TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #30

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

image_thumb
image_thumb

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3
Thread #4

Thread #5
Thread #6

Thread #7
Thread #8

Thread #9
Thread #10

Thread #11
Thread #12

Thread #13
Thread #14

Thread #15
Thread #16

Thread #17
Thread #18

Thread #19
Thread #20

Thread #21
Thread #22

Thread #23
Thread #24

Thread #25

Thread #26

Thread #27
Thread #28

Thread #29
-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.

-It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.

-If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter):
Rules Etiquette & Information

Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Holly Bobo Map
Created by Hollye Thanks!

Some blog sites are not allowed to be linked to because of so many rumors being posted on them. Please pm a Mod if its not posted below to see if they are allowed.

The following blog sites are allowed to be linked to:
Case Signal (BeanE's site)
Val - The Hinky Meter
Amandareckonwth's case archive site - Crankycrankerson
Patty G's Video Library site

Please continue here!

My opinions only, no facts here:

I have followed this case closely and I feel that the latest press releases are like Autumn leaves falling from the trees, further obscuring the ground searches and befuddling my fellow sleuths. The most recent timeline is not of investigative use, UNLESS the authorities verify it. Have the police verified this timeline? But there are two critical questions that I wish to ask of my buddies here: were the tracking dogs employed the same day that Holly disappeared? Is there any OFFICIAL report as to whether the dogs tracked scent into the woods or stopped short of the woods?

I ask this so as to clear up some misconceptions. Dogs can track much more effectively in the woods than in a city. The more undergrowth, the better. I could care less if neighbors are tramping around- even a mediocre dog could track a single scent through that. What and when the dogs did and smelled are key to this case. Does anybody have facts regarding this?

My opinions only, no facts here:

I have followed this case closely and I feel that the latest press releases are like Autumn leaves falling from the trees, further obscuring the ground searches and befuddling my fellow sleuths. The most recent timeline is not of investigative use, UNLESS the authorities verify it. Have the police verified this timeline? But there are two critical questions that I wish to ask of my buddies here: were the tracking dogs employed the same day that Holly disappeared? Is there any OFFICIAL report as to whether the dogs tracked scent into the woods or stopped short of the woods?

I ask this so as to clear up some misconceptions. Dogs can track much more effectively in the woods than in a city. The more undergrowth, the better. I could care less if neighbors are tramping around- even a mediocre dog could track a single scent through that. What and when the dogs did and smelled are key to this case. Does anybody have facts regarding this?

According to Mark Fuhrman , the dogs did not track her to the woods. It is said he spoke with an LE dispatcher type person and she relayed that information.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4661350/frustration-mounts-in-search-for-holly-bobo

This was an interview done in the first few days. Mark makes a good point. You need to rewind to the day before. Who saw her that morning and the night before. Dana says he spoke to her through a closed bdrm door and she told him she wanted money which he offered. He said he left it for her.

Karen says she made her lunch and put Holly's breakfast in the microwave and then left for work.

This was an interview done in the first few days. Mark makes a good point. You need to rewind to the day before. Who saw her that morning and the night before. Dana says he spoke to her through a closed bdrm door and she told him she wanted money which he offered. He said he left it for her.

Karen says she made her lunch and put Holly's breakfast in the microwave and then left for work.

Karen said she saw Holly sitting at the dining room table.

"I leave the house to go to school at around 7," Karen said. "And by that point (Holly) had already gotten up, put her clothes on and was sitting at the dining room table. I fixed her lunch and stuck her breakfast in the microwave, and I left for school."

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...y-Bobo-s-abduction?odyssey=mod_sectionstories

And Clint saw her with camo guy at 7:50 or shortly thereafter.

The scream.

Does the neighbour ever say it was a woman's scream? The latest article says he heard a scream coming from the Bobo home but I have to look back to see if he ever mentions it was a woman's scream. It could have been a guy (??)

My mind is way too cynical to deal with this on an open thread.

The scream.

Does the neighbour ever say it was a woman's scream? The latest article says he heard a scream coming from the Bobo home but I have to look back to see if he ever mentions it was a woman's scream. It could have been a guy (??)

Heck, I just heard he did go over to the Bobo house. What time was that? With all these people around, how the heck did the abductior get away with Holly?

It would have been easier for the abductor to pull his car into the carport and wait for Holly. Pick her up, throw her in his car and drive away. All this walking around on land and forests seems crazy.

Where was Clint's car? Was it in the stall or in the front of the house? He sees them kneeling, sitting in the carport. That would be the time I would have walked over to them to see what was going on. At 7:40 in the am, kneeling on the ground is highly unusual...but then again, I don't live in "Shoot first and ask questions later country".

The scream was never identified if it was female or male. Everyone assumed it was Holly because she's the one missing. Also, LE is focused to the area near the home and anyone hunting that day in the area could be a suspect.

I wonder if the neighbour heard more than a scream? Did he hear gunshots? Maybe it was never reported but LE must have this guy's statement. Is that why Karen panicked? Is that why her friend cried? Is that why the teacher knew what happened? Hearing a gunshot and a scream would make anyone think the worse.

Heck, I just heard he did go over to the Bobo house. What time was that? With all these people around, how the heck did the abductior get away with Holly?

It would have been easier for the abductor to pull his car into the carport and wait for Holly. Pick her up, throw her in his car and drive away. All this walking around on land and forests seems crazy.

Where was Clint's car? Was it in the stall or in the front of the house? He sees them kneeling, sitting in the carport. That would be the time I would have walked over to them to see what was going on. At 7:40 in the am, kneeling on the ground is highly unusual...but then again, I don't live in "Shoot first and ask questions later country".

If the dogs didn't pick up her scent then I have a huge problem with Clint's version of seeing them walk side by side into the woods. I'm already questioning the ridiculous timeline. There is no way all of what he says happened that morning took place in 10 minutes or less.

The friend spoke to Holly shortly after 7 am after Karen left. There are no other non family witnesses after the last phone call between Holly and her friend. I'm including Drew as family.

Yeah we don't know where Clint's car was parked. Does he have one?

If the "kidnapper" hurt/killed Holly in the garage and this was a stranger abduction, he would've left her there. Why would he take an injured or dead Holly into the woods? Makes no sense.

If the dogs didn't pick up her scent then I have a huge problem with Clint's version of seeing them walk side by side into the woods. I'm already questioning the ridiculous timeline. There is no way all of what he says happened that morning took place in 10 minutes or less.

The friend spoke to Holly shortly after 7 am after Karen left. There are no other non family witnesses after the last phone call between Holly and her friend. I'm including Drew as family.

BBM:
Question: n/t- are you a dog handler, trainer or LE K9 worker? TIA.

BBM:
Question: n/t- are you a dog handler, trainer or LE K9 worker? TIA.

I didn't realize we had to be one to post an opinion. Are dog handlers the only ones allowed to post about dogs? I've followed cases where dogs were used. Scent dogs, tracking dogs, cadaver dogs and even psychic dogs. I don't have to be an expert to know what these dogs do, how they're trained.

BTW...in this case, I believe the dog (s) more than I believe Clint's version.

Maybe I'll ask a mod if an opinion can only be posted by a professional poster.

I didn't realize we had to be one to post an opinion. Are dog handlers the only ones allowed to post about dogs? I've followed cases where dogs were used. Scent dogs, tracking dogs, cadaver dogs and even psychic dogs. I don't have to be an expert to know what these dogs do, how they're trained.

I think Oriah just asked the question- didn't draw any judgment or make any implications.
You made a valid statement-Oriah asked a valid question.
I think it is all good. :)

I think Oriah just asked the question- didn't draw any judgment or make any implications.
You made a valid statement-Oriah asked a valid question.
I think it is all good. :)

Thank you. IMO, it was a condescending question and not the first time I've been challenged. I've been challeged about SAR teams as well. I'll just skip and scroll from now on. Thanks :seeya:

No, you are misunderstanding I think. I actually wanted to know if you were. Opinions I believe are free to be posted by all as long as they are within TOS.

Misunderstandings happen with the written word all the time. let's get back on topic. Thanks all.

Thank you. IMO, it was a condescending question and not the first time I've been challenged. I've been challeged about SAR teams as well. I'll just skip and scroll from now on. Thanks :seeya:
It was not intended as a condescending question, n/t.
I asked because I know how scent work works from a professional standpoint; and was wanting to clarify how the dog(s) used in Holly's case may have not picked up her scent if she was seen headed in a certain direction, under certain weather conditions, in the time frame, using a certain type of dog...etc.

Sorry if you were offended by my question. Again- not my intention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth