Not open for further replies.

nursebeeme

Reaction score
thread 15:

please continue here after reading the following:

Originally Posted by Salem
Instructions for Chat:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Hello everyone - Welcome to Currently Awaiting Trial.

Please read and thank this post, before posting in the thread. Anyone who doesn't read and thank the post, and then posts, will be given 1 warning to read the post and abide by the rules.

There are special rules that apply to this thread!
1. All discussion of case players must be by initial ONLY.
2. Others rules may be added at any time, depending on legalities, so remember to check this post frequently.

Some things to remember:

If you see a post that violates the TOS - report it by hitting the little red triangle (Alert button) in the upper right corner of the post. If you respond to the post, you will be held accountable as having broken the TOS.

WS does not allow bickering, name calling, snarky or rude remarks. Be aware that posts will be judged on AMERICAN standards, which may be different than those in the UK.

Please Do NOT tell others what to post.

Please Do NOT discuss moderation. If you have a question, PM a mod (you can find them via 'View Forum Leaders') or use the Alert button.

PLEASE use restraint in referring to those who have not been named as suspects and use initials only.
---

X Also, PhillB has done an excellent map of the area in question; it can be referred to here:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased UK - Joanna Yeates, Clifton, Bristol, 17 December 2010 - #3

UPDATED list of persons in discussion list:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased UK - Joanna Yeates Clifton, Bristol, 17 December 2010 - #11

Terrific discussion and sleuthing so far - an incredible amount of work has been done by a good many talented WSers. Welcome to those new to the case! Excellent links to information from media abound within the threads; familiarizing yourself with the case will enhance your understanding of the case discussion.

LINKS TO PREVIOUS THREADS

Websleuths TOS - The Rules You will find Threadequitte tips here also. Please refer to them if you are having trouble stating your opinion without attacking others.

Assigned Mods for this Forum are Salem and fran. Please contact us if you have questions or need help with something.

Thanks,

Salem

Big thanks to nursebeeme ("the best") for the new thread; we were running overlong on #14.

No one else thinking right now, that they were having an affair?

Lots of talk of the perfect couple,
Why did he check TMs emails,
ear ring in the bed.

No sexual violence mentioned last week but no mention of sexual activity.

Posted by brownbread in previous thread

The defence are at some point going to HAVE to set out a plausible explanation as to the events of that night and why he strangled her.

Thing is, I'm not sure they do have to. I think they need to give a believable account of the act of stangulation and they need to show how it could have been "without intent" but I don't think they need to say why he did it.

I don't think they need to provide a motive but I stand to be corrected....

Thing is, I'm not sure they do have to. I think they need to give a believable account of the act of stangulation and they need to show how it could have been "without intent" but I don't think they need to say why he did it.

I don't think they need to provide a motive but I stand to be corrected....

Neither the prosecution nor the defence have to provide a motive. On the other hand if VT does take the stand he will have to answer the question.

[video=youtube;UyhLPBwSxi4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyhLPBwSxi4[/video]

Does anyone else think that one of the other shoppers in Waitrose looks a bit like VT? he appears to look at Jo as she passes, and then discards his trolley?

Why are the police releasing this CCTV now?

Hard to tell, but Trolley Fellow doesn't look a foot taller (6'4" - 5'-4") than Joanna there, quite.

Had he been following her, did he follow her into the store . As soon as he was close to her he left the trolley and presumably left the store did he lie in waiting when she got back to her flat. Looks very much like him to me.

I agree that the trolley guy and VT have a similarities. If police has also noticed it then it wouldnt be problem to find it out as the guy in store seems to be talking to phone. Not a problem to check the list of the calls.

But I start to wonder why there was her green striped jumper inside the rucksack on the dining room table. Isnt it strange that she wore it during her way home and it wouln´t be usual to put the jumper in the bag when arriving home. i would throw it on a bed or sofa but not inside the bag! And why would anyone else do this?

That looks like him to me in Waitrose (and wondered why the police never released the CCTV from there). Looks to me like he does a double take, or at least 'starts' when he sees her and then leaves his trolley and the shop. She looks oblivious. Maybe he has fancied her from a distance (how I don't know as the days are short and they're both at work most days)... and feels uncomfortable being in the same small place. Perhaps she makes him nervous for some reason and this escalates into violence.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, perhaps he is just very shy and didn't feel like talking to her if she recognised him from the flats. I have been known to avoid 'acquaintances' in places like shops when I just haven't the energy to chat. But he could have just hidden down an aisle looking at nappies or something until she left.

I *don't*think they were having an affair. Why would she scream if they were in a relationship? It bugs me that the defence statement says he put his arm around her back, but not *WHY*!!!

The earring thing is confusing matters...

yes, you'd think she'd take her jumper off when she got in as it was freezing and she'd been walking, so presumably the flat would feel too warm when she got in. But me being messy would've just chucked it on the floor or table...

Interesting that the flat seemed quite tidy and it was implied today by Greg that the messiness of the flat was not usual. I got the impression somehow that JY and GR were messy, but I think that might've been speculation by someone on here when talking about what her parents noticed (ie the flat was maybe too tidy).

He sees her and leaves his trolley and walks out does he not? Odd.
Is there a link for the FB discussion page?

No; he leaves the trolley to the side of the aisle and then walks to the left, out of sight. Eventually he comes back within sight, carrying something, heads for the trolley and puts the item into the trolley.

Re Rebecca Scott's testimony today - she said that Jo wanted to come and visit her in Swansea that night. How could she have? Greg had taken her car to Sheffield, they shared it. RS told her the weather was too bad to come (I bet she bitterly regrets that...)

there was also mention of CCTV of greg and jo leaving for work mentioned today, is this posted anyhwere? i cant seem to find it.

Joanna Yeates CCTV - Inside Waitrose - YouTube

Does anyone else think that one of the other shoppers in Waitrose looks a bit like VT? he appears to look at Jo as she passes, and then discards his trolley?

Why are the police releasing this CCTV now?

Jeez. I watched the video before i read your post. I noticed the guy looking at Jo and thought he looked like VT, but i did not notice him discarding the trolley until you pointed it out in your post.
Has this footage never been released before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth