A Great Book by Peggy Lakin About JonBenet Ramsey

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
With Christmas coming up ( can't believe I am saying Christmas already) I have a wonderful idea for a gift. A great stocking stuffer.

Peggy Lakin wrote a fantastic book with Delmar England about the Ramsey case called. "Journey Beyond Reason." I'm telling you if you have someone in your life that wants the facts this is a great book and it's only $4.99

You can buy it here:

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/36622

and here: http://www.ebookstand.com/m/peggylakin/
(if this link doesn't get you to Peggy's book just type in "jonbenet" in the search box and it will bring it up.)

I'm going to ask Peggy to come and post about writing this book, why she decided to write it, how long did it take, and all that good stuff.

So here you go. While we wait for Super Dave's book we can enjoy Peggy's.

Tricia

Tricia, is that an E-Book only, or is it available as a hard copy?

Thank you Tricia for your kind words!

Just like so many others, when the first news report December 26, 1996 came out about a missing child, which soon followed with the report of a murdered child, JonBenet became a part of a journey to find out who could have done such a horrible thing to a little girl. The circumstances were so strange. When the amount of the ransom was released it was such an insignificant amount I thought it had to be kids. Only a child would think that was a lot of money, but why such an uneven amount? Anyone who has followed this case can remember that with each bit of news the more curious this case seemed. The Ramsey behavior initially seemed odd, and over time seemed downright criminal.

Soooooo, almost 6 years later and with a lot of help/encouragement from my friends, Tricia, Delmar, Elle, Thor, and ACandyRose, I sorted through several hundred news stories, excerpts from books, and tried to put it all into one place. One of my internet friends, Mumra, came up with the title.

I am estimating that from the time I started putting ideas down on paper until I sent the book to a self publisher was about five or six months. It’s the first thing you work on in the morning, what you work on during your lunch hour, and the last thing you work on at night. It really consumes you, you are never sure what you have is good enough, and it’s a big relief when you finally pull the trigger and send it to the publisher.

The other two victims who are mentioned in the book, Matthew Margolies & Valerie Percy, were two other cases I became interested in because of two forum friends. There was not as much information available about their murders but it just felt right to include them. You never know when someone might just know something of value.

No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man. -Heraclitus Fragments c. 500 BC

Thank you Tricia for your kind words!

Just like so many others, when the first news report December 26, 1996 came out about a missing child, which soon followed with the report of a murdered child, JonBenet became a part of a journey to find out who could have done such a horrible thing to a little girl. The circumstances were so strange. When the amount of the ransom was released it was such an insignificant amount I thought it had to be kids. Only a child would think that was a lot of money, but why such an uneven amount? Anyone who has followed this case can remember that with each bit of news the more curious this case seemed. The Ramsey behavior initially seemed odd, and over time seemed downright criminal.

Soooooo, almost 6 years later and with a lot of help/encouragement from my friends, Tricia, Delmar, Elle, Thor, and ACandyRose, I sorted through several hundred news stories, excerpts from books, and tried to put it all into one place. One of my internet friends, Mumra, came up with the title.

I am estimating that from the time I started putting ideas down on paper until I sent the book to a self publisher was about five or six months. It’s the first thing you work on in the morning, what you work on during your lunch hour, and the last thing you work on at night. It really consumes you, you are never sure what you have is good enough, and it’s a big relief when you finally pull the trigger and send it to the publisher.

The other two victims who are mentioned in the book, Matthew Margolies & Valerie Percy, were two other cases I became interested in because of two forum friends. There was not as much information available about their murders but it just felt right to include them. You never know when someone might just know something of value.

No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man. -Heraclitus Fragments c. 500 BC

Good for you, it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to produce a book. Am I correct in thinking you didn't talk to anyone actually "involved in this case"? If I was trying to pull together everything I have learned about this case from books and forums it would take me forever!
I am assuming you are RDI?

Good for you, it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to produce a book. Am I correct in thinking you didn't talk to anyone actually "involved in this case"? If I was trying to pull together everything I have learned about this case from books and forums it would take me forever!
I am assuming you are RDI?

No, I never spoke to anyone directly involved in the case. It was the inconsistent statements that had me scratching my head so that was the reason I began to save and compare what was said over time.

What the Ramseys said in their book, what was in Schiller's, Thomas', and Wecht's books. What the newspapers reported. What was on the net that was later pulled like Patsy's interview and the White's counsel statements. I believed that I had read on an on-line news report about the mystery hair being Patsy's and then later that was just plain gone. I was keeping a list of items that were supposedly pointing to an intruder being checked off the list as solved go down to the final unidentified blood spot. There were many things that happened after the book was done that could be added to it now.

I was not a solid RDI for a long time.

With Christmas coming up ( can't believe I am saying Christmas already) I have a wonderful idea for a gift. A great stocking stuffer.

Peggy Lakin wrote a fantastic book with Delmar England about the Ramsey case called. "Journey Beyond Reason." I'm telling you if you have someone in your life that wants the facts this is a great book and it's only $4.99

You can buy it here:

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/36622

and here: http://www.ebookstand.com/m/peggylakin/
(if this link doesn't get you to Peggy's book just type in "jonbenet" in the search box and it will bring it up.)

I'm going to ask Peggy to come and post about writing this book, why she decided to write it, how long did it take, and all that good stuff.

So here you go. While we wait for Super Dave's book we can enjoy Peggy's.

Tricia

Delmar England....what an intelligent and passionate writer he was....looking forward to the book Peggy :)

I bought a nook so I could read 2 books Tricia has listed here for JB. So looking forward to reading. Thanks for posting the link!

I'm almost finished reading this and wanted to share Peggy's thoughts with you but there is a lot of repeat so I will go back and reread and get you caught on her take of the RDI theory. I will say this, she is appalled by everyone involved that this case is so obvisouly covered up and the people in charge turn and look the other way.

This book in my opinion isn't worth the money spent on it. I learned nothing new. There are so, so many misprints of words you have to read between the lines. Mostly it is a book for the misinformed leading to links to visit for information about the case.

Well Tricia did say it's for people who want the facts, so that may not mean anything knew for most of us here. Give it as a gift perhaps. Maybe to John Ramsey, you know, cos he seems a little short on the facts ;)

I appreciate any effort in trying to get information out to the public at large in regards to this case. Kudo's to the author's bravery in trying to do so. Lynn Wood would be reason alone to never attempt such an effort!

I bought a Nook for this book and another book Trisha recommended on terrorist's. The terrorsit book was great. And don't get me wrong I appreciate the kudos to FFJ and Websleuths by Ms. Lakin, but is was a hard read. Just giving a heads up in case anyone wanted to purchase. It would be for people that needed direction and simple facts about the case. She doesn't hold back; I will definately give her that!

Well Tricia did say it's for people who want the facts, so that may not mean anything knew for most of us here. Give it as a gift perhaps. Maybe to John Ramsey, you know, cos he seems a little short on the facts ;)

KNEW? What on Earth was I smoking this morning!

Does the book put all the inconsistent statements together in an organized way? If so., it would be great to have them in one place to be able to compare and maybe see even more inconsistencies.

Does the book put all the inconsistent statements together in an organized way? If so., it would be great to have them in one place to be able to compare and maybe see even more inconsistencies.

She makes a lot of important points. She is all the way RDI theorist. If you aren't caught up on the basic facts about this case than by all means read it.
She gives insites into the obvious.

I've tried to find his book on my iPad but iBooks is not recognising it not even when I put in jonbenet Ramsey in. Help please

I've tried to find his book on my iPad but iBooks is not recognising it not even when I put in jonbenet Ramsey in. Help please

I couldn't get it via iBooks, either, so I ordered it on Amazon, close to a year ago.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back