Customer stiffs bartender on tip and tells her to "loose" a few pounds

I would have scratched his eyes out!!! Grrr!!!

It's classic that he misspelled lose. I would've been sure to point that out to him that he's an idiot before the fists and claws came out!! What a complete douchebag.

I've noticed that word 'lose' gets misspelled quite often lately. :waitasec:

Good point is made though that the wrong Andrew is quite annoyed at the publicity he is getting.

Whatever happened to a good kick in the shins?

He shouldn't go out to eat, imo. Ingrate.

I saw a bit about this on The Today Show this morning. I just want to ask, how is this news? I spent many years working in every kind of restaurant there is. People are rude, from 5 star silver service, to whole in wall dumps. People say and do all sorts of things. It is part of public service to put up with it. How is it news? I'm certain it has happened to millions of overweight staff. I don't get it.

The public can be such jerks!

I think the man's date is the one who wrote on the receipt. There is more to this story than the OP's article reveals. Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that the waitress may have been rude to the customer and his girlfriend? Maybe flirting with the guy?

I've waitressed and there's no reason for her to have taken it this far. Get over it, the guy was a rude jerk. If he comes back again give him the bare minimum of service.

She also outed the wrong man and I think that is very wrong. So this whole things is blown completely out of proportion.

It always amazes me that people think it is any of their business what another person weighs. This guy probably has bigger problems than just being a jerk. Bully comes to mind. I wonder if insulting this woman made him feel better about himself.

Story seems strange. Her FB comment is horrible and perhaps gives insight to her "mouth". But, I dont like the fact that the note writer made a weight comment, that's equally not nice. And, if he did steal money, why didn't she call the police?

I went to a very nice restaurant with a GF a few weeks ago - after dinner (not cheap), we went to the bar to get drinks and chat. No seats were available, so we stood. Then two guys got up from their seats, and my GF went to sit down – the bartender (male) ran over, stopped her and told her he was holding the seats (his buddies had just walked in). The two buddies took the seats, and then one of them told me I could sit on his lap if I wanted (ah, no thanks jerk). I picked up my tip money, put it back into my pocketbook, and then I too wrote a note on a napkin which went something like; We just had dinner and left our waiter a big tip, but I draw a line at tipping bartenders who kick ladies out of seats. We’re leaving and taking our money to (insert place) down the street. Tell (insert owner’s real name (I know him)) that Zippitydoda (insert my real name) said hello.

While some people are rude just for giggles, sometimes people do things that brings the snark out in other people. Perhaps there is another side to the story.

Oh wow. How awful. I have spent the better part of 20 years in this industry and while its very profitable, sometimes the bad does not out weight the dolla!! I have never seen anything like that happen before though. Major douche!!

Also, a lot of the time the server doesnt have to do anything to tick off a guest. I do recall one time not that long ago a gentlemen was ticked his large group had to wait almost an hour to be seated. He was irate and took it at out on me when his brood ended up in my section. I was not made aware of the situation until I looked up at him over his bad behavior wondering what the heck was going on. He started yelling and cussing at me for looking at him. Im a veteran at this and it was prime time Friday night.. because the customer is always right I was in big trouble even though I had done nothing. I then refused to serve them. I am happy I do not have to deal w people like that anymore. As two months later I said peace out. Im also aware there are major ahole bartenders and servers as well. I just have never really witnessed it. Just have heard the complaints and seen the results. Servers know how easily they can get fired and be replaced. They also know they dont have much job protection, the guest is always sided with no matter what. The friends and regulars I made doing this all these years were originally complaining difficult guests that I was told to make happy. I constantly had to fake it to keep my job, to keep my bosses job, to keep the guests. Generally I would come home and drink a six pack to drown the stress. But hey it paid my bills for many years and each day brought something new. I am thankful to have had job security for so long even if it was by learning to have the ability to kiss major *advertiser censored* to the top. LOL.
Im really sorry to anybody that has ever had a bad experience with a server or bartender. No excuse for it. The job is no harder than anybody elses job.
Rant off. :)

Story seems strange. Her FB comment is horrible and perhaps gives insight to her "mouth". But, I dont like the fact that the note writer made a weight comment, that's equally not nice. And, if he did steal money, why didn't she call the police?

I went to a very nice restaurant with a GF a few weeks ago - after dinner (not cheap), we went to the bar to get drinks and chat. No seats were available, so we stood. Then two guys got up from their seats, and my GF went to sit down – the bartender (male) ran over, stopped her and told her he was holding the seats (his buddies had just walked in). The two buddies took the seats, and then one of them told me I could sit on his lap if I wanted (ah, no thanks jerk). I picked up my tip money, put it back into my pocketbook, and then I too wrote a note on a napkin which went something like; We just had dinner and left our waiter a big tip, but I draw a line at tipping bartenders who kick ladies out of seats. We’re leaving and taking our money to (insert place) down the street. Tell (insert owner’s real name (I know him)) that Zippitydoda (insert my real name) said hello.

While some people are rude just for giggles, sometimes people do things that brings the snark out in other people. Perhaps there is another side to the story.

BBM--

I'm sorry Zippity, but that made me laugh!! I'm sure it wouldn't have been funny at the time, though.

The way that bartender treated you is inexcusable. I am assuming you spoke to the owner of the restaurant? Did anything happen to the rude bartender?

I think you were completely justified in writing what you did on the napkin. You got your point across without being tacky and spewing personal insults. Insulting someone's appearace is tacky and childish, and not to mention downright cruel. And I'm pretty sure that it's someplace in the handbook on how to deal with women that you're not supposed to comment on her weight....EVER!!!! :crazy:

Hi Davehead....

And he wasn't even cute! My GF and I had a good laugh over the whole thing.

I concurr about the men rule book on women, no weight comments, and if any questions about an outfit are asked, they should always be answered with - No honey, that does not make your (body part) look big. Any other answer is a :nono: and a total fail.

Good for you! You go girl :)

As for this Andrew Meyer character, he sounds like a right prat. IMHO someone who wanted to get out of a measly 5.00 tip. Hope it was worth it loser.

MOO

Mel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