Interviews Lisa's Parents Good Morning America, Fox, The Today Show 10/17/2011 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continue here. Please stay on topic about this shows and your perceptions as a result of watching these interviews. Thanks.

Regarding the new time frame of Lisa going to bed--

I don't think the 6:40pm bed time is odd at all-- seems to me if she had a light nap, or missed her nap all together, it would explain the time-- (maybe even the drinking, eek).

Plus, it's just about dark at that time now... babies fluctuate with the changing light. jmo

Abrams: “How did you realize that Lisa was gone?”
Jeremy: “I, I had come home, and, uh, Deborah had woke, woken up when I got there, and uh, and we talked for a couple minutes, and then, uh, I asked her, you know, what’s going on. And she said what do you mean? And that’s when I told her, you know, the lights, the door, the window, and uh, she kinda jumped up outta bed, like something was wrong, and that was when I, I kinda realized that something might be wrong.

from notmykids transcript

This goes contrary to what they told before. He was supposed to have been asking these questions right away but now they spoke about something else altogether for a few minutes before he remembered to inquire about the signs of potential burglary in the home. :waitasec:

What could have been more important?

Maybe it's a quaint way of saying it took him a couple of minutes of shouting to her until she woke up from her drunken stupor?

SNEAK PEEK: Megyn Kelly’s Revealing Interview With the Parents of Missing Baby Lisa Irwin

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/10/1...-with-the-parents-of-missing-baby-lisa-irwin/

Reporter: Were you drunk?

Deborah: Yeah

I am actually shocked she admitted it publicly. I have to believe that she told LE much earlier on because it would be suicidal to blurt it out just before the GJ meets.

Also wondering how much BS had to do with convincing her to tell the truth on this ..

I don't think the 6:40pm bed time is odd at all-- seems to me if she had a light nap, or missed her nap all together, it would explain the time-- (maybe even the drinking, eek).

Plus, it's just about dark at that time now... babies fluctuate with the changing light. jmo
I could never get mine to sleep at 6:40. Unless I planned to walk the floor all night with a hungry baby. Something is amiss in this case. Still trying to figure out what.

I'd also toss in some consideration for Lisa's being unwell and the possibility that she might not have had regular naps or early bedtime due to the boy's birthday party on Sunday. jmo

If Lisa was standing up in her crib almost an hour later at 7.30 or whatever time it was DB went to check in on her (if she truly did) it sounds to me like she wasn't really tired yet. Maybe she wasn't put to bed as much as to sleep but to stay out of mom's way while mom had better things to do.

I keep coming back to Lisa being sick and wondering if DB gave her meds. My kids are 11 and nearly 16 now but they always have reacted very differently to meds. The least little thing will knock my youngest out. A few weeks ago I gave him a Benadryl after he got stung by a bee before a soccer game and he was literally falling asleep running down the field. My oldest on the other hand reacts like Tigger on meth when given cough meds, Benadryl or anything like that. Anyway, is it possible DB gave Lisa cold meds to put her to sleep so she could enjoy her "adult time" and when it hyped her up instead of having the intended effect she gave her a 2nd dose or tried something stronger (wine? the older boys meds?) and it was too much for her?

I'm just now convinced DB is behind all this but I can't wrap my head around her killing her child on purpose.

I really like the snippet from the FOX interview especially about the neighbor's dog barking.

I'd also toss in some consideration for Lisa's being unwell and the possibility that she might not have had regular naps or early bedtime due to the boy's birthday party on Sunday. jmo
Lisa unwell? Interesting. That's something I've been wondering about. Do you have more info re. this? TIA.

A quick big thanks to the mods. Doing a great and often thankless job. A tip o' my Kangol and a big salute.

I'm also speaking from experience, (although different experience than yours.) I have worked for three different law enforcement agencies in my lifetime (including one in Kansas City) and every one of them were extremely careful and delicate in handling child interviews.

That's why I gave the conditions. If the interview is done right, then it could be helpful. I am just saying that in a (very) similar case to this one, the father was vilified, was the only REAL suspect LE focused on (ignoring other clues), he was actually railroaded into falsely confessing to the crime, etc. In short, LE was sure he killed his baby, and were prepared to do anything to prove it. He didn't and only after HE was cleared (8 months of horrific prison - being incarcerated as a baby killer is what nightmares are made of), and only after his lawyer made an incredible discovery was he freed. And even then, people on message boards were saying that to find the killer, all he had to do was look in the mirror. Only after the real killer was actually found and tied to all the REAL evidence, did some people finally accept that he was innocent.

I am NOT saying this family did not do something - just pointing out that it DOES happen. And, had it not been for a damned good lawyer and some incredible luck, Kevin Fox would probably be on death row today.

ETA: sorry, I am passionate about the Fox case. I forgot to explain how this tied in with interviewing the children. IF LE is absolutely sure that the mom is involved, the children could be manipulated into saying something incriminating, true or not.

Re: Questioning the boys about what they heard that night.
She seems to be the decider on this very important element. The reason she gave for not talking to them about it, or bringing it up was specifically she didn't want to put them through anything.
I have to ask her, what are they not going through now? Her reason, her decision IMO lacks credibility.
IMO, there is a reason she does not want to hear from the kids.

Re: Questioning the boys about what they heard that night.
She seems to be the decider on this very important element. The reason she gave for not talking to them about it, or bringing it up was specifically she didn't want to put them through anything.
I have to ask her, what are they not going through now? Her reason, her decision IMO lacks credibility.
IMO, there is a reason she does not want to hear from the kids.

And if she is that concerned about well being of these children, why was she getting drunk when she was sole caretaker of them since her boyfriend went to work over night?

Fox is on it right now!! If Megan can't get an answer no one can. She is like a pit bull in her interviews. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82