need to fire her and get someone who is capable of handling this situation. Nothing against her personally but they need a pro - not a rookie.

They definitely need to get rid of her which from the other post I think has already happened? I feel bad for Mom right now because I feel like AI's statements and that news article about the wine with an unidentified man have only made things worse in the public eye and/or with LE.

Darcyline, can you elaborate or link me to the post you are talking about? Thank you, the last I heard, Ashley had told media that her statements about LE "pinning" things onto the first available person were taken out of context. If she has been ousted as spokesperson, I would love to know that, as I agree with cj, who thinks that needs to happen ASAP.

Thanks.

I posted this earlier on another thread:

Assuming that Lisa is Jeremy's biological child, Ashley is technically the little girl's aunt. But, AI isn't DB's sister-in-law because her brother is not married to Lisa's mom. Did DB want AI to speak on her behalf, as well as that of Lisa's "father"? Or, is Ashley onboard more as a representative of her brother in this unfortunate situation? I'm not so sure that AI did either DB or her brother a lot of good by speaking on their behalf. jmo

There is an excellent post elsewhere about this topic. I will TRY to summarize - but forgive me for not being as eloquent.

Ashley was likened to the relative who fashions themselves as the 'expert' in everything, and eventually convinces the others that they really ARE the expert.

This girl is a paralegal, and possibly is in law school. What qualifies her to 'represent' this family is beyond me. Maybe she is (and this is the only way I can think of to phrase this- and I mean NO DISRESPECT) "the best they've got".

What has she said in the media that could be considered damaging? I am a little behind with the story.

What has she said in the media that could be considered damaging? I am a little behind with the story.
Ashley Irwin, told Good Morning America that the missing baby's mother, Deborah Bradley, was preparing to be arrested.

I like BetteDavisEyes's assessment that Ms. Irwin is more a spokesman for her brother than Deborah (who is married to another man, but got prego with her brother Jeremy's baby).

Her demeanor and facial expressions made it seem as if she were amused by getting back handed digs in at DB. My thought is that if she wants to have a career in the legal profession in the KCMO/KCK area she should play nicer with PD. Very unprofessional.

ETA: She is not helping the family persona in the media.

I don't think her talking did anything to help many's view of the family. JMO

It's several pages long, but the "family spokesperson" is discussed on this thread:

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151098"]Mother preparing to be arrested - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Egs,

More about Ms. Irwin:

Ashley Irwin, sister of Lisa Irwin's father Jeremy Irwin, told ABC's Good Morning America on Tuesday morning that it's clear that police don't have any leads, so they have to "pin it on somebody," and that she believes that "somebody" is Deborah Bradley, the child's mother.

She also told the program that she believes Bradley's arrest is "inevitable."

Ashley Irwin, told Good Morning America that the missing baby's mother, Deborah Bradley, was preparing to be arrested.

I like BetteDavisEyes's assessment that Ms. Irwin is more a spokesman for her brother than Deborah (who is married to another man, but got prego with her brother Jeremy's baby).

OT: PF, If I confess to being a Red Wings fan, you won't hit me with your best slap-shot, I hope :D

Big fail on the morning show appearance. And I thought she was great - dynamic, even - in addressing the press in the short statement the night LE said the parents had broken off communications. Must have gone to her head.

Big fail on the morning show appearance. And I thought she was great - dynamic, even - in addressing the press in the short statement the night LE said the parents had broken off communications. Must have gone to her head.

I think that's right. She was/is perhaps one of the more educated members of the family, and came out to help. Commendable. But she lacks the experience and seasoning to be an effective voice in such a high-pressure, high-profile, high-stakes situation. Not her fault. Not the family's fault. Just a simple truth. My guess is they don't have the funds to hire a big gun. And if they're smart, they're avoiding the champertous callers....

OT: PF, If I confess to being a Red Wings fan, you won't hit me with your best slap-shot, I hope :D
LOL

Crosby IS returning!

On topic, me thinks Ms. Irwin doesn't like Deborah or she would have controlled her mouth. I bet Deborah hopes the family gets a new spokesperson for sure!

Okay this post is for clarity. Early reports indicated a new family spokesperson named Bill would be making a statement on 10-11-11 around 9:45.

Then this guy name Bill Stanton came into the picture. He is not a family member but rather a self styled "celebrity" PI. This gentleman has worked for NBC in the past and perhaps still does.

Prior to going live with his statement, reporters could be heard talking in the background. The topic was who hired this rather colorful individual.

So to recap, this Bill is apparently not a family member, and may not even be a family spokesperson. He is a PI in NYC and minor TV personality.

This new development is being discussed here [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151200"]independent investigator- developing (hired by whom?) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member