Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacific2011 View Post
    Is it possible that the stalemate between JI/DB and KCPD/FBI could drag on forever if BL never turns up alive, there is no confession, and no body is ever found?

OR -- could JI/DB be arrested on a charge of "obstruction of justice" if they continue to ignore LE's request for separate interrogation sessions? I have no idea who/what agency would be able to bring such a charge. . . .possibly the DA?

MOO. TIA.
    The sad thing is, I don't think the stalemate will cease as long as JT is in the picture. How I wish they kept CS instead. I dont see JT as having anybody but his best interest in mind.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to In da Middle For This Useful Post:

Is it possible that the stalemate between JI/DB and KCPD/FBI could drag on forever if BL never turns up alive, there is no confession, and no body is ever found?

OR -- could JI/DB be arrested on a charge of "obstruction of justice" if they continue to ignore LE's request for separate interrogation sessions? I have no idea who/what agency would be able to bring such a charge. . . .possibly the DA?

MOO. TIA.
    I don't think they could face any charges for refusing to talk. Everyone has a right to remain silent, whether they're charged with a crime or not. Even if they're charged and taken to trial, it is their absolute right to take the 5th amendment on the stand and it is not to be held against them.

Imo, if the parents continue to refuse LE's requests for separate interviews and no big breaks in the case emerge, the best chance LE has to hear about goings on in the house in relation to the children (the night of the 3rd and all other nights) will come in civil/family court if Ms. Raim follows through with a custody suit. If Jeremy and/or Debbi refuse to answer questions about that night in the custody suit, it is my understanding that it will be a huge strike against them in retaining custody. The judge needs that information to determine the best interest of the chid. The testimony from the custody suit could then be used by LE in a possible criminal case against the parents. If Jeremy and Debbi take the 5th in civil/family court, Jeremy could end up losing custody of his son to the mother (or to someone else if the mother is deemed unfit), like Terri Horman did. Terri couldn't fight for custody of her daughter because she would have been required to answer questions and defend herself regarding her activities and behavior with the children and at the home, testimony which LE then could have used if they decided to charge her in relation to Kyron's disappearance.

ETA: It might well boil down to Jeremy and Debbi having to decide between answering some of the same questions LE wants answered in civil/family court OR continuing to refuse answering those questions and losing custody of the 8 year old boy.

JMO...
    Last edited by yllek; 11-16-2011 at 02:24 PM. Reason: ETA
    My opinions only, with respect to all those whose opinions differ

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to yllek For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    From the MSM daily 11/16 thread:

Yet another (!) important post from you...

I admire your ability to drill down to the truth and express it so well.

We are on the same page. But you are reading ahead, LOL, and I appreciate that SO much!!!

ETA: But wait...are you saying that the embarrassing job is being done by the attorneys? Becuz they are clearly not doing that job...IMO...neither DB nor JI...and none of their attorneys are apparently working for Lisa nor putting the children's interests ahead of their own.
    BBM.

No, I think the defense attorneys are doing what defense attorneys do: defending their clients using any means possible. I don't like some of the tactics and it makes me mad, but Debbi and Jeremy are their clients, not Lisa. I am saying that it is the parents who are doing an embarassing job in that they are not willing to do whatever it takes on behalf of Lisa; they are instead claiming that it's uncomfortable for them and they have nothing to contribute at this point. LE is busy trying to find Lisa. The defense attorneys are busy spinning, distracting, and defending. The parents are, well, busy doing nothing. JMO, MOO...

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to yllek For This Useful Post:

Defense attorneys work on behalf of their clients' wishes...I have to assume that the parents are on board with his stance against LE. JMO
    Just my opinion, of course.

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

The parents have options. Lisa has none. She is at the mercy of adults to find and save her. The last person known to have seen her was her mother. And mother doesn't want to subject herself to uncomfortable, upsetting LE interviews. I wonder what little Lisa has been subjected to the past 6 weeks, how uncomfortable and upsetting it must be for her.

Which is more difficult to bear - fear of having the finger pointed at you...or...the sheer panic and utter torment of wondering where your baby is, whether she's alive, whether she's being fed, changed, abused, tortured, crying for her mommy?

It's all about choices and priorities.

"We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand...and melting like a snowflake." - Marie Beynon Ray

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sherbie For This Useful Post:

MOO. TIA.
    The DA can bring charges of child neglect. The mother confessed to being drunk and leaving the children in the house unsupervised.

JMO.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MyBelle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by yllek View Post
    I don't think they could face any charges for refusing to talk. Everyone has a right to remain silent, whether they're charged with a crime or not. Even if they're charged and taken to trial, it is their absolute right to take the 5th amendment on the stand and it is not to be held against them.

Imo, if the parents continue to refuse LE's requests for separate interviews and no big breaks in the case emerge, the best chance LE has to hear about goings on in the house in relation to the children (the night of the 3rd and all other nights) will come in civil/family court if Ms. Raim follows through with a custody suit. If Jeremy and/or Debbi refuse to answer questions about that night in the custody suit, it is my understanding that it will be a huge strike against them in retaining custody. The judge needs that information to determine the best interest of the chid. The testimony from the custody suit could then be used by LE in a possible criminal case against the parents. If Jeremy and Debbi take the 5th in civil/family court, Jeremy could end up losing custody of his son to the mother (or to someone else if the mother is deemed unfit), like Terri Horman did. Terri couldn't fight for custody of her daughter because she would have been required to answer questions and defend herself regarding her activities and behavior with the children and at the home, testimony which LE then could have used if they decided to charge her in relation to Kyron's disappearance.

ETA: It might well boil down to Jeremy and Debbi having to decide between answering some of the same questions LE wants answered in civil/family court OR continuing to refuse answering those questions and losing custody of the 8 year old boy.

JMO...
    You are incorrect. Both parents did speak to LE. They did not invoke 5th and refuse to answer ALL questions. Whatever they said to LE can be used against them at trial.

Since JI and DB have steadfastly refused to answer questions LE have said will help them find Lisa, I seriously doubt either will answer questions in a custody matter involving their other children. Their priorities are themselves, not any of their children.

JMO

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MyBelle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MyBelle View Post
    You are incorrect. Both parents did speak to LE. They did not invoke 5th and refuse to answer ALL questions. Whatever they said to LE can be used against them at trial.

Since JI and DB have steadfastly refused to answer questions LE have said will help them find Lisa, I seriously doubt either will answer questions in a custody matter involving their other children. Their priorities are themselves, not any of their children.

JMO
    Sorry MyBelle - not sure I understand. I was saying that LE claims there are questions that the parents won't answer and that is the parents' right to refuse to do so. They haven't been charged with anything, so the 5th doesn't apply. They are simply exercising their right not to speak. But, if they are asked to testify in a custody case in civil court and some of those same questions are asked, they can either answer them or take the 5th, which could be held against them in regards to custody. JMO...

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to yllek For This Useful Post:

Maybe now that they are home, family and friends can talk some sense into them that JT is NOT looking out for them. They do need to talk no matter what he thinks. If they aren't responsible they need to answer some questions. If they are, the stress has to be killing them. Just talk already.

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to In da Middle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Defense attorneys work on behalf of their clients' wishes...I have to assume that the parents are on board with his stance against LE. JMO
    People in litigation wouldn't need lawyers if the lawyers were there only to follow their instructions. Lawyers counsel on the meaning of the law, the applicability of the law to their situation and the best means of handling the problem. JT's advice is standard for a criminal defense lawyer. He has let these folks cooperate far more than many other defense lawyer would because JT sees that he is also representing them as victims of a crime. It is a difficult position.
    We really do not know everything that is going on in the background in what is a very complex case. If it is ever solved, it is going to hold many surprises.
    If DB had killed this child, it would have been solved as quickly as the tragic death of Tyler Dash.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to katshep For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by katshep View Post
    People in litigation wouldn't need lawyers if the lawyers were there only to follow their instructions. Lawyers counsel on the meaning of the law, the applicability of the law to their situation and the best means of handling the problem. JT's advice is standard for a criminal defense lawyer. He has let these folks cooperate far more than many other defense lawyer would because JT sees that he is also representing them as victims of a crime. It is a difficult position.
    We really do not know everything that is going on in the background in what is a very complex case. If it is ever solved, it is going to hold many surprises.
    If DB had killed this child, it would have been solved as quickly as the tragic death of Tyler Dash.
    If that were only true................Tyler's case being solved so fast was the EXCEPTION, not the RULE.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

22. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:

JMO...
    Again, you're reading my mind, but faster than I can think. I agree that this is much like Terri Horman, who apparently has given up all rights to her very precious Baby K in exchange for her continued freedom. And Kyron is still missing. Don't get me started.

I'm left wondering if SeanB and/or his family will fight for the other boy's safety and future.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:

BBM.

No, I think the defense attorneys are doing what defense attorneys do: defending their clients using any means possible. I don't like some of the tactics and it makes me mad, but Debbi and Jeremy are their clients, not Lisa. I am saying that it is the parents who are doing an embarassing job in that they are not willing to do whatever it takes on behalf of Lisa; they are instead claiming that it's uncomfortable for them and they have nothing to contribute at this point. LE is busy trying to find Lisa. The defense attorneys are busy spinning, distracting, and defending. The parents are, well, busy doing nothing. JMO, MOO...
    Thanks for clarifying...I misunderstood. I'm pretty sure I know "where you stand" and thus it didn't "read right".

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by katshep View Post
    Tyler's case was solved, IMO, because he was found...
    Just my opinion, of course.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Aargh, this is killing me! I find myself agreeing with people on both sides of the fence! The only good thing about this case is that there is a place with so many smart, informed people with whom to discuss it.

to my fellow Web Sleuthers!

P.S. I used to work for a cell phone company 10 years ago (anyone remember Nextel?) and I have no idea about the current technology--it changes so quickly!

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Minette For This Useful Post:

Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast