Cynthia Short-Local Attorney no longer representing Irwin and Bradley

peeples

Reaction score
Heard it on Fox... am watching live feeds of the search warrant though and cannot open anymore windows to google her LOL My poor 'puter will crash

They have JT and a local attorney?

Because he's not from that state he has to have a local attorney to confer with in order to practice in that area...One of our verified attorney's posted the terminology for it, but i cannot remember what it is

Because he's not from that state he has to have a local attorney to confer with in order to practice in that area...One of our verified attorney's posted the terminology for it, but i cannot remember what it is

I'm pretty sure the term is pro hac vice.

I wish I'd paid attention in Latin in 9th grade.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_hac_vice"]Pro hac vice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Latin: "for this occasion" or "for this event."

did anyone happen to notice on her webpage the practice area overview? amoung them are wrongful death, criminal defense, and homicide??

Also if you look under her husbands bio...Mr. Mccalisters it has Civil Rights Police Misconduct

Thus far, according to Short, the couple has allowed police to:

Take their computer; call an Amber Alert, knowing that it would bring federal investigators into the case; take their other two children for forensic interviews; have the complete run of their home, their vehicles, a shed and a pop-up camper; take DNA and other biological evidence; obtain Lisa’s medical records, including those for well-baby visits; and conduct a polygraph examination on Bradley.

The couple also receives five or six calls a day from investigators, said Short, who estimated that Bradley and Irwin each have spent about 40 hours answering police questions since Lisa disappeared.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/20/3220223/baby-lisas-lawyers-say-police.html#ixzz1bOGmeqsG

i think this should go here

They stand ready to do more for police, said Short, who is working on the case pro bono.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/20/3220223/baby-lisas-lawyers-say-police.html#ixzz1bP37NzMt

There is also an attorney Sean O'Brien
To (police), refusing to cooperate means not wanting to sign a confession,” said Sean O’Brien, one of the attorneys.

“That’s ridiculous,” said police spokesman Steve Young. Officers merely want to get the truth and a fresh interview with the couple would be a good start, he said.

In an interview with The Star, O’Brien and attorney Cyndy Short said they have begun to set boundaries for how Bradley and Irwin deal with investigators.

But they said the parents still answer questions from investigators and are prepared to continue cooperating.

Short is local counsel for New York attorney Joseph Tacopina, and O’Brien works with the Innocence Project at the University of Missouri-Kansas City.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/20/3220223/baby-lisas-lawyers-say-police.html#ixzz1bP3nffq0

Sounds like she's a good attorney. I have no doubt what she says in the Star interview is accurate. I've been around LE for years. They do good work but they can also operate with blinders. I think the polices spokesman Young is sugar coating. The questions they want answered are how, why and where did you do it. I think the police were trying to orchestrate public opinion..to put demand on the DA to go along with an arrest. On a totally different type case just two months ago, LE showing its bias went way out in the woods on a case in my area..and probably cost a young man his future in the NFL. It was heartbreaking to witness.

If Cynthia Short is working pro bono, does that mean JT is working pro bono too since he's a more expensive lawyer?

If Cynthia Short is working pro bono, does that mean JT is working pro bono too since he's a more expensive lawyer?

More than likely, or at a reduced fee with an agreement to be paid after the fact at least expenses.. But it could be gratis....Short probably wanted JT for his access to national media plus his expertise.

Or maybe Short is paying for JT's fees??? I have a feeling that Short may have a family connection. No verifiable source just a feeling of mine.

i think this should go here

From the link:
“To (police), refusing to cooperate means not wanting to sign a confession,” said Sean O’Brien, one of the attorneys.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/20/3220223/baby-lisas-lawyers-say-police.html#ixzz1bQe3a52I

That is exactly what I posted the other day. Sounds to me like they have been cooperating, just not the way LE wants them to... IOW, sign a confession.
I would say that these attorneys are exactly what these parents need right now. Even if they are guilty, they are going to need a good defense, and if they're not.... then they still need it.

From the link:
“To (police), refusing to cooperate means not wanting to sign a confession,” said Sean O’Brien, one of the attorneys.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/20/3220223/baby-lisas-lawyers-say-police.html#ixzz1bQe3a52I

That is exactly what I posted the other day. Sounds to me like they have been cooperating, just not the way LE wants them to... IOW, sign a confession.
I would say that these attorneys are exactly what these parents need right now. Even if they are guilty, they are going to need a good defense, and if they're not.... then they still need it.

I agree with you. They seem to have gotten two of the best, one in KC and one national. Whatever the true facts, they need them.

Sounds like she's a good attorney. I have no doubt what she says in the Star interview is accurate. I've been around LE for years. They do good work but they can also operate with blinders. I think the polices spokesman Young is sugar coating. The questions they want answered are how, why and where did you do it. I think the police were trying to orchestrate public opinion..to put demand on the DA to go along with an arrest. On a totally different type case just two months ago, LE showing its bias went way out in the woods on a case in my area..and probably cost a young man his future in the NFL. It was heartbreaking to witness.

You're absolutely right, it happens every day. I am usually a defender of LE because my son is LE, but I know in some cases they do jump to conclusions too quickly and they're not always right. I prefer them to give it a little time before they decide who is responsible, rather than immediately pouncing on the parents and presuming their guilt from the first day and trying to "beat" a confession out of them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back