970 users online (191 members and 779 guests)  

Websleuths News

4-year-old Boy Drives Mom's Car, Crashes

How is this even possible! LOL

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...tory?track=rss

FULLERTON, Calif. (KTLA) -- An investigation is under way in Fullerton after a 4-year-old boy took his mother's car for a joyride and eventually flipped the vehicle and crashed, police said.

snip

Investigators say the child drove along State College Boulevard during rush-hour traffic, sideswiped another vehicle, crossed into oncoming traffic, and rolled the vehicle. The car landed on its tires, and the boy continued for about a third of a mile before slamming into trees, police said.

I used to work on St. College in Fullerton back in the 80s and it was busy then! I can't even imagine how this could have happened without killing someone!

This little boy is lucky to be alive. The Summit House restaurant is located on Bastanchury Rd. To get to St College it is all rolling hills and he could have rolled that SUV anywhere down those hills. The traffic at 4:00 is not only busy, the cars go at least 50 mph down that hill to St College! Someone was watching out for that little man!
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

Very lucky no one was hurt badly. Glad the little one will be okay, though I am sure he will be a while getting over the scare.

This will be my DGS someday. I just know it. He is only 17 mos. old right now, and he Has. No. Fear.

LOL I am already concerned.

i'm so confused about how this is possible. if the child was saw standing on the seat, then how was the gas peddle being pushed? i'm confused
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

Quote Originally Posted by Angels_Not_Forgotten View Post
    i'm so confused about how this is possible. if the child was saw standing on the seat, then how was the gas peddle being pushed? i'm confused
    It was all downhill?

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Once my cousin got out of her car, left it running and her twins locked the doors and took over. They did not go very far before they hit another car. Kids are really curious about driving.

My DH found out the hard way that our young boys 3 and 4 know how to start Moms Excursion! The keys were in the console, the boys were sitting in the truck watching a movie while we were standing 10 Ft away watching their brothers football game. Thank goodness we were right there because I have no doubt that they would have managed to drive it somehow. They managed to get the keys, select the correct one, and start the truck! We have since institued much safer key handling procedures. All keys are clipped onto an adult while out and about, or if we are home for the night all keys are put up safely out of reach and out of sight for curious little boys. Our first 3 children were not nearly as mischeivious as the 2 youngest. They are getting craftier as we get older lol

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    It was all downhill?
    Yes, from where she got out to make a pjone call at the restaurant, to get to St College it is all rolling hills downhill..That's why he is a very lucky little boy!
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

Thanks! I wasn't doubting it happened just wondered how in the world the little guy pulled it off! So glad it didn't have a different outcome!
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~