NM NM - Elephant Butte, UnkSex/Race/Age, UP11717, partial skeletal remains, Oct'11

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Read More:
http://www.katu.com/news/national/132106333.html

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - The discovery of human bones at a New Mexico reservoir prompted authorities to resume their search Tuesday for possible victims of a man convicted a decade ago of sexually torturing women, the Federal Bureau of Investigations said.

FBI spokesman Frank Fisher said authorities returned to Elephant Butte after learning that a visitor had discovered a section of human femur and other smaller leg bones on the eastern side of the lake about a month ago.

Authorities have long believed that Ray, who died in 2002 while serving life in prison for sexual torture, buried some of the 40 victims he claimed to have had. No bodies have ever been found.

As for the bones found last month, Fisher said they were extremely weathered and it wasn't immediately known how old they were.

Ray, a former state parks mechanic, was arrested in 1999 after a naked woman wearing only a dog collar and chain fled his home.

I saw the Wicked Attraction episode on David Parker Ray on ID Channel a few months ago. This guy was a sick pup.

David Parker Ray - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've always wondered if Jennifer Lynn Pentilla was a victim of DPR.

pentilla_jennifer.jpg
pentilla_jennifer2.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pentilla_jennifer.html

She disappeared not far from Truth or Consequences NM around the same time that DPR was active.

I always wonder if Tara Callico could be one of his victims, and even possibly Michael Henley. Tara vanished approximately 1 hour north of where Ray lived.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/calico_tara.html

I thought that Tara Calico might have been one of David Parker Ray's victims, too. He picked up one of his known victims, Cynthia Vigil in Albuquerque, which is north on I-25 of where Tara Calico was last seen.

The tenth anniversary of this Doe's discovery passed recently. I can't find any recent updates. The original news item is gone but I did find another with a little more information, and this one as well.

The bones were situated "east of the water near McRae Canyon," on the east side of the lake. It's not clear if the bones were buried or in the open. They were originally found by visitors circa September 2011. The visitors did not report the find until about a month later, when they saw a news program about recent efforts to locate victims of serial killer David Parker Ray, who hid bodies in Elephant Butte Reservoir. He may have killed as many as sixty women.

The remains themselves are "extremely weathered" and comprise a femur and several smaller leg bones. FBI investigators searched for other parts but did not find any. It was not certain how long they had been there. Age of the decedent is not mentioned, but the femur is said to be "foot-long" (~30 cm) which means it's probably not a child.

The NAMUS page is still up. Uncertain sex and race, PMI of "years." It adds that the bones were found in a dried lakebed.

Case needs to be moved back up. I doubt LE will take any further action on it, but I assume this is a victim (drowning or homicide?) and not historical remains, since they were found in the lake. Very sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back