1204 users online (252 members and 952 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

the car break in

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/261848...72173#44872173
    (near 2 minute mark in the video)

car was broken into last month. 10/11/11 DB asks, per this media report, for investigators to come back and test cigarette butts found near the car..

---------------
    was anything taken from the car?
    why was it broken into?
    have there been many break-ins in the neighborhood?
    --------------

discuss here

If cigarette butts were found near ther car at the time of the break in, why didn't LE take them then? And are they just still laying there or did the family SAVE them? Something weird about that..........
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

I do hope that there will be some answers as that was just tossed in on the report, and I did feel that it was a bit sensationalized the way it was phrased, just sayin'.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    If cigarette butts were found near ther car at the time of the break in, why didn't LE take them then? And are they just still laying there or did the family SAVE them? Something weird about that..........
    Maybe they were tossed in the yard, and they just didn't clean them up? Not purposefully saving them, but they just happen to still be there?
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. While I am a lawyer, I am not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

Quote Originally Posted by AnaTeresa View Post
    Maybe they were tossed in the yard, and they just didn't clean them up? Not purposefully saving them, but they just happen to still be there?
    I think if they were tossed in the yard, LE would already have them by now. At least I would hope.

Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    LE is probably not that interested in investigating a car break in. The missing baby is another story but that much later I doubt there is any evidence left on the cigarette butts if they were out in the elements all this time.
    Just my opinion

justbeachy is offline "It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to respond; that was rhetorical."
    My car was broken into last year and the police, while very nice, would not have collected any "evidence" for an investigation. They did dust my car for prints, but I think the guy was humoring me at that point. If I had asked him to collect cigarette butts, he probably would have had to try very hard to not laugh in my face.

Having said that, though, I think it would depend on what was stolen from the car. I didn't have anything more than a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff stolen. Not high enough value to merit a real investigation.

geesh! sure seems like alot of crime in this neighborhood. kind of scary. They could get dna off butts. They would have to have a suspect first to compare it too. Only my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by justbeachy View Post
    My car was broken into last year and the police, while very nice, would not have collected any "evidence" for an investigation. They did dust my car for prints, but I think the guy was humoring me at that point. If I had asked him to collect cigarette butts, he probably would have had to try very hard to not laugh in my face.

Having said that, though, I think it would depend on what was stolen from the car. I didn't have anything more than a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff stolen. Not high enough value to merit a real investigation.
    Yea, when my wallet was stolen police didn't investigate at all. They explained to me that they only have one guy investigating however many property theft cases.
    Just my opinion

So, whomever broke into the auto stood out there a while? Butts. Plural. WTH?! A perp leaves a few cigarette butts, perp was out there for a while watching and listening.

If you are breaking into an auto can you do so ever so quietly? Not glass breaking, no jimmy of doors, or was the auto unlocked?

I think we need more info, preferably real info, not sensationalized info.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

There again someone was bold to smoke and break into a car.
    Familiar and not afraid of being caught, JMOO
    What did someone want in the car? cell phones again?
    No car alarm to go off?
    Keys to house?
    cigerette butts (like in many? many people? chainsmoker?)
    If I were breaking into a car, I wouldn't light up a smoke, KWIM?
    Is this staged also? before the real deal?
    I once had my car unlocked and noticed someone had gone through it, messed it up.
    Ended up being my X's lover (he had many) and phone hang ups etc.
    Hind site is always 20/20 but not when it is happening.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

I really doubt LE took the cigarette butts with them. A car break-in is just not that big of a deal. This is not CSI and to spend resources testing cigarette butts would not be feasible, IMO, even though DNA could have been extracted from the filter tip.

If the family saved the cigarette butts, the evidence would be contaminated and no one could prove they were the same ones found at the time of the car break-in. LE would have dusted the vehicle for prints, and that is probably all they could have done, IMO.

IIRC, I think it was mentioned by maybe one of the locals that there had been a couple of vehicle break-ins in the area in the past.

IMO, I do not think the vehicle break-in is related to Baby Lisa's disappearance at all - that is just my opinion though.

MOO
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Someone broke into my corvette and stole change one night. I didn't even bother to call police, figuring it was kids. Not sure why the alarm didn't go off. Then they came back and tried to actually steal the car and the alarm went off. I called LE. They came out and looked at the car and said something about what a nice little car it was and asked if it was fun to drive. Never even touched or fingerprinted the car. So, gathering evidence, even if the police were called at the time of break in? Not sure they would have bothered at that point. If there were cigarette butts left behind, now that baby Lisa is missing wouldn't they have already been collected by LE when the property was first searched?

Quote Originally Posted by 21merc7 View Post
    So, whomever broke into the auto stood out there a while? Butts. Plural. WTH?! A perp leaves a few cigarette butts, perp was out there for a while watching and listening. If you are breaking into an auto can you do so ever so quietly? Not glass breaking, no jimmy of doors, or was the auto unlocked?

I think we need more info, preferably real info, not sensationalized info.
    My car was broken into before in my driveway. I never knew until next morning when i took my child to bus i freaked out. broke window. police just made out a report. Oh and they left their snapple bottle. They didnt dust or anything. just report.

Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    I really doubt LE took the cigarette butts with them. A car break-in is just not that big of a deal. This is not CSI and to spend resources testing cigarette butts would not be feasible, IMO, even though DNA could have been extracted from the filter tip.

If the family saved the cigarette butts, the evidence would be contaminated and no one could prove they were the same ones found at the time of the car break-in. LE would have dusted the vehicle for prints, and that is probably all they could have done, IMO.

IIRC, I think it was mentioned by maybe one of the locals that there had been a couple of vehicle break-ins in the area in the past.

IMO, I do not think the vehicle break-in is related to Baby Lisa's disappearance at all - that is just my opinion though.

MOO
    Ya never know though...maybe the perp breaking into cars has prior convictions which would mean their DNA is on record. I'd be asking for blades of grass to be tested and fingerprinted if my baby went missing.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast