976 users online (168 members and 808 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

How to add a Signature Image Tutorial

Lots of people ask how to add images to their signature. I made a tutorial for this and it can be viewed here:

http://www.websleuths.com/signature_tutorial.htm

(don't mind the typos, I was rushing).

Hey Elf.. this would make a good sticky..

Also as a tip... your image needs to be hosted on the web... I use www.photobucket.com to store images. You can register for a free account and it is very simple to upload photos you save off the net.

Also ~ another tip, make sure in your User CP, Options area, you have enabled images to be displayed in your settings.
    Last edited by Casshew; 11-01-2004 at 09:07 AM.

Great job with the tutorial, Elf! Cassie had already taught me how to do this, but I wanted to check out your image tutorial and I think you did a fabulous job! Kudos to you!

ETA: I second the Sticky nomination! Often times new members want to know how to do this. Good idea, Cass!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

This is wonderful. Have always wanted one, but was to embarrassed to ask how. THANK YOU!

OK. I have a question.

This is the tutorial to add pictures to signatures, right. All I can see are the urls (I think that is the correct term), no images. Why is that? Help!

Holiday Images 4 U

This may sound crazy, but I'm not using a computer, so I don't know if these images will work for you, but it's worth a try for those having trouble finding cute stuff
    http://wtv-zone.com/emma/hoho/christmas.html
    The neat thing is you don't need to have your own "server"----these are free to use.
    good luck--hope it helps
    Misty

ghunnaGuest
    spamming is not allowed
    Last edited by Timex; 12-23-2004 at 04:34 PM. Reason: spam

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    test test test, this is a test. Had it been an actual post, it would have said something worthwhile.

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Hi there.. I use Adobe - but a realy rally old version 2.0 I think!

LOL I have all the other ones... but I am happy with my old one.

Basically you start the program. then look for something like "get photo" where you can pull the image from your hard drive.... then look for 'edit' or 'crop' or 'resize' something like that.

I bet there is a help tutorial if you click it - it will let you search for what you are wanting to do and give instructions.... sorry I can't be of more help, you just have to play with it till you get the hang of it.

Good Luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by tamid
    I just don't know enough about computers to know how to do it! I have been trying... but can't. Would it be possible for someone to do it for me? Sorry for sounding so dumb! I tried to get my daughter to help me but she keeps saying she will and never has the time. She's 18 if that tells you anything.
    How to add a signature image that is....

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    Heya Cass!
    My Microsoft Picture It is ancient as well, but ya know you sortof grow to know a program so well and eventually it's hard to abandon. My little sock monkey picture was edited with MSPI.
    My solution ended up being to change the photo in Photobucket. It allowed me to reduce my photo by 75/50/25%.
    Thanks for all your help.
    Golfmom!
    GolfMom, I started with Picture-It, it's primitive compared to Photoshop. Photoshop is the "Gold Standard" for photo editing. It's worth taking the time to learn. In Photoshop, first look at your Image size under the Image dropdown menu and make it as small as you can(you only need 72dpi resolution for the web), then under the File dropdown menu, find "Save for the Web" and you can further optimize the size of it- use 4-up so you can compare which .jpg looks best without overoptimizing it. You want it to try to load in about 10 sec on a 28.8 computer, that's generally where you get the best optimization.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Lightbulb

[QUOTE=tamid]
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK
    Good job, Tamid, you succeeded in posting a picture, now maybe you can work on sizing it a little bit smaller...[/QUOTE

Thank you... I know and I have been trying to figure out how! I will though just give me time.
    If you have Photoshop, read my post #31 in this thread, I tried to explain how to do it there...
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Is anyone familiar with posting attachments using MSNtv2?

hi

just wanted to see if my picture worked!

I'd rather be at Disneyworld....

test

this is a test
    Maggie

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast