Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #1 *J. Hunter guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
Adorable child. I hope she is found safe soon.

Glendale police continue to search for a 5-year-old girl who went missing sometime before 5 p.m. Tuesday.
Jahessye Shochley is believed to have wandered out the front door of her home near Glendale Road and 45th Avenue where she was in the care of her siblings.
After about 12 hours of searching, police still no new information, officials said Wednesday morning.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...year-old-girl-missing-abrk.html#ixzz1aa1otvqc

http://www.kpho.com/story/15671973/glendale-police-seek-missing-child

Updated: Oct 12, 2011 10:54 AM CDT

A person of interest is being sought as a bloodhound and investigators from around Arizona join the search for a missing 5-year-old Glendale girl.

Glendale police said a 25- to 35-year-old African-American woman driving a 1998-2000 Chevrolet Malibu was being sought as a person of interest. Police said a woman fitting that description was seen in the area with a child fitting the description of Jahessye Shochley.

A female abductor (for a random abduction) is pretty rare, right?

Hoping this little one comes home safely.

A female abductor (for a random abduction) is pretty rare, right?

Hoping this little one comes home safely.

Sandra Cantu's case is the one that immediately comes to mind, but I'm praying this case turns out nothing like hers.

There isn't enough information here to draw many conclusions, but I think it could well be that an aunt, or girlfriend of the father, or grandmother, etc., came and got her.

It's hard to tell what the family situation is.

It does seem there's real reason to hope that she's safe and in loving arms.

An adorable little 5 year old. At that age they do not realize trouble until they are well into it. I so hope she did not get in a car with a stranger. I am praying that she will be found somewhere close to the neighborhood and that she got lost and spent the night in someones garage or shed.

anything? news? twitters? Please let her be found safe and sound.

She wasn't noticed missing until the mom got home.. wonder why the siblings didn't notice....

A search of Google streetview was certainly interesting.

This is a busy city intersection, 4 lane, with a stop light. Car dealer on one side, strip mall, fast food and better restaurants.

No wonder someone noticed her getting into the car - there must have been many stopped at the light, having nothing better to do than watch what was going on.

I never see a problem with allowing kids this young to bike around a couple doors down from their homes, walk to playmate's houses several houses away, etc., but had I seen this child THERE all alone, I would have called 911. But first picked her up so she wouldn't get hit by a car.

Police say they aren't clear Jahessye was abducted but issued an Amber Alert due to concerns about the length of time she has been missing.
"The time that has passed now has entered into an area where if it was just simply walking away we probably would have heard something by now," Coombs said.
Investigators have deployed numerous resources to find the girl.
The Arizona Child Abduction Response Team, which includes the FBI, Chandler Police Department and the Arizona Department of Public Safety, are helping in the search.
Phoenix police air units have also flown in the area and early Wednesday, police stopped and searched vehicles driving in the neighborhood, Coombs said.
Glendale police K9s and bloodhounds have searched pools and dumpsters as well as the girl's school, which Coombs said is a private school in Glendale.
Authorities are talking to the girl's classmates and have checked on sex offenders in the area. Jahessye is considered an inquisitive child who could unlock a front door and wander to a neighbor's house.
"She's very well known in the area and plays with all the kids in the neighborhood," Coombs said.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/12news/new...year-old-girl-missing-abrk.html#ixzz1ab5ahGHv

gosh! I hope she is found safely!

Has anyone seen this on TV or video?
I'm curious how to pronounce her name.
(not that I'm anywhere near Glendale, Arizona, but you never know)

Hope she comes home safe and soon!

The video also states that mom was at work, not running a short errand

Bloodhounds being used are the ones used to track convicts (Like in the Hailey DUnn case), which aren't the right ones according to our S&R people

By early Wednesday, police sought a woman seen putting a child who had similar description to Jahessye in a car near where the girl was reported missing. The car is described as a dark-colored Chevrolet resembling a Malibu. It may be a 1998 to 2000 model, authorities said.

The woman is described as Black and about 5-foot-8, 120 pounds and between 25 and 30 years old. The woman apparently wore her hair in a bun and was last seen driving east on Glendale Avenue.

Police are looking to talk to her as soon as possible to determine whether she is connected.

The girl didn't appear to resist. "It was very casual," Coombs said.

Snipped: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...012glendale-5-year-old-girl-missing-abrk.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10