4-year-old Boy Drives Mom's Car, Crashes

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
How is this even possible! LOL

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-boy-drives-car-fullerton,0,3358913.story?track=rss

FULLERTON, Calif. (KTLA) -- An investigation is under way in Fullerton after a 4-year-old boy took his mother's car for a joyride and eventually flipped the vehicle and crashed, police said.

snip

Investigators say the child drove along State College Boulevard during rush-hour traffic, sideswiped another vehicle, crossed into oncoming traffic, and rolled the vehicle. The car landed on its tires, and the boy continued for about a third of a mile before slamming into trees, police said.

I used to work on St. College in Fullerton back in the 80s and it was busy then! I can't even imagine how this could have happened without killing someone!

:gasp:

This little boy is lucky to be alive. The Summit House restaurant is located on Bastanchury Rd. To get to St College it is all rolling hills and he could have rolled that SUV anywhere down those hills. The traffic at 4:00 is not only busy, the cars go at least 50 mph down that hill to St College! Someone was watching out for that little man!

Very lucky no one was hurt badly. Glad the little one will be okay, though I am sure he will be a while getting over the scare.

This will be my DGS someday. I just know it. He is only 17 mos. old right now, and he Has. No. Fear.

LOL I am already concerned.

i'm so confused about how this is possible. if the child was saw standing on the seat, then how was the gas peddle being pushed? i'm confused :(

Once my cousin got out of her car, left it running and her twins locked the doors and took over. They did not go very far before they hit another car. Kids are really curious about driving.

My DH found out the hard way that our young boys 3 and 4 know how to start Moms Excursion! The keys were in the console, the boys were sitting in the truck watching a movie while we were standing 10 Ft away watching their brothers football game. Thank goodness we were right there because I have no doubt that they would have managed to drive it somehow. They managed to get the keys, select the correct one, and start the truck! We have since institued much safer key handling procedures. All keys are clipped onto an adult while out and about, or if we are home for the night all keys are put up safely out of reach and out of sight for curious little boys. Our first 3 children were not nearly as mischeivious as the 2 youngest. They are getting craftier as we get older lol

Thanks! I wasn't doubting it happened just wondered how in the world the little guy pulled it off! So glad it didn't have a different outcome!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back