2011.10.15 Diapers and Backpack found #2

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
Please continue discussion about the diapers and backpack here. Please stay on topic-thanks.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151632"]THREAD 1[/ame]

Diapers, Wipes Found In Abandoned Home In Baby Lisa Search

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City, Mo., police investigators searched an abandoned home near 39th Street and Chouteau Trafficway on Saturday night where used diapers and baby wipes have been found.

Police said a passerby searched the house and notified officers.

snip

"Based on our initial observations, it's nothing we're really going to get excited about," he said. "(The) initial observations were that the diapers had been there a very long time. It just doesn't fit. We're going to do everything we can to make sure that's not the case," he said.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/29498038/detail.html

Please continue discussion about the diapers and backpack here. Please stay on topic-thanks.
THREAD 1

Diapers, Wipes Found In Abandoned Home In Baby Lisa Search

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City, Mo., police investigators searched an abandoned home near 39th Street and Chouteau Trafficway on Saturday night where used diapers and baby wipes have been found.

Police said a passerby searched the house and notified officers.

snip

"Based on our initial observations, it's nothing we're really going to get excited about," he said. "(The) initial observations were that the diapers had been there a very long time. It just doesn't fit. We're going to do everything we can to make sure that's not the case," he said.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/29498038/detail.html

Interesting couple of posts in the comments section associated with this article.

My computer is being crazy this morning and I cannot watch this. Is there anyway that they took some and left some?

That's possible but why not take all of them? LE knows they are being scrutinized in this case. I would have taken all of them so there would be no questions that LE is doing it's job. If this case goes to trial a defense attorney can show this video and say LE had their mind made up from the start and didn't check out other leads just like the crib bedding.

Interesting couple of posts in the comments section associated with this article.

Thanks very much for bringing this to my attention..now I understand the diaper thing.

Wow LE didn't take the diapers. WTH?

That is insane. You can never be sure without testing. Can you just imagine the hay a defense attorney will make of this?

My opinion of KCPD has abruptly fallen

Wow LE didn't take the diapers. WTH?

Guess not. (I think this is the rolled up, used diaper?)

picture.php

http://www.kmbc.com/video/29500175/detail.html#ixzz1axSTKTtP

Didn't they call out crime scene investigators to the house last night? I believe they always video tape potential crime scenes. If there was, for example, months worth of undisturbed dust covering the diapers and other materials in the house and it's caught on tape, I could see not having any reason to take, test and store dirty diapers. Also, if a former owner/resident identified the items as his/hers and it's confirmed, no evidentiary value and I can see a video tape sufficing. Just speculating. MOO.

That's possible but why not take all of them? LE knows they are being scrutinized in this case. I would have taken all of them so there would be no questions that LE is doing it's job. If this case goes to trial a defense attorney can show this video and say LE had their mind made up from the start and didn't check out other leads just like the crib bedding.

I'd love to thing PD didn't take the diapers because the already know who did it, know it's an inside job. But it's hard to believe that when the national guard has been brought in to search.

Yes this will not bode well if ans when this case reaches trial stage. The house is not even a mile from Lisa's house!!

Le could have easily taken the diapers and stored them in case questions come up later about them. Trying to show a jury dust on a video would just make me think that LE was slack especially when you add in the crib bedding that was left at the house. A defense attorney can easily question how LE knew that all the diapers came from the same baby.

I think LE knows who did it. I just don't think they know where they put Lisa.

I think LE knows who did it. I just don't think they know where they put Lisa.

I think LE thinks they know who did it but they don't have the evidence to prove it yet. That's the problem. What if LE is on the wrong track? What if LE is on the right track but the evidence remains sketchy. Leaving behind potential evidence is not going to look good in court.

I think LE thinks they know who did it but they don't have the evidence to prove it yet. That's the problem. What if LE is on the wrong track? What if LE is on the right track but the evidence remains sketchy. Leaving behind potential evidence is not going to look good in court.

I think your right, I think that is the reason why they are SO Hell Bent on finding those Cell Phones.

IMO, LE should have already known there was diapers and stuff in that house. I don't care if they think it was the parents or an intruder, that house should have already been searched, it's not that far away. Are they wanting someone to just tell them where Lisa is?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back