http://denver.rockymountainnews.com...0521rams1.shtml

May 21, 1999 article
~snip~
Brother cleared as suspect in JonBenet case

Boulder DA officially removes Burke Ramsey from investigation

[font=arial,helvetica]By Charlie Brennan
Denver Rocky Mountain News Staff Writer </B>
[/font]

BOULDER -- JonBenet Ramsey's brother was cleared Thursday as a suspect in the child beauty queen's murder. "Burke is not a suspect," said Suzanne Laurion, a spokeswoman

~snip~

Seems pretty clear to me that Burke was cleared! Thanks FranBancroft!

Good to know, that really narrows it down!!!! ????

Fran Bancroft said:
http://denver.rockymountainnews.com...0521rams1.shtml

May 21, 1999 article
~snip~
Brother cleared as suspect in JonBenet case

Boulder DA officially removes Burke Ramsey from investigation

[font=arial,helvetica]By Charlie Brennan
Denver Rocky Mountain News Staff Writer </B>
[/font]

BOULDER -- JonBenet Ramsey's brother was cleared Thursday as a suspect in the child beauty queen's murder. "Burke is not a suspect," said Suzanne Laurion, a spokeswoman

~snip~

:snooty: I will not rule out Burke, but feel that its a far fetch theory.

In this case, no one even if they are cleared by anyone in Boulder is still suspect. It the nature of the BPD AND Hunters stupidity .

No offence Fran, It just my opinion. :)

Fran,

The NEWSPAPER cleared Burke. No one of authority in Boulder cleared him.

Suzanne Laurion did not have the authority to clear Burke as involved in the killing of JonBenet, nor did she clear him. Laurion simply said "Burke is not a suspect". The newspaper misinterpreted her statement, as do others, because of Alex Hunter's and Mary Keenan's fraudulent twist on the term "not a suspect".

"JonBenet Ramsey's brother was cleared Thursday as a suspect in the child beauty queen's murder. "Burke is not a suspect," said Suzanne Laurion, a spokeswoman."

The newspaper used the word "cleared", not Suzanne Laurion. Neither Alex Hunter, nor Mary Keenan, nor Mark Beckner, nor anyone else of authority in Boulder has said that Burke has been cleared. Not being a suspect doesn't equate to being cleared. It's a fraudulent word game that Lin Wood is very good at (Lin Wood was the author of the October 12, 2000 affidavit that Alex Hunter signed which declares Burke a witness and not a suspect, when the truth is NO ONE has been declared an official suspect in the case).

Burke has never been cleared. Melinda Ramsey and John Andrew Ramsey, Burke's siblings, have been cleared. Burke has not.

JMO

BlueCrab said:
Fran,

Suzanne Laurion did not have the authority to clear Burke as involved in the killing of JonBenet, nor did she clear him. Laurion simply said "Burke is not a suspect". The newspaper misinterpreted her statement, as do others, because of Alex Hunter's and Mary Keenan's fraudulent twist on the term "not a suspect".

"JonBenet Ramsey's brother was cleared Thursday as a suspect in the child beauty queen's murder. "Burke is not a suspect," said Suzanne Laurion, a spokeswoman."

The newspaper used the word "cleared", not Suzanne Laurion. Neither Alex Hunter, nor Mary Keenan, nor Mark Beckner, nor anyone else of authority in Boulder has said that Burke has been cleared. Not being a suspect doesn't equate to being cleared. It's a fraudulent word game that Lin Wood is very good at (Lin Wood was the author of the October 12, 2000 affidavit that Alex Hunter signed which declares Burke a witness and not a suspect, when the truth is NO ONE has been declared an official suspect in the case).

Burke has never been cleared. Melinda Ramsey and John Andrew Ramsey, Burke's siblings, have been cleared. Burke has not.

JMO

Very good point Blue :twocents:

TressaRing28 said:
:snooty: I will not rule out Burke, but feel that its a far fetch theory.

In this case, no one even if they are cleared by anyone in Boulder is still suspect.
:confused: :confused: :confused: Huh???

BlueCrab said:
Fran,

JMO
Are you trying to convince me that
a) Burke is NOT a suspect according to BPD
b) He has not been CLEARED (because he's not a suspect that needs to be cleared)
c) therefore he did it??!!

Sounds like semantics without logic.

A few snips from the article:

"To this day, he is not a suspect," Laurion said.

"Our office has not received a request to clear Burke Ramsey as a suspect," Laurion said.
But, speaking for Hunter, Laurion did so anyway: "We were not looking at him as a possible suspect. Burke Ramsey is not a suspect

Burke's parents, John and Patsy Ramsey, remain suspects of a grand jury investigation that was launched by Hunter's office Sept. 15. Early in the investigation, police cleared John Andrew and Melinda Ramsey -- John Ramsey's adult children by a prior marriage -- of any suspected involvement in JonBenet's death.

End snips~

If Burke was NOT a Possible suspect, then why clear him??

I am still looking to find where I read the words "Burke has been cleared." As I do recall reading those words.

jasmine said:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0003/30/lkl.00.html

Read through the transcript. King asked if Burke has been cleared and Hunter says yes.

Great find!
KING: Burke was cleared, right?

HUNTER: Yes.

KING: Was he a long-time suspect?

HUNTER: No.

KING: The son?

HUNTER: No, he -- no. He was considered, as you would expect.

KING: Anybody in the house.

HUNTER: He was one of three people in the house. But both Chief Beckner and I spoke to the exclusion of Burke.

I wonder what BlueCrab will have to say about this! If BlueCrab has flat-out lied to us all on this critical point, I wonder where else he might be shading the truth. Things that make ya go hmmmmmmmmmmm.......

DocWatson said:
Great find!

KING: Burke was cleared, right?

HUNTER: Yes.

DocWatson,

What would you have expected Hunter to say? It was a leading question that required a yes or no answer. He was on nation-wide television. Would you have expected him to say "No"? The next questions would have been "So Burke is a suspect, right?" and "Why specifically is Burke a suspect?"

As you know, I am convinced the grand jury solved the case in 1999, children too young to prosecute were involved, and now the Boulder authorities must do the chicken dance, or come right out and flatly lie, so as not to violate the Colorado Children's Code protecting the identity of the children. Hunter was blind-sided by King's question, didn't have time to think of a suitable response, and had no choice but to lie (which, incidentally, is permitted by the Colorado Children's Code to protect the identities of children). Hunter stayed true to the law by lying, as he should have under the circumstances.

Please refer to the end of the Larry King interview (my emphasis):

Hunter: "You know, I have felt it a real privilege to be able to work this case. AND THE CHALLENGE HAS BEEN TO STAY TRUE TO THE LAW."

JMO

I like your reading of the article, Bluecrab. Burke was not cleared as a suspect, he just hasn't been named as a suspect. To my knowledge, no one has been officially named as a suspect. But, hasn't the entire Ramsey clan been under the "umbrella of suspicion" since the beginning? I am sorry to butt in, for I haven't been in here in some time. I used to post in here for years. Good to get interested again :)

But, speaking for Hunter, Laurion did so anyway: "We were not looking at him as a possible suspect. Burke Ramsey is not a suspect[/font]

I don't normally post about the case but in reading above one would seem to have to see that in order to be cleared , one would have to be a suspect. If a person isn't looked at as a suspect, then it's impossible to use the word "cleared."

Again, you have to BE a suspect in order to be cleared of something and it states he was not a suspect. (I hope that was understood.LOL.)

Some people just like to twist words to fit their own theory. That is why it is important for people to post FACTS about this case!

BeeBee said:
I don't normally post about the case but in reading above one would seem to have to see that in order to be cleared , one would have to be a suspect. If a person isn't looked at as a suspect, then it's impossible to use the word "cleared."

Again, you have to BE a suspect in order to be cleared of something and it states he was not a suspect. (I hope that was understood.LOL.)

BeeBee,

Burke is a suspect.

Let's use common sense about what a suspect is, and not use Hunter's convoluted description of what a suspect is in the Ramsey case. We all know what a suspect is.

Common sense says Burke had to be a suspect at one time or another. When there's a murder, everyone on the face of the earth is a suspect. But by the process of elimination the number of suspects is usually quickly peeled down to several suspects.

Burke was one of three people known to be in the house that night and had to be considered a suspect from the very beginning, regardless of what kind of snake oil Hunter is trying to sell. Therefore, Burke has to be cleared or remain a suspect. He hasn't been cleared.

JMO

BlueCrab said:
BeeBee,

Burke is a suspect.

Let's use common sense about what a suspect is, and not use Hunter's convoluted description of what a suspect is in the Ramsey case. We all know what a suspect is.

Common sense says Burke had to be a suspect at one time or another. When there's a murder, everyone on the face of the earth is a suspect. But by the process of elimination the number of suspects is usually quickly peeled down to several suspects.

Burke was one of three people known to be in the house that night and had to be considered a suspect from the very beginning, regardless of what kind of snake oil Hunter is trying to sell. Therefore, Burke has to be cleared or remain a suspect. He hasn't been cleared.

JMO
HE can't have been cleared of being a suspect because no one was ever really named a suspect. Burke is still on my suspicious list and will always be until someone come up with something besides their opinion or mere words that say he is innocent. Though I guess that's the problem isn't it, no one can come up with any real evidence to completely clear anyone. So it's a lost cause :(

Maninthebox. You are beating a dead horse. Burke was CLEARED! Burke is not a suspect! Burke didnt do it!!! Look in another direction.

Nobody is ever "cleared" in a case like this. The police can simply say "new evidence" has arisen so we are reconsidering X's status.

I dont think Burke did it. He may have been there but there is something about the proposed scenarios into which he is slotted that dont seem to match my idea of a 9-year olds world view.

Even the DA seems to confirm this. Since in PMPT pp 443 "The DA implied that the real holdup for the Ramseys' attorneys was that Burke was'nt old enough to be coached for an interview or an appearance in front of a grand jury."

BlueCrab's BDI explains away most of the anomalies in this case, and seems the most consistent.

Using BlueCrab's BDI but simply inverting it to PDI in collusion later with JR, who knows who they phoned , what advice they had prior to their early morning call , maybe they knew Burke was not legally liable, so they may have "hung" it on him.

There are aspects of the case such as the ligature, the knots, the head trauma, the possible stun gun marks, re-dressing and removal of forensic evidence etc. These dont add up, especially wrt a 9-year old. they do with an adult woman though.

Maybe Patsy was using JonBenet in some form of bondage game, tied to a chair , or alternatively disciplining her using ropes to restrain her. For some reason the chair falls backwards , JonBenet's head hits some protruding object, she appears dead. The rest is her staging downstairs, followed up by John's contributions. I may have missed this one, but Ive never seen where someone asked Burke, "Now you and JonBenet were sipping tea and snacking on pineapple that night, tell me Burke what happened next ?"

Also why should the DA seek to exclude other possible suspects, simply to avoid information about Burkes involvement being broadcast. Prosecuting others and stating that Burke is beneath the age of responsibility and is not a suspect seems a neat way out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back