859 users online (142 members and 717 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MS - Unnamed Female, Gulfport, 17 October 2011

Thank you Miss Maple!

Police seek kidnapping victim
    Police are on the lookout for a female jogger who was possibly kidnapped Monday morning on 16th Street despite her attempts to escape her alleged attacker.

A few hours after the 9:15 a.m. kidnapping was reported near the Tegarden Road intersection at U.S. 90, police started asking residents to report any joggers known to frequent the area who were missing. Police chased a lead on a possible victim until late Thursday afternoon, but then discovered that person was accounted for.

They were still trying to identify the victim Thursday evening.
    More...

To report information, call the Gulfport Police Department at 868-5959 or call Crime Stoppers at 877-787-5898 or send at text to CSTIP at 274637 (Crimes).

The article is confusing. Did this occur last Monday and by last Thursday LE was still trying to determine who the victim may be? It's not Tuesday evening yet, so perhaps the article meant last Monday and not yesterday.

Praying whoever this is is found safely and soon. Seems odd that if this occured 8 days ago, someone would not have been reported missing as of yet. Makes me wonder if it might be a domestic situation or was this random by a stranger?
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Witnesses account say that a black male assaulted a female and then shoved her into the vehicle and then left at a high rate of speed west on 16th St. towards Courthouse Road," said Gulfport Police Chief Alan Weatherford.

Weatherford said the alleged attack happened around 9:16 a.m.

"He assaulted her with his fist. He was beating her," said Weatherford. "She was screaming and hollering, from what the witnesses say."

The chief said the man took off in a dark-colored extended cab truck
    Snipped: http://www.wlox.com/story/15715166/s...ng-in-gulfport

How scary!

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    The article is confusing. Did this occur last Monday and by last Thursday LE was still trying to determine who the victim may be? It's not Tuesday evening yet, so perhaps the article meant last Monday and not yesterday.

Praying whoever this is is found safely and soon. Seems odd that if this occured 8 days ago, someone would not have been reported missing as of yet. Makes me wonder if it might be a domestic situation or was this random by a stranger?
    I'm not sure why the other article says Thursday. That's odd. I'm almost positive, from the articles I've read, that it occured yesterday morning.

May be a long shot, but I hope this isn't connected: http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2011/oct/1...rt-ar-2545414/

Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    I'm not sure why the other article says Thursday. That's odd. I'm almost positive, from the articles I've read, that it occured yesterday morning.

I think you're right. I think the mistake in the article linked should have read Monday evening rather than Thursday evening.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    May be a long shot, but I hope this isn't connected: http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2011/oct/1...rt-ar-2545414/

Sadly, it may be. Witnesses should have given LE some kind of description of the jogger. Sad news for the victim found deceased either way.
    ~JMO~

This is just scary and heartbreaking! Why didn't witnesses intervene?

ETA I see they were across the highway and with kids. SO horrible! Wish she had seen the license plate.

http://www.sunherald.com/2011/10/17/...#ixzz1b96GatU5

This is another article with the description of the jogger. I do not think she is the woman found on the trail:

"The jogger appeared to have brown curly hair in a pony tail and was wearing typical jogging attire, including black leggings. Police said the woman is between 5 foot 6 and 5 foot 8 and about 130 pounds."

How horrible! Wonder if the woman assaulted knew the guy? Please let her be found!!

So there is one woman missing after a possible kidnapping and another womans body found in the same area?
    ~ let the storm wash over you, because somewhere beneath, there is your balance and wisdom ~

Rosemadderlake

Quote Originally Posted by Janeumayer View Post
    http://www.sunherald.com/2011/10/17/...#ixzz1b96GatU5

This is another article with the description of the jogger. I do not think she is the woman found on the trail:

"The jogger appeared to have brown curly hair in a pony tail and was wearing typical jogging attire, including black leggings. Police said the woman is between 5 foot 6 and 5 foot 8 and about 130 pounds."

Thank you. That description does not match the body found.
    ~JMO~

Quote Originally Posted by Dushi View Post
    So there is one woman missing after a possible kidnapping and another womans body found in the same area?

Sadly yes, the description of the body found was a heavier blonde. So sad.
    ~JMO~

Assaulting her the way the chief describes in the article makes it sound like a personal attack, doesn't it? I'd picture a stranger abduction as happening fast, something to silence the victim (hand over mouth, etc), shoving her into vehicle and getting away quickly. That he "took time" to beat her with fists makes it seem to me like he was very angry at her, personally.

I hope this isn't going to be another domestic violence incident. Horrible either way, of course, but damn if there haven't been a lot of DV cases lately. Way too many. Ironic, given that it's DV awareness month
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenlady View Post
    Assaulting her the way the chief describes in the article makes it sound like a personal attack, doesn't it? I'd picture a stranger abduction as happening fast, something to silence the victim (hand over mouth, etc), shoving her into vehicle and getting away quickly. That he "took time" to beat her with fists makes it seem to me like he was very angry at her, personally.

I hope this isn't going to be another domestic violence incident. Horrible either way, of course, but damn if there haven't been a lot of DV cases lately. Way too many. Ironic, given that it's DV awareness month
    I had the same feeling.
    Beating her with witness watching, seeing him put her in his vehicle.
    With this news in the press, I am surprised nobody has come forth to report a woman missing
    ~ let the storm wash over you, because somewhere beneath, there is your balance and wisdom ~

Rosemadderlake

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast