942 users online (166 members and 776 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,278

    Vancouver restaurant bans men from peeing standing up

    A Vancouver restaurant has come up with an interesting solution to the men-can’t-aim problem: Ban men from peeing standing up.

    In Edible Canada’s case, where men and women have to share toilets, I can see why they’d be interested in reducing behaviours that might make things messy.

    But, still, isn’t banning stand-up peeing a little extreme? Not to mention, as far as I can tell, completely unenforceable?

    http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2011/1...g-standing-up/
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Douglas,MA
    Posts
    443
    Men and women share public restrooms in Canada? Here is the US that is against the law I believe.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    602/360
    Posts
    436
    I don't see how that's going to help matters. I see piss on the seats all the time in women's restrooms.

    @rpipergirl: Never been in a hospital?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,898
    lol. From the Edible Canada site.

    “PeeGate” – How a Little Bathroom Sign Created a Giant Flush of Attention

    Edible Canada president Eric Pateman came across the stickers months ago when planning the shared, co-ed washroom space. While picking up signage from Puddifoot Restaurant Suppliers he came across the no-peeing-standing stickers, got a laugh out of them and picked a few up for the stalls. “We figured it would be something fun and different,” he said. “A conversation piece...

    The stickers have been so popular with our customers that we’ve had to replace them five times in the last three months. “Customers keep taking them. Some people have even taken off the plaster to remove them and take them home” according to Pateman.

    http://blog.ediblecanada.com/peegate...-of-attention/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    SoCal LB area
    Posts
    4,748
    It should be a law! It's a law in my house.
    __________________
    Disclaimer: I have a JD, but I am not licensed to practice. Therefore, do not interpret anything contained in my posts as legal advice - they are my personal opinion only.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,559
    Quote Originally Posted by TrackerSam View Post
    A Vancouver restaurant has come up with an interesting solution to the men-can’t-aim problem: Ban men from peeing standing up.

    In Edible Canada’s case, where men and women have to share toilets, I can see why they’d be interested in reducing behaviours that might make things messy.

    But, still, isn’t banning stand-up peeing a little extreme? Not to mention, as far as I can tell, completely unenforceable?

    http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2011/1...g-standing-up/
    I actually support that. Who wants to stand in pee.

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    It should be a law! It's a law in my house.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Vask View Post
    I don't see how that's going to help matters. I see piss on the seats all the time in women's restrooms.

    @rpipergirl: Never been in a hospital?
    I knew of one independant sales woman who used to come in and straddle the seat because she didn't want to sit on a public toilet, never cleaned up the mess, and the other women in the office complained to the point where our manager forbid her entrance into the building.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,559
    WARNING FOUL LANGUAGE!!!

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce0sXx5wwGo"]Paulie on Bathroom Hygeine - YouTube[/ame]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,796
    It would stop that problem of men forgetting to put the seat down too!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,278
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    It would stop that problem of men forgetting to put the seat down too!
    What problem?


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,766
    Quote Originally Posted by TrackerSam View Post
    I knew of one independant sales woman who used to come in and straddle the seat because she didn't want to sit on a public toilet, never cleaned up the mess, and the other women in the office complained to the point where our manager forbid her entrance into the building.
    Yes, otherwise known as the mystery female hover maneuver

    Men, stand up for your right to pee!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    6,037
    Thanks for my morning chuckle everyone.

    Now if only I hadn't been eating my morning toast when I watched that video clip!
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne


    #TeamCivilization

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    WARNING FOUL LANGUAGE!!!

    Paulie on Bathroom Hygeine - YouTube
    Every time I have to tie my sons shoe I think of this clip!! hahaha
    I think it's so funny!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,086
    I like the seat down sooooo much, that every man I've ever lived with just ends up sitting to pee...

    Seriously, I'm not that bad, but it's true. I think the male sit is more common than readily acknowledged. Also, it's a good exercise to have them clean the bathroom on a regular basis-- eh, just 'cause.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    High on Hummingbird Hill
    Posts
    1,954
    It has been banned in my home for years. I hope it catches on everywhere. ;-)
    Bless the beasts and the children
    For in this world they have no voice,
    They have no choice.

    I’ve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, keep me here.
    كلي

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Peeing in Public or Performance Art?
    By mysteriew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-19-2006, 08:43 PM
  2. Peeing in Public
    By Rocky in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-08-2004, 09:02 PM