Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: AZ - AMBER ALERT: Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #1

Robin Meade and MORNING EXPRESS just had a 30 second snippet on Jahessye...

Better than nothing! (I guess)

Thinking of you Jahessye and your sweet smile!

ETA: I just hit up some of the major TV networks on FB asking them to cover Jahessye and Aliayah's stories! (Trust me, I know there are more ) Let's cross our fingers!
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to deelytful1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by daisy.faithfull View Post
    It was in an article somewhere up thread. It stuck out for me because someone else commented on how it looks like LE thinks that the mom did it which surprised me because before an article had said that LE thought Jahessye had been kidnapped.

It was when we were discussing the lack of media attention, I'll go and try to find it

EDIT: I looked real quick and didn't see it, but whoever commented on it said something to the effect of police think that the mom did it (based on that article), so it makes sense that national media isn't picking the story up. I'm pretty sure it was when we were discussing the lack of national media attention, does anyone remember that post?

Found it for you, it was me that commented and nurse that posted the article it says police no longer believe she wandered out of the home

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...#ixzz1bLHnJvZ2

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to peeples For This Useful Post:

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by peeples View Post
    Found it for you, it was me that commented and nurse that posted the article it says police no longer believe she wandered out of the home

Wow. I wonder why they think this? That's a pretty bold statement.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    I was just thinking last night how pitiful $11,000 looks compared to the $100,000 someone is offering in Lisa Irwin's case. I do think, however, that Lisa's case is getting a lot of coverage right now b/c the story is so odd, kwim? A baby taken out of the crib with three other people in the house vs a 5-yr-old running out the door by herself and disappearing. MOO

I pray that you are safe, Jahessye...

I agree that it is a strange story; however, another strange story was toddler Joshua Davis missing out of a house with (IIRC) 6 adults present. His mom was pregnant at the time. He has never been found; FBI were involved, and he didn't get the national coverage either - or a large reward.

Please understand that I will never begrudge a child that does receive the coverage; I just wish that EVERY child would receive coverage. I believe with all of my heart the Lisa deserves her coverage; and deserves to be found. However, I wish that Joshua, Aliayah, and Jahessye ALL deserve national attention. Where are these children?!
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195327

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomod View Post
    I agree that it is a strange story; however, another strange story was toddler Joshua Davis missing out of a house with (IIRC) 6 adults present. His mom was pregnant at the time. He has never been found; FBI were involved, and he didn't get the national coverage either - or a large reward.

Please understand that I will never begrudge a child that does receive the coverage; I just wish that EVERY child would receive coverage. I believe with all of my heart the Lisa deserves her coverage; and deserves to be found. However, I wish that Joshua, Aliayah, and Jahessye ALL deserve national attention. Where are these children?!
    You are right - I remember Joshua's case and still cannot believed that little one hasn't been found yet...

I do think there's a discrepancy in coverage between different cases that sadly may be related to race and/or SES. I was thinking more about these two cases (Lisa vs Jahessye) since they're both current.
    Last edited by belimom; 10-21-2011 at 02:20 PM.

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

Family member of missing 5-year-old begs for national media attention

""I want the national media to pick it up... I won't stop til they do. I don't know why it's not national now," Shirley Johnson, Jahessye's worried grandmother, told CNN affiliate KPHO Thursday. "They have the ability to make sure someone from across the nation knows what's going on."
    Jahessye 's case has been mentioned in the Washington Post and the Huffington Post in recent days. But it has not received much national television coverage compared to cases like Baby Lisa, the 11-month-old missing Missouri girl. That case has received daily national news coverage and has been featured on the cover of People magazine.
    <snip>

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/21/justic...-missing-girl/

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jetaime For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Lisa Vance, from Glendale, says she helped raise Jhessye for four years while Jhessye's mother was in prison.
    She tells ABC15 Jhessye was an intelligent girl with dreams of becoming a ballerina.
    "You cannot help but love her. I miss everything about her," Vance said.
    Jerice Hunter, Jhessye's mother, has a record of child abuse , and was sentenced to jail in California back in 2006. Vance says Hunter took Jhessye back last year when she was released.
    "We did not give her back willingly," Vance said. "We didn't think Jerice was ready. She needed to get to know Jhessye. Jhessye was two weeks old when she left."
    Vance, who does not have contact with Hunter anymore, alleges Hunter abused Jhessye.
    "Absolutely," she said. "At our functions, and get-togethers, Jhessye was not herself. I've seen marks that led me to believe she was being abused in Jerice's home."

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...#ixzz1bRTkyGyX
    video at link
    This bee my opinion

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

"She needed to get to know Jhessye. Jhessye was two weeks old when she left."

Poor Jhessye must have been scared.. going to live with a woman she didn't know at all.. WOW

I'm struggling to believe this was a DHS placement as they tend to do reintroductions a lot slower...a few visits, then an overnight or 2, then for a couple weekends and finally a 30 day trial....

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to peeples For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    video at link
    That is so sad. I just have no idea about this case --- mom? stranger? It could be either one. One thing is for sure, though - I believe Jahessye is in danger or more likely, no longer with us.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Missing...132291453.html

Johnson, other relatives and a handful of strangers who have joined the mission to find Jahessye congregated at the State Capitol on Thursday, in hopes of getting more attention for the search.

They then walked through downtown Phoenix, handing out fliers with Jahessye's picture.

