Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: bill stanton~independent investigator hired by anonymous man and woman benefactors

Quote Originally Posted by Paige SC View Post
    Why would networks hire a media hoar PI? What investment or deal are they protecting? Honestly! This is getting cheesier by the minute...

Does anyone know of a stranger abduction where the victim was under the age of 1 year? A solved crime or a crime where there was a happy ending? The abductions referenced in earlier posts were all female between the ages of 6-12 I believe.. and they were committed by sexual predators. I can't think of any for a 10 month old altho Im sure it exists somewhere...
    Stranger abductions of infants happen. Carlina White is one. Found her mom 23 years later. According to this article, they are rare: http://www.thereporter.com/wirenews/ci_19075450

"The recovery rate for infants is very, very high. There is real hope here," added Ernie Allen, president of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in Arlington, Va.

But the experts acknowledge that investigators often focus on close relatives when a baby goes missing, in part because statistics show that far more infants and young children are killed by a parent than a stranger.

"Suspicion almost always falls heavily on the parents, especially when it's young kids," Finkelhor said. "Fifteen hundred parents kill their kids every year, and that's heavily focused on the under 1 year of age category."

Allen said his organization has handled 278 infant abduction cases during his nearly three decades with the group. Only 13 cases involved a stranger coming into a home and taking a baby, and all but one of those children were recovered unharmed.

Quote Originally Posted by curiositycat View Post
    I totally agree. I just don't understand why a major network is paying this guy? What's in it for them?
    Drama?
    For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
    Out of over 270 infant kidnappings since the 80's, only 12 were not returned home safe.

My baby brother Christopher is one of those 12. www.findchristopher.com. We have have searched for him for 25 years. His disappearance is eerily similiar to Lisa's. Both snatched from their crib in the middle of the night. My family hired private investigators shortly after Christopher's disappearance when it became apparent that LE wasn't investigating. Sadly after my parents spent thousands of dollars on PI's, they too didn't impress. They had never worked a missing child case before, yet alone a baby kidnapped from his crib. It was my Mom who became an amateur detective out of necessity, and the information she uncovered has lead to my brothers case being re-examined finally.

Quote Originally Posted by denalves View Post
    My baby brother Christopher is one of those 12. www.findchristopher.com. We have have searched for him for 25 years. His disappearance is eerily similiar to Lisa's. Both snatched from their crib in the middle of the night. My family hired private investigators shortly after Christopher's disappearance when it became apparent that LE wasn't investigating. Sadly after my parents spent thousands of dollars on PI's, they too didn't impress. They had never worked a missing child case before, yet alone a baby kidnapped from his crib. It was my Mom who became an amateur detective out of necessity, and the information she uncovered has lead to my brothers case being re-examined finally.
    Did LE suspect your family of being involved ? It must be a devastating experience to lose a baby in the middle of the night. I am so sorry.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

PeterAlexander Peter Alexander
    Bill Stanton says his private investigator services are being paid for by a "wealthy benefactor," close to #LisaIrwin family.

8 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Take it for what it's worth, he is an NBC correspondent

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Did LE suspect your family of being involved ? It must be a devastating experience to lose a baby in the middle of the night. I am so sorry.
    Absolutely they did. And they should look at the family in these types of cases. My Mom failed a polygraph also, and once she did LE formed a myopic view. It's hard to wrap your head around the fact that someone could come into your home in the middle of the night and the family didn't hear anything, the baby didn't wake up, neighbors didn't see anything, and so on. And on top of it my baby brothers crib was in my Parents room. I was 15 and slept in the next room over. The problem is that my brothers investigators didn't look beyond that and it hindered my brothers case from being solved. My Parents have devoted their lives to finding their son. We do have a suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaK View Post
    According to this article, the family asked him to help with the investigation:
    http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/new...e-investigator

OMG ... I just watched this video ...

This "investigator" is so "full of himself" ... what a big load of b...s...

MOO ...

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:

QVerity

Nima Shaffe
    @NimaKCTV5 Nima Shaffe
    #WildBill the owner of this firm: http://bit.ly/qF1peC His slogan, "Truth Matters." #findbabylisa #lisairwin
    10 minutes ago via bitly Favorite Retweet Reply

It is possible that he is there as part of this firm he is a partner with called QVerity. I'd say it is quite a team:

http://www.qverity.com/about/

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thepinkdragon For This Useful Post:

I wonder...do we know if this PI has ever worked a missing infant let alone a missing child case?

My first thought when I saw him begin to speak was...oh no, another Baez-full-of-himself-wannabe...maybe JI's sister wasn't so bad after all.

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to miabellamoure For This Useful Post:

This guy raises the hair on the back of my neck. I am sooo disappointed. First these poor children are helpless victims and then these jokers come along and exploit them all over again. Whether these parents are guilty or innocent I am so sorry they are trusting in media and media hounds instead of LE and a good attorney.

Just my perspective.

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to redfish For This Useful Post:

I just saw his pic and remember him from some tv shows; he WILL get his azz kicked in KCMO. Those boyz don't play.

http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives!

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing

17. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jacie Estes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    I can see this guy getting arrested. LOL LOL
    Me too.

For fashion infractions.

Oops.

19. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Dum-Dum Sucker For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by denalves View Post
    Wow. I visited your brother's website. I am so sorry for you and your entire family. Sleuthers should note that while your mom failed a polygraph, she had been heavily medicated from the trauma at the time she took the test.

Also, your family had been stalked for some time, by a crazy woman who had also stalked another man before, breaking into his house, taking pictures and camping outside his kids' school.

This woman, Emma Manzanares Bradshaw, has refused to take a poly and was hospitalized in the past, several times.

Do you guys know where she is? Have you been able to determine whether she has or had any other kids with her at any time since your brother disappeared besides the son mentioned in the website? Has her adult son been ruled out definitively as your brother?

Wow. Your brother's case is a lesson to me to not jump to conclusions. The polygraph thing makes sense. I will have to take a step back on baby's Lisa's case and just wait and see.

BTW, there was a another case recently in which a missing girl's parents failed polygraphs - Breann Rodriguez. She was found dead and a neighbor arrested and charged with her murder. http://abcnews.go.com/US/breeann-rod...ry?id=14289852

Quote Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post

MOO ...
    He does seem a bit arrogant. I wonder if some of that is nerves, though. Nerves can make a person seem that way. I'm good at spotting hidden nerves and I saw some hard swallowing going on. But I don't know. If he's known and used to being public, then he's likely not nervous a bit. I've never heard of him before.

I also note that the family standing behind him looks absolutely devastated. Didn't see Lisa's parents, though.

Where are you baby?

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

Bringing this over from the other thread, because I meant to post it here....

I hope the PI gives us some answers by tracking things like the homeless guy or handyman, who is now absent from the neighborhood, and who raises my hinky meter, because it reminds me of the Elizabeth Smart case. Even though that guy had been inside the house and there's no evidence this guy had (that the family knows of).

In the Smart case, that guy came into a house at night that was absolutely full of people. Into a bedroom with another young girl, and got Elizabeth out of the house and kept her quite nearby in the woods with searchers right nearby. In this case, an advantage might be that a younger child would be harder to threaten and more likely just to cry - unless she was drugged.

But the possibility of someone who was watching the house and waiting is real to me.

Also, I think people overstate the whole "whoever it was knew the layout" thing. Frankly, the house isn't that large and there aren't that many possibilities about where the bedrooms would be. Anyone watching the house could figure out where the kitchen is, bedrooms, etc. As someone noted upthread, even a juvenile burglar, really anyone who's been in a few homes, can be in and out in no time.

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dovebar For This Useful Post:

I think this link has been posted already but in case anyone wants to read about Denalves' brother's case which has a lot of parallels to this one. Food for thought: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=40177&page=3

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

Definitively interesting parallels there.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dovebar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    Wow. I visited your brother's website. I am so sorry for you and your entire family. Sleuthers should note that while your mom failed a polygraph, she had been heavily medicated from the trauma at the time she took the test.

Also, your family had been stalked for some time, by a crazy woman who had also stalked another man before, breaking into his house, taking pictures and camping outside his kids' school.

This woman, Emma Manzanares Bradshaw, has refused to take a poly and was hospitalized in the past, several times.

Do you guys know where she is? Have you been able to determine whether she has or had any other kids with her at any time since your brother disappeared besides the son mentioned in the website? Has her adult son been ruled out definitively as your brother?

Wow. Your brother's case is a lesson to me to not jump to conclusions. The polygraph thing makes sense. I will have to take a step back on baby's Lisa's case and just wait and see.

BTW, there was a another case recently in which a missing girl's parents failed polygraphs - Breann Rodriguez. She was found dead and a neighbor arrested and charged with her murder. http://abcnews.go.com/US/breeann-rod...ry?id=14289852

We didn't know for some time after Christopher's disappearance that we had been being stalked. And we started to piece things together. We did receive hang up calls everyday in the morning for weeks before my brothers disappearance and didn't take them seriously. If only! My mom had gone to the grocery store the day my brother was kidnapped and she felt as though she was being followed, so much so that she turned around to ask the lady if she needed help. Her name had been given to LE the day after my brother's disappearance, but they never even pulled police records on her or the court record you read. My family was the first to request the record from the court. It really is unbelievable. Just like Lisa's case, LE was getting 100's of tips in the first few weeks and they were reacting to them, but overwhelmed I am sure. And at the same time looking at my family with suspision.

We know where EB is. She hasn't had any other children. Her son is not my brother.

Websleuths has set up a link to discuss my brothers case.

30. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to denalves For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post

MOO ...
    dgc,
    I'm glad you said what I was thinking.

imo

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marge_rita For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by runsdeep View Post
    bring in Leonard!
    Leonard is the bail guy -- I'm thinking more along the lines of Dominic Casey.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:

This PI better be careful or he will find himself in jail for interfering in a police investigation.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:

Wow! I just woke up to all the buzz that happened while I was sleeping about this PI. Since I was sleepin' while y'all were talkin' most, if not all, of this has probably already been posted, but just in case something interesting wasn't caught, here are all the tweets I've found so far about the PI from reporters and news stations. *Really* interesting stuff!

DeAnnSmithkc DeAnn Smith
    BREAKING #LISAIRWIN family speaking in 10 minutes. Will live stream on KCTV5 and KCTV5.com
    7 hours ago

MattKadel Matt Kadel
    @lazlothebuzz #wildbill wants you to believe it isn't the family footing his bill. He isn't working for free. @DeAnnSmithkc
    5 hours ago

MattKadel Matt Kadel
    To coach them w/ the media? RT @NimaKCTV5 #wildbill has been handed to families paid for by the networks on more than 1 occasion.
    5 hours ago

DeAnnSmithkc DeAnn Smith
    @NimaKCTV5 I am not sure that the family has hired.
    6 hours ago

DeAnnSmithkc DeAnn Smith
    DEAR KANSAS CITY MEDIA. The private investigator is working with #lisairwin family. Has NOT been hired apparently by the family.
    6 hours ago

DeAnnSmithkc DeAnn Smith
    @pphillip Are you SURE that the family hired him? He has been hired by the networks in other cases.
    6 hours ago

DeAnnSmithkc DeAnn Smith
    @amnewsboy @heycameraman more telling? He was listed as a security coordinator for Good Morning America #lisairwin
    6 hours ago

DeAnnSmithkc DeAnn Smith
    @dannyboi965 Again, working with the family, not for family. Important distinction
    5 hours ago

DeAnnSmithkc DeAnn Smith
    @BHIndepMO How do you know he's not getting paid? He has apparently been on the networks payroll before in cases.
    5 hours ago

DeAnnSmithkc DeAnn Smith
    @Heycameraman really? I'm missing that CBS reference. Can you share? D
    5 hours ago

DeAnnSmithkc DeAnn Smith
    Latest developments in #lisairwin case including #wildbill #bill stanton bit.ly/rnvXuZ
    5 hours ago

DeAnnSmithkc DeAnn Smith
    @lazlothebuzz Again, working with and working for are important distinctions
    5 hours ago

KCTV5_10PM Julie Kellogg
    Family of Lisa Irwin expected to make statement any minute now. @JeaneneKCTV5 is live on scene.
    7 hours ago

NimaKCTV5 Nima Shaffe
    WATCH LIVE: As the family of #LisaIrwin addresses the media. Tune in online. KCTV5.com and catch @JeaneneKCTV5 at 10 with an update. #KCTV5
    6 hours ago

KCTV5_9PM Abbie Sanderson
    There's a private investigator (Bill Stanton) helping in the case of Baby Lisa Irwin. We'll likely see more of him in the coming days.
    6 hours ago

NimaKCTV5 Nima Shaffe
    The family of #LisaIrwin has hired Bill Stanton a private eye 2 #findbabylisa and despite family being there,parents were not.#findlisairwin
    6 hours ago

NimaKCTV5 Nima Shaffe
    Private Investigator for family of #LisaIrwin asks public 2 keep one eye out for the "bad guy."Says he knows people will have eye on family.
    6 hours ago

NimaKCTV5 Nima Shaffe
    Parents Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin no where to be seen at the #findbabylisa presser held just before 10. Where were they? #LisaIrwin
    6 hours ago

NimaKCTV5 Nima Shaffe
    @NewJerzeyBoy @bluejean24 I would guess that's the question many are asking right now in the case to #findbabylisa #KCTV5 #LisaIrwin
    6 hours ago

NimaKCTV5 Nima Shaffe
    @DeAnnSmithkc @amnewsboy @heycameraman Aren't they the ones paying for their legal council? Just wondering.
    6 hours ago

NimaKCTV5 Nima Shaffe
    @KrisColvin he was brought in to help the family of #LisaIrwin and to #findbabylisa. Where was the parents during the press conference??
    5 hours ago

KCTV5 KCTV5 - Kansas City
    Prominent PI joins search for missing Lisa Irwin: A private investigator who has done work for national networks... bit.ly/oAJMuE
    5 hours ago

NimaKCTV5 Nima Shaffe
    @KrisColvin I couldn't agree more with you. @kcpolice have been working hard and continue to do so. I viewed it as a slap in their face.
    5 hours ago

NimaKCTV5 Nima Shaffe
    Prominent PI joins search for missing baby - KCTV 5: bit.ly/n90Wdh via @AddThis
    5 hours ago

NimaKCTV5 Nima Shaffe
    Reading a lot about #wildbill #BillStanton on the web. Man has been handed to families paid for by the networks on more than 1 occasion.
    5 hours ago

NimaKCTV5 Nima Shaffe
    Who is 'Wild Bill'?: on.msnbc.com/nWogMe via @msnbc #findbabylisa #lisairwin
    5 hours ago

NimaKCTV5 Nima Shaffe
    The Not So Private Eye that's come in to help the family of #LisaIrwin: shar.es/boQOX #findbabylisa #findlisairwin
    5 hours ago

NimaKCTV5 Nima Shaffe
    #WildBill the owner of this firm: bit.ly/qF1peC His slogan, "Truth Matters." #findbabylisa #lisairwin
    5 hours ago

NimaKCTV5 Nima Shaffe
    Read more about #WildBill on his personal blog: bit.ly/pKcjDN #BillStanton #findbabylisa #findlisairwin #LisaIrwin
    5 hours ago

