1712 users online (348 members and 1364 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 133
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazza View Post
    I want to change the photos in my siggy, I use photobucket, but cannot remember how to change the piccys in my siggy.

    I know when I put the ones I have there now on, I didnt use the little yellow mountain icon, Im sure I just copied and pasted, but I have been trying to do it without any success. Does anyone have any advice. TIA.
    Go into your "User CP" and on the left hand side you'll see "Edit Signature" or something like that. You'll then see the box like you type in your response to a post. On the upper right corner of that area there is a box with 2 "A"s in it... click that and you'll see the "links" instead of the picture(s).

    Each picture has an "address" of where your pic is stored. The address would be something like: "http://sitenname/picname.gif" - Change the address to reflect whichever pic you want. To view what it'll look like, click that box with the "A"s again...

    I hope I didn't confuse you too bad!

    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,413
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRose99 View Post
    Go into your "User CP" and on the left hand side you'll see "Edit Signature" or something like that. You'll then see the box like you type in your response to a post. On the upper right corner of that area there is a box with 2 "A"s in it... click that and you'll see the "links" instead of the picture(s).

    Each picture has an "address" of where your pic is stored. The address would be something like: "http://sitenname/picname.gif" - Change the address to reflect whichever pic you want. To view what it'll look like, click that box with the "A"s again...

    I hope I didn't confuse you too bad!
    Thanks, I didnt do it that way, but I ended up doing it but dont know how, but your way sounds interesting will try that too, thankyou MagicRose.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    58

    longtime lurker here

    Are the numerous pics going to take up too much bandwidth? or are there not enough members (yet)? Another board I'm a member on had to restrict them.

    Plus, some people have VERY large pics and takes some scrolling just to get to the next message... and to be honest, this gets old fast when the same person posts over & over and the photo/msg has NOTHING to do with anyone missing...

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,389
    Large or numerous sig pics are my pet peeve too... I hate having to scroll past overly large or multi tags just to get to the next post. But, we cannot dictate the size or count as lowly peons... only the mods can. So, we're stuck until if or when limits are placed on sigs.

    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,611
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRose99 View Post
    Large or numerous sig pics are my pet peeve too... I hate having to scroll past overly large or multi tags just to get to the next post. But, we cannot dictate the size or count as lowly peons... only the mods can. So, we're stuck until if or when limits are placed on sigs.
    I don't always put up my signature, I tried grouping most of the images side by side, but that took up more space than the way it is now. I'm sorry if I annoyed anyone, that isn't why my signature is this way.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,206
    [IMG]<a href="http://ult-tex.net/counts/index.cgi">
    <img src="http://ult-tex.net/counts/christmas/bans/30.jpg" width="468" height="60" border="0" alt="Christmas countdown banner"></a>[/IMG]

    This is a test

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,206
    <a href="http://ult-tex.net/counts/index.cgi">
    <img src="http://ult-tex.net/counts/christmas/bans/30.jpg" width="468" height="60" border="0" alt="Christmas countdown banner"></a>
    testing

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,206


    testing

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,189
    testing too !

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,189
    how do I get the pic to show and not the link? anybody?


  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,332
    Quote Originally Posted by j2mirish View Post
    how do I get the pic to show and not the link? anybody?
    Hello j2mirish. To get an image to show in your sig or a post click on the little square yellow icon on the posting bar. It looks like two triangles or mountains against the yellow background. (3rd icon from the end on the posting bar.)

    This should give you a popup into which you paste your image url. Links to images should end in .jpg , .gif , .bmp or .png to show up, example wwwDOTsomewhereDOTcom/myimage.jpg.

    Hope that helps.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,189
    Quote Originally Posted by blaize View Post
    Hello j2mirish. To get an image to show in your sig or a post click on the little square yellow icon on the posting bar. It looks like two triangles or mountains against the yellow background. (3rd icon from the end on the posting bar.)

    This should give you a popup into which you paste your image url. Links to images should end in .jpg , .gif , .bmp or .png to show up, example wwwDOTsomewhereDOTcom/myimage.jpg.

    Hope that helps.
    thanks blaize- i will give it another try

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,332
    Quote Originally Posted by j2mirish View Post
    thanks blaize- i will give it another try
    Welcome j2mirish, hope it works out if not post again & we'll take another bash at it.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,160

    Testing

    Testing signature re-posting
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  15. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,611
    Test, test? What's up with signatures, is there a new rule that we can't have them? *meep*

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Signature help
    By icherish in forum Forum Finesse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 05:42 PM
  2. Signature pic help
    By Ciara in forum Forum Finesse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 10:47 PM