AR AR - Patricia 'Paty' Guardado, 20, Little Rock, 12 Oct 2011

STEADFAST

Reaction score
Police say Guardado left for class (at University of Arkansas at Little Rock) Wednesday morning from her home just 20 minutes from campus.

"They found her car in the parking lot and she's been missing ever since yesterday morning and no one knows where she's at," says Douglas.

"There is a good possibility there might be foul play involved," says Lt. Terry Hastings with Little Rock Police.
Patty is 5' 2" and 120 lbs.

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/article/176859/2/UALR-student-Patricia-Guardado-is-still-missing

The UALR sophomore went missing on her way to class after parking in a lot behind Burger King University Avenue.
http://arkansasmatters.com/news-fulltext?nxd_id=472507

Friends had suggested police inquire with an ex-boyfriend who had been trying to get back together with Patricia after breaking up two years ago. But according to police, he's fully cooperated in the investigation.
"He didn't show any signs that anything was wrong," Hastings said. "He hasn't been in contact with her, and he cooperated with us. It doesn't seem like he's involved."
http://arkansasmatters.mobi/wap/new...d=333&scid=-1&ith=2&title=News&headtitle=News

Patty's mother, Leonor Garcia, doesn't speak English.

Friends and Family members gathered this morning to search for a UALR student who is still missing.

"She only hangs out with a select few of friends, she likes to keep to herself a lot," says Jabari Douglas.

Police say Guardado left for class Wednesday morning from her home just 20 minutes from campus.

"They found her car in the parking lot and she's been missing ever since yesterday morning and no one knows where she's at," says Douglas.

"There is a good possibility there might be foul play involved," says Lt. Terry Hastings with Little Rock Police.

He says after going all day without hearing from Guardado, her family became worried and called police.

Guardado's family told police she was carrying a $500 check to pay for tuition.

Hastings says they are talking are on campus Friday talking to students but don't have anything new to report at this time. Her cell phone isn't working and they haven't seen her on security camera footage yet.

She is 5'2" and weight 120 pounds with black hair and brown eyes.
Snipped: http://www.todaysthv.com/news/article/176859/2/UALR-student-Patricia-Guardado-is-still-missing (Photo and video at link)

Friends say 20-year-old Patricia Guardado left home at 8:45 Wednesday morning and parked her car in a lot that many students use behind the Burger King off UALR’s campus. However, Guardado never showed up to her classes.

Lt. Terry Hastings with the Little Rock Police Department says there are no new leads in the case.

“We are talking to students and trying to find out if she was on campus and where she might have gone from there,” said Hastings. “We cannot locate her on any video [surveillance] from the college, but right now we just need the public’s help

Snipped: http://www.kuar.org/kuarnews/37721-police-continue-search-for-missing-ualr-student.html

I hope this beautiful young lady is found quickly and safe.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/10/17/ap/business/main20121545.shtml

(AP) LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — A college sophomore who was reported missing last week in central Arkansas was found dead in a pond south of Little Rock, police said Monday.

Authorities ruled the death of 20-year-old Patricia Guardado a homicide after her body was discovered Sunday afternoon in a few feet of water south of Sweet Home, Ark. A cause of death was not immediately released.

"It's incredible that there isn't a single clue or suspect," he said in Spanish.

He said Guardado's family still can't believe that they have to bury such a wonderful young woman.

"She was always working and studying," he said. "She was a good daughter, a good sister, a good niece."

Two men scoping out a place to go fishing spotted Guardado's body in a blue hole. They told authorities that a gate leading to the pond was open, so they headed toward the water.

So sorry, Patricia... May your killer(s) be brought to justice.

That sounds so much like the recent Lai case in Los Angeles ... I might have that wrong ... but there was an Aisian woman that disappeared on her way to campus ... might have been a different city, and I don't know if she was ever found. Annie Lai? I can't remember the name.

Can a mod update this thread to Found deceased? Thanks!

About the $500 'check' she was carrying that day for tuition payment, do we know if it was a personal check written on a bank account or a cashiers check or money order? It is worth exploring who knew she was carrying that $500.

Sometimes the web extends across many connecting dots. Sometimes the word travels from an innocent parent or sibling to a cousin to the cousins babysitter to the babysitters stepsister to the stepsisters boyfriend to the boyfriends buddy who just got out of prison on parole and needs cash. Enough dots to be removed from issues of conscience and hard to track.

In any case, I hope her killer is found and brought to justice.

Relatives Search for Answers

Little Rock Police Lt. Terry Hastings said the 20-year-old's body had been in the water for "some time" before it was recovered Sunday. He wouldn't say exactly how long.

Guardado's death has been ruled a homicide, but police won't say how she was killed, or even how she disappeared. So far, authorities haven't made any arrests or named any suspects.

"It could be someone she knew. It could be a total stranger," Hastings said. "We just don't know at this point."

Snipped: http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/fed849233d504898880cd7d15eed515f/AR--Student-Slain-Arkansas/

Eight-page feature article, published six months after Paty's murder:

The morning Patricia Guardado disappeared — Oct. 12, 2011 — was just like any other Wednesday... around 8:30 a.m., Paty was already out of bed and dressed. Garcia offered to make her lunch, but Patricia said she was already late leaving for her 9 o'clock class. Scheduled to work at the bank that day after school, Patricia was wearing her dress clothes. As she was on the way out the door, Garcia stopped her to admire the woman her daughter had become... "The only thing I remember telling her was: 'What a pretty daughter I have.' She sort of looked embarrassed, and said 'Oh, mom.' She smiled at me, and that was it"...

Police are investigating to see if an attack on a woman at Little Rock's Rave Motion Pictures movie theater on Nov. 20, 2011, is linked to the Guardado murder. That night — a little over a month and less than two miles from where Patricia Guardado's car was found — a woman was leaving the theater just before 8 p.m. when two Latino men, one of whom police say was Crescencio Duran, (a.k.a. Salbador Carillo) of Little Rock, tried to stun her with an electric stun gun and, according to the original incident report, "attempted to grab her." After she managed to break free and crawl under a car, an accomplice — also armed with an electric stun gun — jumped out of a nearby car and also came after her, but the woman's screams alerted passersby who came to her aid, and the two assailants sped away. Carillo, who was in the Pulaski County Jail charged with firing a gun from a car in January, was charged in February with robbery in the Rave case. An internal police flier circulated prior to his arrest said he was "wanted for questioning in regards to the homicide of Patricia Guardado"...

Every Wednesday morning, Garcia drives Patricia's Scion to the lot behind the Burger King across from UALR, parks, then sits there for at least an hour in the place where her daughter disappeared. From behind the wheel, she watches the students come and go with their bags and backpacks, so full of hope and promise. "I sit in the car and try to imagine," she said. "I try to retrace her steps. I still ask myself: how in the hell could my daughter disappear at 8:45 in the morning and nobody saw anything? I can't believe it. I don't believe that's possible."

From October 2014:

http://ualr.edu/news/2014/10/28/banquet-honors-newest-scholarship-winners-endowment/

Anderson used the opportunity to announce that the Patricia Guardado Memorial Scholarship is now fully endowed at UALR. The scholarship is in honor of Ms. Guardado, an Hispanic student at UALR, the victim of a suspected homicide off campus three years ago. The case has not been solved.

I'm really interested in this case. I have been since I heard about it when it initially happened. Does anyone have any recent updates on this story?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back