Conrad Murray trial -Day thriteen.

"A judge says the involuntary manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson's doctor will resume Wednesday and defense attorneys will begin their case on Friday.

The judge said Tuesday that if the prosecution's final witness finishes his testimony Wednesday, there will be no testimony on Thursday. Defense attorneys for Dr. Conrad Murray say their witnesses aren't available until Friday.

The defense plans to call 15 witnesses, including the head of AEG Live, the company that promoted Jackson's planned series of comeback concerts. Other witnesses will include police detectives who have not testified, character witnesses and experts.

Story: Could Dr. Murray be convicted and avoid jail?

Jurors haven't heard any testimony since Thursday due to the schedule of a witness and to give defense attorneys time to investigate newly conducted tests to determine how much of the sedative lorazepam was in Jackson's body.

Murray has pleaded not guilty."

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44959098/ns/today-entertainment/

"A judge says the involuntary manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson's doctor will resume Wednesday and defense attorneys will begin their case on Friday.

The judge said Tuesday that if the prosecution's final witness finishes his testimony Wednesday, there will be no testimony on Thursday. Defense attorneys for Dr. Conrad Murray say their witnesses aren't available until Friday.

The defense plans to call 15 witnesses, including the head of AEG Live, the company that promoted Jackson's planned series of comeback concerts. Other witnesses will include police detectives who have not testified, character witnesses and experts.

Geez. California has the ability to stretch what would be a three week trial anywhere else in the country to a 4 month affair. At least. This latest excuse seems particularly lame. Seems to me that most of the folks enumerated in that last paragraph would be available. I am always in awe at how much time is wasted on the left coast. Just sayin':maddening:

Hello everyone. Looks like we're about ready to start the days testimony. I'll be here on and off throughout but might not get to post much. I have my granddaughter today and she, quite imperiously as a 4 yr old can do, insists that my attention be on her. :)

I am bringing my post reply over from the last thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azwriter
kaRn, yours is a post I can agree with. MJ wanted the "milk." And I too believed he shopped till he found a doctor who would and could legally buy and stockpile the sleep drugs MJ wanted and was determined to have.

What father goes home at night and spends the night in a room no one is allowed to enter with a doctor there all night? This is very strange.

I believe Dr. Murry didn't keep records because all of this was to be MJ's secret. MJ didn't want records kept of what drugs he was given or the entire routine of him being put under in order to sleep. He played a fools game with a drug that should only be administered in a hospital setting with equipment to cover any emergency while he was under.

Certainly the doctor was wrong to leave the room but he also was wrong in allow himself to be hired for this weird procedure done behind closed doors in a person's private home.

I am sorry MJ died. I am a fan but I have to say in this situation of doctor/patient relationship, MJ wasn't the patient - he was the doctor's boss. It's pitiful for all concerned. JMO
I imagine it is like a lot of parents who may make their bedroom off limits at times to their children while they are in there 'asleep' and I am sure the children thought he was sleeping. Why would they be up in the middle of the night anyway? He didn't even get home until after 1:00 am in the morning. They knew their father was rehearsing for his comeback tour.

I am not sure MJ wanted the 'milk' as in craved because Propofol is not addictive since it leaves the blood stream within a few short minutes but he did feel this was the only med that worked for him and really if he thought he had rested then that is what he felt. He told CM that nothing else worked.

They are beginning to do studies now where Propofol is being used as a sleep aide for people who suffer from terrible insomnia. I suppose it is no different than someone else who has insomnia and thinks only one drug works for them.

I don't believe MJ was the boss at all. He had always trusted doctors. Some he shouldn't have, imo but he did.

I think he knew the risks. He knew he had to have a licensed doctor administer this drug. That is why I think the theory of injecting it himself is a cockamamie lie CM made up in his faux statement. If so then after he got Murray to buy the drugs he would no longer need him and could just do it himself. That DT theory doesn't make sense but then the others don't either.

He also knew a doctor would have to monitor him. He told Nurse Lee he would be fine BECAUSE a doctor would be there monitoring him. What he could not foresee though was a doctor who was more interested in talking on the phone that day and didn't have his mind on monitoring him at all. So I do think MJ took necessary precautions or he would have just gotten a layperson to administer it to him after CM supplied it and frankly knowing how Murray deviated so grossly from the standard of care that day he may have been better off. A layperson sure couldn't have done any worse.

From what I have seen of Murray thus far I think he came across to MJ as someone who could handle everything and really there was nothing in his background that said he couldn't. He had been a doctor for almost 20 years and had three different practices. I have no doubt he came across as authoritative and full of himself. After all he wanted 5 million to start with but still was going to be paid 150K a month.

MJ was aware of what Murray had to do and so was Murray. Murray just didnt give a darn about his patient the morning he killed MJ.

IMO

Hello everyone. Looks like we're about ready to start the days testimony. I'll be here on and off throughout but might not get to post much. I have my granddaughter today and she, quite imperiously as a 4 yr old can do, insists that my attention be on her. :)

Well, well, well, now we know where your priorities are, Grams!

How lucky you are to have a 4-year-old little girl whose priority today is YOU!! Enjoy each other! Time flies. She'll be asking for your car keys before you know it!!!
icon12.gif

PETA Calls For Federal Investigation Into Conrad Murray Propofol Study On Beagle Dogs

By Alexis Tereszcuk - Radar Senior Reporter

The shocking news that Dr. Conrad Murray's defense team tested the drug Propofol on Beagle dogs to help with his case in the Michael Jackson death trial has outraged PETA so much that they're calling for a federal investigation, saying it would have caused "enormous suffering in the animals."

As RadarOnline.com exclusively reported, Dr. Murray's defense team commissioned a study testing the affects of the powerful anesthetic on Beagle dogs, to bolster their claim that Michael Jackson orally overdosed on the drug.

"I cannot imagine any use for this information at all," PETA's Vice President of Laboratory Kathy Guillermo exclusively told RadarOnline.com. "These tests cause enormous suffering in animals."

PETA (the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals organization), filed a complaint with the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) on Monday alleging "cruel drug toxicity tests on beagles commissioned by the defense team of Dr. Conrad Murray, the physician now on trial for his alleged role in Michael Jackson's death.

“PETA asserts that if attorneys from Flanagan, Unger, Grover & McCool did commission the tests for the drug propofol - the toxic effects of which have been extensively studied in dogs and humans - those tests were likely conducted in violation of the federal Animal Welfare Act's prohibition against tests on animals that duplicate previous experiments. PETA has filed a complaint with the State Bar of California as well."

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...ting-beagles-peta-wants-federal-investigation

:furious::furious::furious:

Good Morning All!

Trial should be starting any time now and I am going to catch as much of it as I can.
I won't be here to read all of your excellent summaries, opinions, vents, etc. because, well....
life happens and I have other things to tend to.
But know that I will be back to read, catch up with all your posts as soon as I'm able.
Keep up the terrific work....Thank you all for being here.

I wonder what the hold up is?

imo

Supposedly the Judge is ruling on an evidentiary issue. Because this is CA, these issues are not ruled on before the jury arrives, as they are in other jurisdictions. Anything to stretch out the trial; I don't know why taxpayers there put up with this nonsense.

Court in session -- JP explaining delay

Dr. Steven Shafer resuming testimony on direct

Geez. California has the ability to stretch what would be a three week trial anywhere else in the country to a 4 month affair. At least. This latest excuse seems particularly lame. Seems to me that most of the folks enumerated in that last paragraph would be available. I am always in awe at how much time is wasted on the left coast. Just sayin':maddening:

I wonder if the Jury appreciates the delays in testimony. They're all under a great deal of stress attempting to absorb new and complex information in a short amount of time so having unexpected and extended breaks give them time to de-stress and allow their mind to relax. JMO

I hear the trial has resumed.

*Dr. Steven Shafer has developed mathematical models to determine sedation levels and how much drug should be used for various drugs; propofol, lidocaine, lorazepam, midazolam.
*His research has formed foundation for this field of study / pharmacokinetics
*Has published more than 50 book chapters
*Has written more than 160 papers, articles
*Speaks on the subject nationally and internationally
*Professor of Anesthesiology -- trains other scientists
*First and foremost he is an MD - practices anesthesiology
*Is testifying pro-bono - does it because expert for another side in case he was involved in made misrepresentations -- and does not want to profit
*Specifically for this case:
-public / reputation of physicians - need to restore confidence that doctors put patients first - so patients are not afraid because of how anesthesia was administered in this case
-patients should not have fear - wants patients to understand that when administered by people who know what they are doing -- has nothing to do with how administered in this case

Mid morning break -- need some matters addressed -- will be longer than usual

I wonder if the Jury appreciates the delays in testimony. They're all under a great deal of stress attempting to absorb new and complex information in a short amount of time so having unexpected and extended breaks give them time to de-stress and allow their mind to relax. JMO

I hear the trial has resumed.

I doubt it. I actually served on a jury a few years back. It was a civil case, but it was ten years old. We spent half our time sitting in the jury room while evidentiary issues were argued, and it ticked us off no end. It is a waste of the time of twelve people. Now they are already taking a mid morning break; oy vey.

Oh my gosh it's mid morning break already. Did they not just start? They didn't even get to anything good yet.

Oh my gosh it's mid morning break already. Did they not just start? They didn't even get to anything good yet.

Seems there may be some issues re: Shafer's testimony because Walgren made a comment that he should stop now due to previous discussions between Judge and attorneys grr

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back