GUILTY GA - Philip Pirkle for child *advertiser censored*, Thomson, 2009

Missizzy

Reaction score
I can't believe we missed this guy. I really don't like concurrent sentencing.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/c...sentenced-child-*advertiser censored*-charges

Former Thomson teacher sentenced on child *advertiser censored* charges
October 6, 2011

"A former band director who was the 2009 Teacher of the Year at Thomson Middle School was sentenced Thursday to two years in prison and eight years probation for child *advertiser censored* charges. Philip Bradley Pirkle will serve two sentences concurrently...."

and

"...Pirkle also will be required to register as a sex offender. Pirkle was a popular teacher and band director at Thomson Middle and Thomson-McDuffie County Junior High schools. On July 20, 2009, Georgia Bureau of Investigation agents served Pirkle with a search warrant and seized various items as evidence that might link him to having had inappropriate communications with a 14-year-old girl..."

and

"....A criminal investigation was launched against Pirkle after the girl’s mother informed the McDuffie County Sheriff’s Department that her daughter had been on MySpace, communicating with a schoolteacher, whom she identified as Pirkle..."

and

"...He was arrested in February 2010 and had been free on bond since...."

More at link (plus comments--I love the one which says this guy is "not the prison type at all")

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lee k
Back