Conrad Murray trial -Day fourteen.

Good morning,

So what is on the Court's agenda for today? The defense team will cross-examine
Dr. Shafer and then the Court will take a break until Friday morning when the Defense will call their next witness? Court will likey end early today.

Good morning,

Dr. Shafer and then the Court will take a break until Friday morning when the Defense will call their next witness? Court will likey end early today.

Morning Blue!

From what Beth Karas just said she believes that Dr. Shafer will be on the stand for the state possibly a couple of more hours then the defense will cross after then.

Flanigan's crosses are usually very long so it may take the rest of the day.

I am not sure that Judge Pastor is going to give the DT another day off before they begin their CIC since the jury has really missed a lot of time this week and last week.

IMO

Good morning,

Actually, Walgren hasn't finished with direct examination yet. Beth Karas he could likely have an hour or two to go yet based on her saying there are some territories that he hasn't yet covered and if he does, likely an hour or two more.

Given Flanagan's propensity to extend out a cross examination beyond it's shelf life and then redirect, recross, reredirect, rerecross....we could very likely have a full day today.

Morning Blue!

From what Beth Karas just said she believes that Dr. Shafer will be on the stand for the state possibly a couple of more hours then the defense will cross after then.

Flanigan's crosses are usually very long so it may take the rest of the day.

I am not sure that Judge Pastor is going to give the DT another day off before they begin their CIC since the jury has really missed a lot of time this week and last week.

IMO

The media report I posted yesterday said "Defense attorneys for Dr. Conrad Murray say their witnesses aren't available until Friday."

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44959098/ns/today-entertainment/

Actually, Walgren hasn't finished with direct examination yet. Beth Karas he could likely have an hour or two to go yet based on her saying there are some territories that he hasn't yet covered and if he does, likely an hour or two more.

Given Flanagan's propensity to extend out a cross examination beyond it's shelf life and then redirect, recross, reredirect, rerecross....we could very likely have a full day today.

Thanks Talina, I didn't hear Judge Pastor excuse Dr. Shafer either so I expected he would be back on the witness stand Thursday am to wrap-up his testimony. Judge Pastor only directed his instructions to the Jury and I never heard him directly instruct Dr. Shafer before Court was adjourned.

Judge Pastor looks like Robert De Niro.

So this study shows that even if MJ drank the propofal it wouldn't have affected him???

*still like this witness :)

Good afternoon all. :)

Just in case anyone missed it:

Zero possibility that MJ consumed propofol and caused his death

Attended conference in Chile in May, 2011. Conducted experiment on humans re: bioavailability of propofol found in humans.

Sidebar

I think Chernoff is objecting because they already said they were not going to argue oral ingestion but I do not blame Walgren one bit for bringing it up with the work Dr. Shafer did to disprove it especially considering DT knew since May was not viable.

Overruled by Judge

Results -
6 people - 3 volunteers drank 20ML of propofol (200mg)
3 people - 3 volunteers drank 2x that amount (400mg)

Vital signs and sedation were measured using common, validated scale for assessment of anesthesia (repeatedly)

Based on scale -- none of the subjects were sedated at any time following the oral ingestion of propofol

Measurement of sedation -- none

Level of oxygen or blood pressure never dropped throughout study

Was presented to Anesthesiologist Society Conference last Friday in Chicago - he missed it (of course we know that it was due to his father's death)

Received Lifetime Achievement Award

Based on tests - more than 4mg of lorazepam administered to MJ

mid-morning break - 15 minutes

ETA: Dr. Shafer originally said it was administered by Dr. Murray but defense objected and it was sustained so he had to give his answer without indicating Murray

Tweet by ABC:
abc7MurrayTrial ABC7 Murray Trial
Judge recessing trial for the mid-morning break. Walgren said he needs time to put together PowerPoint presentation. Trial resumes at 10:15

O/T I know this isn't the complain about NG thread, but my gosh Jean C. is overly dramatic. I used to love her, cause she kept it to the facts, ..... argh ........

Dr Shafer stated "Michael Jackson's blood levels taken during the autopsy prove more than 4 mg of Lorazepam was in Michael Jackson's system before he died.

At autopsy, .169 mg of Lorazepam was in femoral blood. (I think this is right).

Dr. Murray claimed he gave MJ 2 mg of Lorazepam twice on June 25, the initial dose of 2 mg was given at 2 am and the second dose of 2 mg was given at 5 am.

O/T I know this isn't the complain about NG thread, but my gosh Jean C. is overly dramatic. I used to love her, cause she kept it to the facts, ..... argh ........

I so agree; most of them are doing that now. I just like listening to Beth K and Vinnie. Alan Duke as well when he pops in occasionally.

Jean C had a fit the other day. She was outside the courtroom on one of the breaks trying to say something but Beth Karas and someone else were also talking and they went in a diff direction that what Jean C wanted to say in her report. So she said over them "i am still here waiting to give my report on what i wanted to talk about" it was pretty funny...she sounded like a little kid pouting

I so agree; most of them are doing that now. I just like listening to Beth K and Vinnie. Alan Duke as well when he pops in occasionally.

I really like Beth K and Vinnie. Alan, and for me -love Mike B. No yelling, no bombshells and no yelling.

I love how Nancy Grace refers to Jean Casaras as "Jingasaurus" each time she talks to her or mentions her.

Even Dr Drew hopped on the Drama Train during the Casey A. Trial.

And he's still on it.

Psychiatrists are normally even tempered and not surprised nor do they usually get theatrical or emotional.

I think HLN has told all the commentators and THs to show MORE emotion... for ratings.

Because, apparently, of Nancy Grace's ratings going sky-high during the CA Trial.

OMG -- is he saying MJ received 4mgs of lorazepam every 1/2 hour since 2AM?

Wish I could capture a screen shot but don't know how to do that. grrr

40mg of drug in one bottle of lorazepam

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado