Identified! TN - Chattanooga, human remains in park, Oct'11 - Chuckie Headrick

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Children find human remains in Renaissance Park

CHATTANOOGA (WRCB)-- A death investigation is underway after police say children found a body while playing at a local park.

Police say the body was found at Renaissance Park in a wooded area near the Market Street Bridge around 4:45 Monday evening.

They say one of the children picked up the skull and took it their parents because they didn't know what it was. When investigators arrived to the scene they found the rest of the body, which was partially clothed.
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/15715811/body-found-at-renaissance-park

The remains have been turned over to the ME's office.

My stomach just dropped....all I can think about is Gail Palmgren.

Doesn't look like it's Gail. The updated news story says the clothing leads them to believe it's a male who might have passed around July or August. Still, it's someone who needs to be brought home to their family. Hopefully the ME will be able to make a quick ID.

I have mixed emotions that this is not Gail. I do NOT want Gail to be found passed; however, I just want something to happen in Gail's case. Some family, some where will get closure. Prayers for that family!

Wow...this seems odd that he would have died from a heart condition 3-4 months previously and his body was still intact enough to be able to determine so in an autopsy - especially in TN during those hot months. Also, why did he go to the wooded area to die? I'm just curious about all this.

Decomposed enough that the kids were able to take the "skull" to their parents. Odd indeed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back