NimaKCTV5 Nima Shaffe
    @MattKadel Hard to say what purpose #wildbill #BillStanton will serve in the coming days. We will definitely see what he does, if anything.
    4 hours ago

PeterAlexander Peter Alexander
    Bill Stanton says his private investigator services are being paid for by a "wealthy benefactor," close to #LisaIrwin family.
    5 hours ago

sarahjclark sarahjclark
    WATCH LIVE: Lisa Irwin's family to release statement to public. bit.ly/IeGl
    7 hours ago

sarahjclark sarahjclark
    Irwin family hires private investigator 'Wild Bill.' He releases statement on their behalf. Watch it in full here: bit.ly/nDhDzn
    6 hours ago

sarahjclark sarahjclark
    Fully updated story regarding statement released by newly hired Irwin family private investigator, 'Wild Bill.' bit.ly/nDhDzn
    5 hours ago

sarahjclark sarahjclark
    @Heycameraman Yeah my tweet mite hav been misleading. My mistake. In the story I say it's unclear if the fam hired him or an outside source.
    5 hours ago

DanaKCTV5 Dana Wright
    @kcklo63 @ms_nene I'm just not thinkin kcpd is gonna embrace a p.I. Wild bill or not...
    5 hours ago

NimaKCTV5 Nima Shaffe
    Good Point: The private investigator is working with #lisairwin family. Has NOT been hired apparently by the family. (via @DeAnnSmithkc)
    6 hours ago

kcklo63 kcklo63
    So here's a NY Magazine feature on the #lisairwin private eye, Bill Stanton. He sounds like quite the character: bit.ly/r96a9F
    6 hours ago

Heycameraman HC
    BREAKING: #lisairwin family now has a private investigator.
    6 hours ago

Heycameraman HC
    Private investigator: 'I'm here to find the truth....' #lisairwin
    6 hours ago

Heycameraman HC
    Not sure why parents of #LisaIrwin not at presser. Efforting...
    6 hours ago

Heycameraman HC
    @bluejean24 you are correct he's NOT hired by fam. Trying to contact sarah now.
    6 hours ago

Heycameraman HC
    @sarahjclark FYI. I dont believe he was hired by fam. Everyone else is reporting he's 'helping' the fam.
    5 hours ago

Heycameraman HC
    @KrisColvin @GMA @dannyboi965 to be fair Bill Stanton has done alot of consulting with all the networks.
    5 hours ago

Heycameraman HC
    @MattKadel I wouldn't bet money on law enforcement calling him. Outside of that no idea as of right now.
    5 hours ago

Heycameraman HC
    RT @amnewsboy: Who is Bill Stanton? msnbc.msn.com/id/17422420/ns… #lisairwin
    6 hours ago

Heycameraman HC
    Interesting read on Bill Stanton PI helping #lisairwin family. bit.ly/nCHRNa #wildbill
    5 hours ago

JiaoJiaoShen JiaoJiao Shen
    A "wealthy benefactor" close to #LisaIrwin's family hired P.I. Bill Stanton to help. Details on @NBCActionNews Today. bit.ly/oDJnTv
    51 minutes ago

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

Thank you, BeanE, I slept through it too, and this helps.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jareau For This Useful Post:

I think we can call this case an official media circus now. Oh well, I imagine ratings and viewership and website readership were dropping off after the end of the Casey Anthony trial.

Just my opinion, of course.

42. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

I went to bed too! Of course i missed something new, thats how it always happens.

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luckyme For This Useful Post:

Fell asleep promptly after the press conference with this guy, so I missed all the infoz about him. Thanks for the twitter round up!

Someone said earlier this guy seems a lot like Bo Dietl, I agree. I for see lots of friction between Stanton and LE and locals in the near future.

If this guy was indeed hired by the corporate media, all I can say is WOW. Not surprising, but just... Wow at their brazenness.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

46. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gardenlady For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast