1010 users online (137 members and 873 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

TN - Chattanooga, human remains in park, Oct'11 - Chuckie Headrick

Children find human remains in Renaissance Park

CHATTANOOGA (WRCB)-- A death investigation is underway after police say children found a body while playing at a local park.

Police say the body was found at Renaissance Park in a wooded area near the Market Street Bridge around 4:45 Monday evening.

They say one of the children picked up the skull and took it their parents because they didn't know what it was. When investigators arrived to the scene they found the rest of the body, which was partially clothed.
    http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/15715811...naissance-park

The remains have been turned over to the ME's office.
    Last edited by Harmony2; 01-04-2012 at 07:39 PM.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

My stomach just dropped....all I can think about is Gail Palmgren.

Doesn't look like it's Gail. The updated news story says the clothing leads them to believe it's a male who might have passed around July or August. Still, it's someone who needs to be brought home to their family. Hopefully the ME will be able to make a quick ID.

Police say the body could have been there for months, and they are now trying to figure out who it is and how the person died.
    Police say the victim is a man, but they tell us they're not sure of the age or race. They tell us the body is now undergoing an autopsy to find out how he died.
    http://www.newschannel9.com/news/loc...rs-update.html

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

I have mixed emotions that this is not Gail. I do NOT want Gail to be found passed; however, I just want something to happen in Gail's case. Some family, some where will get closure. Prayers for that family!
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son! "I will always be his father. On this earth I don't see him, but in heaven we'll be together," Metalwala said.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

The decedent has been identified as Chuckie Lynn Headrick, 39, from Soddy-Daisy TN

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/...-park-identif/

Wow...this seems odd that he would have died from a heart condition 3-4 months previously and his body was still intact enough to be able to determine so in an autopsy - especially in TN during those hot months. Also, why did he go to the wooded area to die? I'm just curious about all this.

Decomposed enough that the kids were able to take the "skull" to their parents. Odd indeed.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far. - Joe Walsh