GUILTY Canada - Marissa Whalen, 2, Fort Erie, Ont, 29 July 2011

matou

#los2188
Reaction score
OMG another case of a mother not reporting the disappearance of her baby and this time the mother is charged with criminal negligence and other charges.

Her two year old daughter was not seen since late July :(

The body of Marissa Whalen has not yet been found, but Niagara Regional Police say the toddler met with foul play.

"At this time, the remains of the deceased have not been located. We will continue to work diligently to accomplish this recovery," said Staff Sgt. Jim Prinsen.

Police say Marissa has been missing since the end of July but they did not receive a report of her disappearance until Saturday.

Arrested Friday and charged with criminal negligence causing death, accessory after the fact to murder and indignity to human remains is Roseanne Whalen. She was held in custody pending a bail hearing Saturday.

On Thursday, police arrested Rainbow E. Hill, 28, also of Fort Erie. She is charged with second-degree murder.

Police say Hill and Whalen are acquaintances.

TWO women charged in this case. WTH???

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/10/14/woman-charged-with-murder-in-disappearance-of-ontario-boy

That sound you hear - it's my mind, reeling.

“Any prior release of information would have significantly hampered our ability to conduct a complete investigation. At this time the remains of the deceased have not been located, we will continue to work diligently to accomplish this recovery.”

Police say they believe members of the public may have relevant information regarding this matter.

As the investigation continues, anyone with any information is asked to contact the NRP’s Major Crime Unit at 905-688-4111, ext. 4251. Information can also be submitted anonymously using Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-222-TIPS, or online at www.niagaratips.com.

http://www.niagarathisweek.com/news/article/1225856--two-women-charged-in-death-of-fort-erie-toddler

Police are tight-lipped about a possible murder investigation being conducted on Third Line on Six Nations Friday.

While the roadway between Chiefswood and Seneca Roads was blocked to everyone but residents and rumours flew about an evacuation or murder, Six Nations Police Chief Glenn Lickers declined to release any information about the investigation.

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3334454

So LE believes the friend killed the girl, but the mother covered it up? I wonder what the relationship is between the mother and friend?

wish they'd release pictures
wth is wrong with people

says 'article not found'?

The article has been updated. They are looking for Marissa on the Six Nations reserve:
FORT ERIE — A 23-year-old Fort Erie mother is charged with criminal negligence causing death in connection with the death of her two-year-old daughter, Marissa Whalen, who hasn't been seen since July. Police also charged a family acquaintance with second-degree murder in the same case.

The search for the body of Marissa Whalen is currently focused on an area within the Six Nations Reserve on 3rd Line, Ohsweken.

Investigators are working with members of the Six Nations Police.

The woman charged with second-degree murder (not the mother) tried to keep her name out of the media. Too bad lady. Kill a kid and everyone will know about it.

Hill made a brief court appearance in St. Catharines Friday afternoon, but was held in custody. Hill requested through a lawyer that her name not be published.

The justice of the peace said she had no authority to make such an order.

Hill was remanded in custody until the charges are dealt with. With murder cases, it is up to the accused to request a bail hearing in a higher court.

The justice of the peace ordered Hill not communicate with three people who are witnesses. Her next appearance is Nov. 1 to update court about whether she has hired a lawyer.

Hill lives on Emerick Avenue in Fort Erie:
No one answered the door at an Emerick Ave. home court documents indicate was where Hill was living.

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3335277

wish they'd release pictures
wth is wrong with people

I'm looking for photos too. I'm not sure if these two women are from the reserve originally. Rainbow is a pretty weird name and I'm wondering if it's an English translation of a Mohawk name. The mother, Roseanne Whalen is 23 and Rainbow E. Hill is 28. I wonder what their connection is since it`s reported that they are acquaintances only. I won`t be surprised if either of these women or both have prior convictions. How does it take over two months for a child to be reported missing....omg.

This is Roseanne Whalen, the mother (image at the link)

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3335305

Here is baby Marissa when she was just born:

1680742.dat

Off to look for the facebook memorial page.

Whalen made a brief court appearance in St. Catharines on Saturday.

Wearing a navy blue Adidas sweat shirt and her dark hair pulled back in a ponytail, the handcuffed young woman stood crying in the prisoner's box as a justice of the peace asked her if she was aware of the charges against her.

"Yes," she cried, nodding her head.

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3335305

People are saying that they are girlfriends-lovers for over a year and that this is being hushed for some reason.

I'm looking for photos too. I'm not sure if these two women are from the reserve originally. Rainbow is a pretty weird name and I'm wondering if it's an English translation of a Mohawk name. The mother, Roseanne Whalen is 23 and Rainbow E. Hill is 28. I wonder what their connection is since it`s reported that they are acquaintances only. I won`t be surprised if either of these women or both have prior convictions. How does it take over two months for a child to be reported missing....omg.

:banghead:Could this possibly be a Caylee Anthony copycat murder?

:banghead:Could this possibly be a Caylee Anthony copycat murder?

This is really such BS and yes, people are saying that this is similar to Casey Anthony like they would actually get away with this. The mom and girlfriend were arrested and now they better tell LE where that baby is. Cops are looking on a Canadian reservation called Six Nations. It`s a pretty large area. Wow, this is unbelievable. The auntie or grandmother must have been asking about Marissa. Come on...almost three months without seeing a cute little toddler. That`s too much. And apparently, there are prior criminal records but I need to find this info.

Great job here, matou. Am reading all with interest and sadness.

I know LE is looking for this baby in Ohswekan Six Nations reserve but I hope Marissa wasn't put in the water above Niagara Falls. There is talk about Chippawa, ON and it is located above the falls. JMO :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back