863 users online (125 members and 738 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

AL - Cherri Dawson, 31, pregnant, Auburn, 8 Oct 2011

Authorities in east Alabama need the public's assistance finding a missing pregnant woman from Auburn.

Cheri Dawson, 31, has been reported missing by friends and family since Saturday October 8th.

Investigators say her car was found burning near LaFayette, AL on County Road 95.

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/1567834...-found-burning
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 11-01-2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Changed spelling of Cherri's first name

Where was the father of her child at this time? First thing that comes to mind...sadly.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Oh doesn't sound good. Hope she is found safe and quickly!

AL - Cherri Dawson, 31, Auburn, 8 Oct 2011 - 5 Months Pregnant

Auburn Police and Chambers County Deputies are working together to help find missing 31 year old Cherri Dawson of Auburn. Dawson was last seen October 8th. The pregnant mother is described as being about 5’4”, 140 pounds, with dark hair and hazel eyes.

“She would always let me know she's okay and I know something is badly wrong because this is not like her,” said Charlotte Barnes, an aunt of Dawson.

Barnes said she suspects foul play in the disappearance of her niece.

“The phone call that she was on before she left, my mom said it was very troubling and the last thing she said was I’m on my way up there,” said Barnes.

After that, Barnes said it was as if Dawson a mother of a seven year old boy and 5 months pregnant with a girl fell off the earth.

“It's kind of like she was here one minute and the next minute she's gone. No phone calls, no texts, not anything and we just don't know what happened to her,” said Barnes.

All investigators have been able to find is the car Dawson was last seen in. The car was found burned Sunday around 5 a.m. eastern time on County Road 95 in Chambers County. Barnes said the findings have made her fear the worst.

Snipped: http://www2.oanow.com/news/2011/oct/...p--ar-2552094/ (Photo at link)

Barnes says her niece is a hard worker and has served in the Army with one deployment to Afghanistan. Now, her aunt says Dawson is a member of the Army Reserve, is kind, and loves family. The worried family begs for anyone's help to find the missing woman
    Snipped: http://www.wsfa.com/story/15681735/2...-begs-for-help (video with her family at link)

UGHHHHHH first instinct is Who is the father of the baby she is pregnant with and does he have an alibi for when she went missing The fact the car is burned leads me to think her and her precious baby are not ok

Quote Originally Posted by peeples View Post
    UGHHHHHH first instinct is Who is the father of the baby she is pregnant with and does he have an alibi for when she went missing The fact the car is burned leads me to think her and her precious baby are not ok
    Exactly. The #1 question here is, and was, where is the father.

On Tuesday, a missing person report was filed for Cherri N. Dawson, 31, of Auburn by her employer.

Dawson was last seen on Saturday at her grandmother’s Auburn home, Chief Dawson said.
    Snipped: http://www2.oanow.com/news/2011/oct/...an-ar-2551188/

Family of missing pregnant woman asks community for help

snipped...
    ...I think somebody killed her and I think they did away with her body,” said Barnes.

Barnes said she's staying as hopeful as she can and praying to God somebody has some answers.

“If there is a person out there who's involved with it and has any type of conscious, you have any type of God in you please go to police for her sons sake, her sisters sake, her family on both sides, please go to the police and let us have closure,” said Barnes.
    [video at link]
    Don't believe EVERYTHING you think.

photo attached
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the photo Tarabull. Co. Rd. 95, where the car was found looks to be about 30 minutes NNE of Auburn....and there's not a lot there. So the person who torched this vehicle either walked home, or had some help.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Eyes View Post
    Thanks for the photo Tarabull. Co. Rd. 95, where the car was found looks to be about 30 minutes NNE of Auburn....and there's not a lot there. So the person who torched this vehicle either walked home, or had some help.
    NP

I couldn't find it on a map any chance you or someone else can provide a link?

tia

(ETA: found it! lafayette AL i was looking in auburn - duho! i don't know if this will work but giving it a whirl: http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=32....62&form=LMLTCC)
    Last edited by tarabull; 10-13-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Wow, I live extremely close to where the car was found. I wonder if any searches are planned or if I could help in any way? I agree the burned car is not a good sign

Quote Originally Posted by tarabull View Post
    NP

I couldn't find it on a map any chance you or someone else can provide a link?

tia

(ETA: found it! lafayette AL i was looking in auburn - duho! i don't know if this will work but giving it a whirl: http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=32....62&form=LMLTCC)
    Works for me! Thanks, I stink with maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcyline View Post
    Wow, I live extremely close to where the car was found. I wonder if any searches are planned or if I could help in any way? I agree the burned car is not a good sign
    Darcyline, in your opinion, how long could a burnt out car sit there before someone would come across it. I think they said it was found around 5am. What is traffic like in this area at night? TIA.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast