One of Warren Jeffs 78 Wives Escapes Compound

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/14/us/texas-warren-jeffs/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Authorities: Wife of Warren Jeffs flees church compound
By Gary Tuchman, CNN
updated 5:29 AM EST, Fri October 14, 2011

(CNN) -- One of the 78 wives of jailed polygamist sect leader Warren Jeffs left the Arizona compound of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints this week and is receiving medical treatment at a shelter, authorities said.

The woman, who is not being named by the Washington County, Utah, Sheriff's Department because she's considered a victim of abuse, was taken to the shelter after a tense standoff with church members on Monday....

I wonder if she'll tell the police everything that goes on there. I hope so.

Maybe not. She went to another FLDS person first, the police got involved because of the confrontation with other church members.

If he has 78 wives and is going to be in jail for life, I imagine that there is some pressure in the community to start re-distributing the wives since they have to be in short supply due to the nature of their religion. I expect that is what all this is about.

Maybe not. She went to another FLDS person first, the police got involved because of the confrontation with other church members.

If he has 78 wives and is going to be in jail for life, I imagine that there is some pressure in the community to start re-distributing the wives since they have to be in short supply due to the nature of their religion. I expect that is what all this is about.

The guy she ran to had been expelled by Jeffs and she knew he wouldn't try to return her. She knew she could trust him. JMO

I hope she tells as well. She ran away barefoot. Things must be very bad for her to run away barefoot. And here I thought things were getting better.

As we have seen, splitting from the group seems like death and damnation to these people. Thus, this lady must have been in dire, dire straits.

BTW, the 78 wives are still followers of Jeffs. The group still believes he is the prophet. No way will those ladies be redistributed. However, these women must be going nuts now that they don't even have Jeffs around to use to increase rank. So now tensions between them must be even higher. That lady may have been threatened with death, or God knows what.

She must have kids. Wonder where they are?

Well, Gitana - you called it on this one! They will not re-distribute Jeff's wives - instead no one will have sex until he is released. No more is "procreating the church" the reason for polygamy - wow the very reason FLDS continued to practice is now not allowed? The very thing that FLDS fought so hard for because it was sanctioned by God is no longer in "God's favor"?

Banned toys, banned bicycles, banned sexual relations . . . . what does this Man get in return for all of his Power and Control? More power and Control! If he continues to reign supreme over his "followers" - why can't it be stopped? He is continuing to harm others, take away their basic human rights, bullying, intimidation, and total allegience (sic?) to the "False Prophet". Makes me physically sick!

Video @ link

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=19101493

The stuff is stranger than fiction.
I wonder if those marshalls are getting paid somehow by Jeff's people.
Why would you enforce that , if not ?

Moment woman who escaped Warren Jeffs' FDLS cult was reunited with children as she tells how married members are BANNED from having sex

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-hold-hands-THREE-SECONDS.html#ixzz2JMYg9ATU

Thanks Blondie for this info!!! Great update. Coupled with the recent news (another thread) of long-imprisoned forced, child bride Ruby Jessop's escape with her six kids, this is great news.

The stuff is stranger than fiction.
I wonder if those marshalls are getting paid somehow by Jeff's people.
Why would you enforce that , if not ?

The marshalls are all FLDS elders. They are members of the sect and do Jeff's bidding. I do not understand why the federal government doesn't dismantle the police force and put outsiders in there instead. It's like a little Taliban in the United States.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back