Atlanta student bullied, afraid to go to school

Nefriahaia

Inactive
Reaction score
bi4htd.jpg

ATLANTA (CBS ATLANTA) -
Gary Watkins put plywood over his front and back windows after he said a group of teenagers broke the glass.

"They tried to kick my door in, knocked my windows out," said Watkins.

Watkins told CBS Atlanta about 15 teenagers came to his southwest Atlanta home and tried to beat up his teenage daughter.

Watkins filed a police report and told officers his daughter is having problems in school and after school with another girl.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/15736684/atlanta-student-bullied-afraid-to-go-to-school?hpt=us_bn5

I'm so sad...and absolutely hate bullying. So this family has to move because the school wont let her change schools. That's ridiculous! And now the school is threatening court action because she's a truant?

What do they want....for this poor child to kill herself or be killed?

I'm sending an e-mail to Booker T. Washington High to tell them exactly how I feel. I hope others will do the same.

Mel

My guess is, that's an auto-generated letter put out by the district office, and they have no knowledge of the problem with this one child in her local campus.

Our school district does that on the district wide level, and it's a horrifying letter full of threats, but it's all a bluff.

I wonder if there isn't something "more" to this story that the family isn't saying.

The first question I usually have after reading about inaction by the school on bullying allegations is "Who are the parents of the bully?". I have found throughout the years that when bullying is purposely ignored or overlooked or covered up, the bully's parents are usually connected to the school in some way or are well known or have some influence over the school board or the school itself. This case and the school staff who should be responsible for preventing bullying should be investigated so that the truth can be revealed as to why the bully has not been taken to task and help responsible for their actions.

The first question I usually have after reading about inaction by the school on bullying allegations is "Who are the parents of the bully?". I have found throughout the years that when bullying is purposely ignored or overlooked or covered up, the bully's parents are usually connected to the school in some way or are well known or have some influence over the school board or the school itself. This case and the school staff who should be responsible for preventing bullying should be investigated so that the truth can be revealed as to why the bully has not been taken to task and help responsible for their actions.

BBM: ITA with your insight; a friend of mine wound-up removing both her kiddos b/c her son was bullied non-stop by another boy in his class. (and surprise, surprise- this happened in a private Christian school:maddening:)!!! The mom went to the teacher, assistant principal, the principal and then the board members who have oversight for the school. Nothing changed (except the "bully" increased his garbage), and the bully learned a valuable lesson: he could literally get away with anything b/c he was well aware of the steps taken by the "victim's" parents. :banghead:

The Bully? None other than the Principal's son! :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back