"We're trying to get national attention," said Anita White, who volunteered her time to help in the effort. "Just like they're telling that story down in Kansas, we need that here."
    At least they're doing something to try and get coverage and they're bringing the race discrepancy to light! (Unlike baby A's family) God Bless them...
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deelytful1 For This Useful Post:

I have nothing new to add just wanted to say that there still aren't a lot of kids out playing in the neighborhood. You can see J's front door from the road and there is a small shrine. The corner memorial is growing by the day, today I saw a lot of red and white balloons. A few days ago I was going down 43rd Ave. and was about run off the road by Phx and Glendale police all racing to a side street that runs behind J's apt complex,my heart sank. I slowed way down to look down the road and saw about 20 cars from the two depts. I am guessing it was a false alarm because nothing was ever said.

21. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to justjn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by deelytful1 View Post
    http://www.azfamily.com/news/Missing...132291453.html

At least they're doing something to try and get coverage and they're bringing the race discrepancy to light! (Unlike baby A's family) God Bless them...
    So glad this family is fighting to get this precious baby girl's name out there

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MEM2010 For This Useful Post:

Jane velez Mitchell says they will feature Jahessye tonight. good! Get her face out there!

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SinKittyVixen For This Useful Post:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daisy.faithfull For This Useful Post:

This is getting worse. Knowing she has an abusive mother. This poor baby. I hope she's with someone who is keeping her safe. I know that is probably not true but I just want her to be alive and well. Such a precious little angel.

Praying for you, Jahessye!
    A parole review date is set for July 21, 2012 for Fred Howard Coffey.

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

Please write a letter on behalf of Amanda.

Suspect in the murders of:
    5 yr old Neely Smith, NC
    14 yr old Kathy Lynn Beatty, MD
    8 yr old Travis Shane King, VA

Possibly connected to the disappearances of:
    14 Yr old Tracy Anne King, PA
    11 yr old Sheila and 13 yr old Katherine Lyons, MD
    15 yr old Carolyn Majane, NJ

Write to:
    Chairman Charles L. Mann Sr.
    NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
    RE: Fred Howard Coffey, DOC# 0081135
    or send an email to parole@doc.state.nc.us
    http://justice4amanda.tripod.com/

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

I wonder if it is possible that someone in her family actually took Jahessye to protect her from her mother. It seems strange that the eyewitness account says that it was a casual encounter. Could Jahessye be safe and sound in a loving home that is scared for her? I certainly hope so!!
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195327

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cocomod For This Useful Post:

sorry, don't know if this info has been posted...haven't kept up here
    fwiw-
    http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...iminal-history

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sreshowtime For This Useful Post:

I'm watching JVM now, and while they aren't talking about Jahessye, they are talking about Baby Lisa. Looks like a cadaver dog hit in the the Irwin home, I wonder if dogs were brought into Jahessye's home?

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to daisy.faithfull For This Useful Post:

I was impressed with Lisa Vance. I'm sure she would have said more, but wants to keep the focus on Jahessye. It must have been really tough for her to relinquish her to Hunter's care after four years. In addition, Vance says she feels Jahessye was being abused in Hunter's home, she saw marks on her body.

Wishful thinking here ... What Vance revealed in that interview seems to indicate that some of the "family" thought Jahessye was being abused. Makes me suspect someone may have felt she needed to be removed from Hunter's care permanently?

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...#ixzz1bRTkyGyX
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

37. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Starting with Jayhessye now.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daisy.faithfull For This Useful Post:

OH NO! No.

That sounds really bad for this precious little girl. LE must think that Jahessye's mother is involved in her disappearance.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EllaMae For This Useful Post:

Discussion with Sgt. Frank Combs, Glendale PD
    10 days, we have reason for concern... she didn't just walk away from the home.

JVM asks about mom.
    Sgt. Combs: Investigators close to the case are aware of the mother's history although they cannot speak to the specifics of that history, their committment is to finding Jayhessye and finding her safe.

JVM: mom has history in 2005 of conviction of four counts of child abuse before Jayhessye was born and father is imprisoned SO. Family member, Lisa Vance, is saying that she believes Jayhessye was being abused. JVM asked if there is video of JH shopping, does she have a firm alibi.
    Sgt. Combs: Talked to J's mother, she is working with LE and they are in contact with her on a daily basis.

JVM says that the kids were taken from the home and have been split up into three different foster homes, she's upset that the kids are being traumatized like this.

Joey J.: He understands but says that the children need to be protected and it can help CPS get information from the children to help them find Jayhessye. Hopefully, it is temporary.

Penzone: Children could be critical witnesses so their ability to communicate with each other would impeed their ability to speak independently about what they knew. Gives props to GPD's handling of Jahessye's case.

Penzone says that it is

43. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to daisy.faithfull For This Useful Post:

Odds are Lisa Vance alerted authorities that she believed Jahessye was being abused by her mother. If it turns out that CPS did not investigate the report if it turns out that the children were being abused, even if JH had nothing to do with Jayhessye's disappearance, CPS is in hot water.

45. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daisy.faithfull For This Useful Post:

Like a few others here, I've been wondering if the woman that a witness saw putting a girl matching Jahessye's description into a car is a relative or family friend who was concerned for Jahessye's welfare. I wonder, too, where the other children were when Jahessye allegedly left the house. If they were in a bedroom studying, listening to music or watching TV, they may not have heard a knock at the door. If Jahessye did leave the house and was seen getting into a car, it seems she left willingly so probably knew the woman.

I so hope Jahessye is still with us! I can just picture her as a lovely ballerina.

47. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Indy Anna For This Useful Post:

Kimster is offline WS Adminstrator, Verified Posters Liaison
    Jahessye is being featured on our front page

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

49. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast