1070 users online (236 members and 834 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Searches for Lisa

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Approximately 15 FBI agents, some with dogs, are searching a large wooded area off North Brighton Avenue and 34th Terrace. The Federal Aviation Administration has initiated a no fly zone for a two mile radius and a 500 foot altitude.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/new...#ixzz1bAQfvRja
    Last edited by Salem; 10-18-2011 at 05:42 PM.

Thanks for the link Slynderella - I think it's a a no fly zone at a two mile radius and 1,500 foot altitude (rather than 500.)

Also from article:
    "There has been nothing new that has brought us out back here to this location we just feel it's best we come back out here go over the area and make sure there isn't some tip or clue that can lead us into a different direction," Patton said.

From KCPD: Officers are searching the area near 210 Hwy and N Brighton. A no fly zone has been put in effect until 8 p.m

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_...#ixzz1bAXL3cC3

KMBC's Martin Augustine reported that within the last hour Kansas City police vans, ones typically used to collect evidence at crime scenes, arrived at the search location.
    Augustine said investigators pulled out what appeared to be ground sifters as if they were going to sift through some dirt and bags.
    Police information officers have not released any other information about the search or what possibly has been found.

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_...#ixzz1bAXrJr00

Oh my.....

Has the FAA ever closed airspace around a search before?
    A.K.A.....Lovethechild

Quote Originally Posted by LotsaLatte View Post
    Thanks for the link Slynderella - I think it's a a no fly zone at a two mile radius and 1,500 foot altitude (rather than 500.)

Also from article:
    "There has been nothing new that has brought us out back here to this location we just feel it's best we come back out here go over the area and make sure there isn't some tip or clue that can lead us into a different direction," Patton said.
    REALLY Patton? The FAA will close the airspace over an area that you're just kind of trying to rule out as a random possibility?

That seems like abuse of power if it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Has the FAA ever closed airspace around a search before?
    Zahra Baker, November 2010 Searches
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5784694"]Zahra Baker Search and Recovery Effort and Input - Page 30 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Maybe others; that was just one that came to mind.

investigators re-searched a large wooded area off North Brighton Avenue and 34th Terrace, near the home of missing Lisa Irwin, but nothing was found. The Tuesday afternoon search prompted officials with the Federal Aviation Administration to initiate a no fly zone over the search area for a radius of 1.15077945 miles.

Capt. Steve Young with Kansas City police said the search of the area was due to a developed lead in the case.

"Strange Crime Scene Investigators were there and they only come out for CRIME scenes.... and the no fly zone so media was not allowed to see ANYTHING... until 8 PM" I hope they find her soon!!!

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/new...#ixzz1bAe0tNv4

Yeah, was waiting on this. Especially when the news copter was up taping the search areas the past 2 days . . . they're searching for evidence (a body, cell phone?).
    ~ krimekat ~
    Live in Peace & Peace will live in you

++++++++++++
    Forum Information & Esoterica

I think they are just searching so no one can say they left evidence anywhere. I really think they are just looking at maps and saying.. " We better look here too!"

greenpalm is offline I don't say much unless I've really thought it through. Then I go on and on.
    (I brought this over from the other thread because it got closed right after I posted)

I would be willing to bet that at some point, they got cell phone pings from this area. Of course, even if they did, the batteries would be long dead, but…I'm just guessing.

They allegedly showed DB a map with cell pings on it. But, I always get all crossed up when it comes to how closely cell pings can be triangulated and pinpointed.

(oh, and GO RANGERS!)

Quote Originally Posted by Slynderella View Post
    investigators re-searched a large wooded area off North Brighton Avenue and 34th Terrace, near the home of missing Lisa Irwin, but nothing was found. The Tuesday afternoon search prompted officials with the Federal Aviation Administration to initiate a no fly zone over the search area for a radius of 1.15077945 miles.

Capt. Steve Young with Kansas City police said the search of the area was due to a developed lead in the case.

"Strange Crime Scene Investigators were there and they only come out for CRIME scenes.... and the no fly zone so media was not allowed to see ANYTHING... until 8 PM" I hope they find her soon!!!

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/new...#ixzz1bAe0tNv4
    They have been out here many times before. Gettin kinda used to seeing them around.

Quote Originally Posted by In da Middle View Post
    They have been out here many times before. Gettin kinda used to seeing them around.
    In da Middle I just want to thank you for all you are doing to help us here get a feel for what is happening in your 'hood!

FBI / KCPD: on same page?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7248881&postcount=1200"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Searches for Lisa Irwin/ merged thread[/ame]

(from closed thread)

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast