Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: MD - AMBER ALERT: William McQuain, 11, Germantown, 30 September 2011

I don't show an arrest at Vinelink or in Charlotte, NC, Mecklenberg county for Curtis Lopez?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    I don't show an arrest at Vinelink or in Charlotte, NC, Mecklenberg county for Curtis Lopez?
    http://www.wjla.com/articles/2011/10...ing-67807.html

The suspect, who sources say is the boy's father, was arrested on a Maryland warrant for murder.

It says he was arrested on a Maryland warrant...would be he booked there then transferred?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miziree For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    I don't either surfie
    This bee my opinion

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2011/10...formstory67807

one of the comments say she was on Vaca, when she didn't return to work they called police.

fwiw

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Miziree View Post

The suspect, who sources say is the boy's father, was arrested on a Maryland warrant for murder.

It says he was arrested on a Maryland warrant...would be he booked there then transferred?
    Was he arrested for a previous murder warrant?

I think I read that wrong, but not sure?
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 10-13-2011 at 03:32 PM. Reason: to add

tarabull is online now Sometimes learning is finding out what we already know.
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    http://www.gazette.net/article/20111...mplate=gazette

amazing that no one noticed them missing sooner
    If they were expected to be away on vacation it could make sense however some might say strange to remove your child from school for 2 weeks vaca so soon after the new school year just started....

Of course, not unheard of - people do it.
    KINDLY NOTE: Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy any post made by me.
    Further, my posts are merely my humble opinion unless otherwise supported by a linked source for back-up. Thank you.

"It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover." - Henri Poincare

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

In other cases I have followed, yes they have been booked where arrested and then extradited to the state in which the murder occurred, BUT I am thinking that some other crimes occurred along the way, i.e. Samuel Littleton.

So, I'm on record as not being sure.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

Police in Montgomery County refused to release police records on Jane McQuain relating to multiple incidences of assault, resisting arrest, disturbing the peace, disorderly house, and other complaints at her home. Police said the details of the records are part of the ongoing probe.

Court records indicate that McQuain was charged with assault multiple times in incidences involving Ronald McCombs, who identified himself to ABC News as McQuain's ex-boyfriend. McCombs said he was acquainted with McQuain for 12 years, but now lives in Nebraska. He could not offer any other details at this time.

Jane McQuain's brother and sister-in-law declined to comment on the case when reached at their home.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/mom-killed-...ry?id=14730592

(((aside: okay.... which one of you sleuthers got an abc gig LOL))))
    This bee my opinion

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

hmmmm....here it says:
    "A person of interest is in custody in Charlotte, N.C"
    http://wusa9.com/news/article/170868...-In-Germantown

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Miziree For This Useful Post:

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    I checked Charlotte/Mecklenburg police department and they no longer give online access to arrest records (unlike the sheriff's department).

http://charmeck.org/city/charlotte/c...s/records.aspx

I think I have this correct - let me know if I'm missing something.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

I hope LE has his private parts in a vice right now getting him to talk.

Am I allowed to say that?

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tarabull View Post
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Oh my. I haven't been out of the house today, but when I go out to run my errands tomorrow, I will certainly keep my eyes open for this little man.

Bless his little heart, I hope he is safe.
    "I've always found brilliance untempered by failure is purely arrogance, but brilliance that has overcome failure can be truly useful to your fellow man." ~~~Paul Zuckerman, Attorney at Law

All posts are my opinion only.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cleo612 For This Useful Post:

I had not considered him William's daddy.

Waiting on the official word.
    http://www.wtop.com/?nid=41&sid=2589878

Police believe the suspect is the boy's father, Curtis Lopez. He was arrested in Charlotte, N.C.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Miziree For This Useful Post:

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    I had not considered him William's daddy.

Waiting on the official word.
    Hmmm... I saw this:

Police believe the suspect is the boy's father, Curtis Lopez. He was arrested in Charlotte, N.C.

ETA: Jinx, Mizeree!

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    I checked Charlotte/Mecklenburg police department and they no longer give online access to arrest records (unlike the sheriff's department).

http://charmeck.org/city/charlotte/c...s/records.aspx

I think I have this correct - let me know if I'm missing something.
    I looked here: http://arrestinquiryweb.co.mecklenbu...stInquiry.aspx

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

Gotta go pick up my kids from school. I hope there is good news when I return, and not bad news.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

Maybe the father took the child to one of his friends or relatives for safe keeping?

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:

I did, too. But that's the sheriff's department. The police department say they no longer release records online. I could be missing something...?

35. The Following User Says Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

Hmmm... I saw this:

ETA: Jinx, Mizeree!
    one of the articles also said he is her husband
    This bee my opinion

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    one of the articles also said he is her husband
    I saw that also, and I think I saw another one that said estranged ex-husband... Since they quoted a boyfriend in one of the articles, I'm assuming this is an ex and the "husband" is just bad reporting. MOO

(Now, I really do need to get my kids - bbl!)

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

VineLink is notorious for sometimes being several hours behind in updating. A few years ago, I had a neighbor that was arrested, held in booking for several hours, and then released on his own recognizance before his name ever appeared on VineLink.
    "I've always found brilliance untempered by failure is purely arrogance, but brilliance that has overcome failure can be truly useful to your fellow man." ~~~Paul Zuckerman, Attorney at Law

All posts are my opinion only.

41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cleo612 For This Useful Post:

Jane McQuain's husband, Curtis Lopez, is in custody in Charlotte. He is not William's biological father, Collins reported.
    http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...131775383.html
    This bee my opinion

43. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

The good thing is it seems that the Police are on top of this. I'm hoping the boy will be at a relative's house, or maybe he saw something, scared, and ran-away, hiding somewhere.

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:

tarabull is online now Sometimes learning is finding out what we already know.

Thank you!

I see that now, I had my wires all crossed, making coffee now....eye yey yey!!!!!
    KINDLY NOTE: Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy any post made by me.
    Further, my posts are merely my humble opinion unless otherwise supported by a linked source for back-up. Thank you.

"It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover." - Henri Poincare

47. The Following User Says Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

I did, too. But that's the sheriff's department. The police department say they no longer release records online. I could be missing something...?
    At least here in Harris County, Texas, if the city police pick you up, you are still going to the county jail for a charge as serious as murder (in which case you would still show up in the sheriff database). Of course, they could be holding him at the local PD office waiting to transfer him to county for processing ? Not sure how it works in NC.

49. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast